ACT 5

The Cinderella Girl

I rushed home that day, pretty happy at everything that happened. For once, I was all smiles. I burst into the house, startling my brother. His face softens from his startled one to a kind face.

 

“Hey, you look like you  had a good day,” Myung-ki says, walking over to me and placed a kiss on my forehead, “did you talk to Jongin or something today?”

 

“Well, no, but Minseok introduced me to most of his friends today,” I say smiling, “They that I was cute and kind.”

 

“What would make them think otherwise?” Myung-ki says, smiling, “Well, I’m glad that you had a good time today. It’s been ‘fun’ here. I don’t know how you put up with umma.” I just shrug and noticed that the house was spotless.

 

“Woah, you really did clean the house good, Oppa,” I commented noticing that there was food laying out on the table. He just rolled his eyes.

 

“Yeah, cause umma REALLY wanted the house to be extra cleaned. She yelled at me if it wasn’t up to her standard,” he explains. Myung-ki gave a sigh before sitting down on the couch, “I think I’m done though. I cleaned pretty much everything.”

 

“MYUNG-KI!”

 

“But apparently not,” he mumbled. Our step-mother stepped into the room and saw me.

 

“Oh good, you’re home. I need you to stay out in the entrance and wait for Hana to get here,” she says, “remember, you have to do everything Hana asks you to.” I nodded and walked to the entrance. Who knows when Hana will come home?

 

SLAM! The door went right in my face...I stood corrected.

 

“Yoon Hee! Are you alright?!” Myung-ki says running to my aid as I clutched my nose. I didn’t seem to be broken nor was it bleeding. I got lucky, I guess.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry Yoon Hee. I didn’t see you there,” No....not her. I look up to see Hyuna in her living flesh. Damn it...why didn’t I just stay home today.  Why couldn’t Hana hang out with people her age?! She’s only like 15... I’m 17 and so is Hyuna....

 

Hyuna also would hang out with Hana unless she got a benefit out of this. I had a really bad feeling about this. She smirked at me as I frowned....this was going to be miserable.

 

“Don’t pay attention to Yoon Hee! She’s not important,” Hana says from behind Hyuna and her friends.

 

“Ah! Hana, you’re home and this must be your friends. I’m Seok Hyun Ok, feel free to make yourself at home. Yoon Hee will be available whenever you need her,” Our stepmother says walking in. I wish she didn’t do that though.

 

“Oh, is she now? I’ll be sure to remember that,” Hyuna says, smirking. I felt like banging my head against the wall, “She can go get me a glass of juice then.” My stepmother waved her hands to send me into the kitchen to fetch Hyuna a glass of juice. I dragged Myung-ki with me though.

 

“Yoon Hee, what’s wrong?” he asks, concerned for my nose that almost got broken by Hyuna.

 

“She’s one of the reasons why my school life is miserable!” I say, “She’s going to torture me here now...not that I don’t get enough torture...” Myung-ki frowned.

 

“I won’t let that happen Yoon Hee. I’ll make sure she doesn’t hurt you,” He says hugging me. I smile; I’m sure Hyuna won’t mess with Myung-ki since he’s older than him. I just hope she doesn’t try to hit on him or anything...

 

--

 

I felt like ripping my brains out. Basically for the whole first part of the night, Hyuna and her friends are barking orders at me, and Hana is obnoxiously dancing and singing to random K-Pop songs. Myung-ki is sitting next to me, trying to bare with it. Poor soul

 

“So Myung-ki, why don’t you join the party with us?” Hyuna asks, sitting next to Myung-ki. He instinctively scoots closer to me, “What? You want to hang out with this loser?”

 

“Yoon Hee isn’t a loser. She’s my precious little sister,” he defends, “If you weren’t such a self-centered , you would see that.” I was surprised to hear Hyuna laugh.

 

“Ah, you’re funny.” she says smirking, “I think it’s time to push them both out. I’ve had enough of you two for now. I’ll call Yoon Hee if we need anything.”

 

With that, she just pushed us off the couch and into the kitchen. Well, I guess I won’t have to really deal with her anymore.

 

“Is she always that annoying?” Myung-ki asks me. I just nod, “No wonder school is hell for you. I’m surprised you haven’t hit her yet.”

 

“Appa never wanted us to get into violence,” I pout. Myung-ki laughs and ruffles my hair.

 

“You are cute, you know,” he says, “I have homework I got to do though so-”

“Say no more,” I interrupt, “You go do your homework and I’ll take care of Hyuna. She’s only barked orders at me, so I’m sure that everything will be fine.”

 

“You sure? I don’t want you getting hurt.”

 

“I’ll be fine, Oppa. I don’t want you falling behind in school because of me.” He nodded, giving me a quick hug before walking away. I decided to wash some dishes while I had free time away from Hyuna and the evil stepmother.

 

“So enough about idols, what about the cute guys at our school”

 

That was Hana. I guess they didn’t realize that I could hear their whole conversation from the kitchen.

 

“The guys in that EXO group are pretty cute,” Hana says.

 

“Yeah, but they’re out of your league. They don’t date younger girls,” Hyuna says as her friends laugh.

 

“Yeah...you’re probably