10

Shipwrecked

The previous day, Mr Seon hired two men to carry out his mission. 

 
"When they are playing, sneak into their room and put in Pill X in their drinks. It makes them drowsy and will not wake up until very late. Nothing will stir them up, unless it's urgent business... You know... Today at night there will be heavy rainstorms. Lock them in their room when i make the emergency announcement. Never ever let them escape if they want to do their business. After a few minutes later run to the life boat. I'll be bringing everyone back to safety before the actual storm. You will be the last. I'll promise you I'll bring you back safely. After all these I'll pay you handsomely."
 
The two burly men looked at each nodded, accepting the order. 
 
 
 
When Mi Young entered her room, she took her bottle of water, sat on her bed and drank it all down in gulps. 
 
*Why would there be bodyguards here? And it's very weird cuz nothing will happen to us! Unless theres someone plotting evil...* Before Mi Young can even think finish her eyes rolled back as she fell in a deep sleep, caused by the drug. 
 
 
"Everyone. Emergency. Please wake up from your slumber. Emergency. Emergency." Everyone in their bed stirred awake by the loud announcement. Some of them were not interested, they continued their sleep. "There will be a heavy rainstorms coming in our direction. Please wake up immediately and head towards the first level, at the podium. I'll send everyone safely back to Seoul." The announcement ended. Those fully awake were shocked, they didnt know if it was true anot but still woke the others now. 
 
They grabbed their personal belongings and rushed to the first level. Meanwhile, the two burly guards stay hidden. When everyone were out from the bunks, they hatched a strong lock onto the doors of Sol Hwa and Mi Young's room. One of them leaned in.
 
"Asleep. Let's go." 
 
 
Girls and boys boarded the lifeboats, enough to hold 15 people. There were more than enough; and one sailor was on each lifeboat. They paddled away one by one, next to each other, as quick as possible. Mr Seon saw the two bodyguards and signaled them to board the lifeboat. "Hurry. This is for both of you. I'm going together with the rest of the school." Mr Seon quickly jumped into the last lifeboat and paddled away with some teachers. 
 
 
The two bodyguards paddled as hard as they could. This lifeboat was hard to paddle; they had been paddling for quite awhile but they don't seem to be moving. Suddenly, they felt something wet on their feet. They looked up at each other and stopped their paddling. One of them bent down and touched the water. His eyes flunk wide open and looked flabbergasted. 
 
"That scammer! Our life boat! It's spoilt! He punctured it!!" 
 
 
Not long after the sounds of thunder rumbling crept through the night air, followed by a flash of lightning which scared the wits out of them.
"we're dead."
 
They held their hands tight, muttering prayers to relief their fear. They both thought of returning to the ship, which there maybe a possibility of them surviving. But water was already flowing in crazily, and they knew death was inevitable. Time wasn't on their side. 
 
 
Raindrops poured down from the night sky. Lightnings and thunders occurred frequently and the sea became rough. The almost empty cruise was rocking around like a baby in a cradle. Waves of water also flooded the entire deck. 
 
 
Mi Young stirred awake from her deep slumber. She wanted to relieve herself badly, which she thought was due to her drinking too much water. Mi Young's head swung around and she walked like a zombie. She headed towards the door and pulled it. It didn't budge. Mi Young tried again and again but it didn't budge. Now her mind was much clearer, it then dawned to her that they were locked. 
 
"Shucks!! Is there anyone outside?!" Mi Young hollered and knocked hard on the cabin door. The clanging of the lock replied her. Suddenly a loud thunder boomed and Mi Young jumped. 
 
*Thunder... Raining... Cruising... DARN!! We're trapped!! And this must be someone's doing!* 
 
Mi Young ran over to Sol Hwa's side, who was still sound asleep. "Sol!! Wake up!!" Mi Young shouted at the top of her lungs when Sol Hwa didn't wake up. No matter how hard Mi Young shook, she can't stir awake. 
 
*oh my god!! Someone save us!!*