ACT 8

The Cinderella Girl

A/N: Sorry for not updating for a while. I've just been busy with school starting, but I'M ALIVE. I put Trouble Maker officially on Hiatus so I can finish this story. I think it'll end earlier than I thought cause I expected to be 20 parts or so...but it might be less then that :\ Idk...anyway...I think all of you will enjoy this chapter ;) Upvote and leave a comment if you did~ LOVE YOU GUYS ^-^


“Key...I’m not so sure about this now...” I mumble as we now stand in front of this huge house. It’s almost like a mansion...also I heard somewhere that this was Wu Yi Fan’s house. I mean they were all friends, so Minseok is going to be here. I mean I want to see Jongin and everything, but I’m scared what everyone is going to say when I walk in.

 

“Oh no, you’re not chickening out on me now,” Key says, grabbing my hand. He forcefully drags me into the house.

 

When we enter, the music, I recall the song being from P.A.B’s new album...I think it was Typhoon, blasting as loud as it possibly could be. I search the room to see if there is anyone I knew, but so far nothing.

 

I feel Key rummage through my purse and pull out my cellphone, “I set the alarm to go off at about midnight. That’s plenty of time for you to get home. Make sure you find me when you go though so that way no one snatches your pretty self.”

 

“KEY! You’re here. Jonghyun is looking for you.” a skinny beanpole yells from across the room. Key looks annoyed and yells back.

 

“TAEMIN, I’LL GO OVER THERE WHEN I WANT TO! I don’t want to see that idiot.” He then walks off in the other direction, causing Taemin to follow him.

 

I’m now stuck in the middle of the dance floor where the music is blaring as loud as it can. I look around to see people grinding on each other and jumping up and down. I manage to squeeze my way through to get to....I have no idea. Anywhere were guys aren’t that sweaty or the music isn’t that loud.

 

“HEY YOU PUT THAT DOWN!!” I hear a familiar voice yells, “MY MOTHER’S VASE ISN’T A THROW THING!!” That was Yi Fan. Finally someone I knew! I manage to get over to that side of the room without bumping into anyone...well I felt someone slap my , but that’s besides the point. I just want to get to someone I actually know!

 

“Y-Yi Fan...” I meekly call out and tug at his shirt. He is about to yell at me until I lift my mask to reveal who I am.

 

“Oh...you’re....” he thinks for a sec, “Yoon Hee right?” I nod my head, “Ah...the others have been waiting for you, and by others I mean basically my close friends. The others are floating around here somewhere. I’ll take you to them.”

 

“ohh...thanks...” I mutter. He pulls me close to him to make a pathway through a bunch of people and lead me to what I think is the kitchen.

 

“You know this party is lame if no one wants to hang out with us,” Jongdae says, “I mean no one leaves the others alone.”

 

“Oh stop your whining, Chen,” Zitao says, smacking Jongdae’s arm.

 

“Eh hem,” Yi Fan scoffs, getting everyone’s attention. Their eyes go wide as they realize that it was me that he brought along.

 

“Yoon Hee! We haven’t seen you in forever,” Lu Han says pulling me into a hug. I turn a slight pink from his sudden contact, “Xiumin, your gir-”

 

Minseok slaps Lu Han over the head, “Shut up! I know what you’re going to say.” Minseok turns his head away from me. Was he mad that I was ignoring him? I just didn’t want him to think any differently of me. I guess I made a mistake.

 

Yi Fan notices my sudden slump, “Hey guys, I think we should head outside to the pool. I think it will be much more fun there.”

 

“I-I didn’t know this was a pool party.” I mumble. Yi Fan just laughs.

 

“It’s not. The pool water hasn’t been cleaned yet, so I told people not to go into the pool.”

 

“Oh...” I nod in response. The others left, but Minseok and I stay behind. We awkwardly stand in silence.

 

“So how did your hair get back to normal?” he asks after what seemed like an eternity.

 

“My friend helped me put extensions in it. I didn’t really want to come to this party, but they forced me to come anyway,” I mumble.

 

“Ah, I see. I was just a little worried about you.” Minseok scratches the back of his head, “Y-you know...there’s something I want to say to you.”

 

What? Something to say to me? Maybe it was that he is mad at me for avoiding him, and he doesn’t want to see me again. My heart starts racing, and I feel my hands reach up to my mask was still on. I’m sure it didn’t matter if he saw my face become read, but I didn’t want him to see the tears that were starting to well up in my eyes.

 

“Yoon Hee, I actually lo-”

 

Minseok is cut off by Jongin and Hyuna walking into the kitchen. Jongin doesn’t exactly look to happy; Hyuna on the other hand is barely covered with clothing and is tugging on Jongin’s arm to make him stop.

 

“Hyuna, I didn’t invite you to this party!” He yells, trying to release his grip on her. Jongin is trying anything to try to get away from her, but he soon stops as he sees Minseok and me, “Oh Xiumin-hyung, I didn’t see you there. Am I interrupting something?”

 

Minseok quickly straightens up and turns away from me, “A-ah no. I was just saying I had to go to the bathroom.”

 

With that he left...Minseok is probably too shy to say what he wants to in front of Jongin and Hyuna...more probably Hyuna then Jongin.

 

Jongin then turns towards me and gives a gentle smile, “And you are?”

 

He doesn’t recognize me, probably because of the mask and the long hair. I didn’t want to necessarily want to reveal my identity to Hyuna though. Who knows what would happen if she knew it was me.

 

“A-ah, you can just call me Cinderella!” I quickly say...wow...that is so lame Yoon Hee. Jongin just laughs, and the cutesy laugh, not the ‘oh my gosh you’re a dork’ kind of laugh. I smile a bit, probably blushing too.

 

“That’s pretty cute,” he says. Hyuna’s mouth drops open and quickly grabs my hand, dragging me away from Jongin.

 

“Excuse me, I need to talk to Cinderella here.” She says mockingly, “You know, one on one girl talk.” With that, she leads me outside to where the pool area was. Yi Fan is right about the pool being kind of gross, but people are still chilling out on the lawn chairs. Hyuna probably doesn’t want our conversation overheard by anyone, so she here we are standing by the pool’s edge.

 

“W-what do you want?” I question, making her scoff at me.

 

“I don’t know if you were born yesterday or if you’re just stupid, but stay away from Kai. He likes me okay?” she says. I frown. Jongin obviously does not like her! Hyuna is just being delusional, “How come I never seen you around school anyway? I know everyone there.”

 

She leans in to try to get a better look at me, but it ends up failing.  Her face contorts in disgust; I imagine that I’m getting on her nerves.

 

“You aren’t even that pretty. I don’t understand why you call yourself Cinderella or why Jongin even has the slightest interest in you.” Hyuna’s words sting, but she doesn’t even stop there, “Or even why Xiumin would be talking to you in the first place. Well obviously, it probably has to do with the fact you’re both losers. It only makes sense that someone that’s as shy, ugly, and socially awkward as Xiumin would talk to you. I mean-”

 

“Shut up Hyuna.”

 

Those words left my mouth without me even thinking about it. I felt a whole load being thrown off my shoulders.

 

“What did you just say?” she asks in disbelief.

 

“Just as I said, shut up. You think you’re so special that you have to belittle people into thinking their lower than you, when they aren’t. Jongin doesn’t even like you. You are just a conceited, little, whiny who just loves making other people’s lives miserable! So just shut up!”

 

Woooahh, I didn’t even think I had it in me. I really don’t mind if people insult me, but...Minseok doesn’t deserve to be insulted by anyone. He’s one of the nicest people out there, and he’s my first friend outside of Suzy, Jia, Min, and Fei. This actually felt good to say what I said...but now everyone is silent and staring at us. They start whispering.

 

I turn my attention back to Hyuna who looks absolutely pissed off. Without any warning, she lunges at me starting to yank at my hair and dress. I whimper as these were just clip on extensions, and they freaking hurt when being yanked. I claw at Hyuna to try to push her off, but it doesn’t seem to work.

 

I then notice what she’s trying to do. She’s trying to pull my mask off, probably to see my face. I can’t let her blow my cover! I spin us around to try to get her off balance, which in her heels was easy to do. Quickly throwing my arms up to keep my mask on, I accidentally push her shoulders, throwing Hyuna even more off balance.

 

SPLASH! Hyuna lands in the disgusting pool, and everyone yells in shock. Hyuna swims to the top and screams as loud as she can.

 

Jongin and his friends then come rushing out of the house. The tall one with dumbo ears being the first one to laugh as loud as he can. Everyone then joins in after him, including Jongin who starts to chuckle cutely.

 

“Good job, girl,” one of Jongin’s friends throws his arms around my shoulder, “You put Hyuna in her place. Maybe now she’ll finally leave us alone.”

 

Hyuna looks in shock as her eyes lock on Jongin, “Kai!! Help ME!!”

 

Jongin just shakes his head, “I’m sorry Hyuna, but I think you really need to cool off for a while in the pool. I think it’ll help you see that we don’t want you all over us, especially me.”

 

Hyuna then lets out another scream as her make up starts running; her friends then rush over to try to pull her out of the pool. Meanwhile, everyone is cheering me on.

 

“That was amazing!”

 

“Who is she?”

 

“I dunno, but she’s my hero.”

 

My eyes turn on Jongin, who just mouths ‘Thank you.’ He then stands next to me and leads me back into the house.

 

((Hyuna’s POV))

 

That ing . I mentally think to myself as my friends pull me out.

 

“Girl what just happened?!” they ask. I wasn’t worried about that; my hair, make-up, and outfit are now completely ruined by disgusting pool water. I then notice that I’m clutching on to something...hair? The piece of hair had an extension clip at the end of it.


Extensions? That fake ...I will find out who she is.

 


 

A/N: Also check out my new story I'm co-authoring with Emily_Brownie414, Designer Wars.

Just click the poster to see it~ ^-^ THANK YOU GUYS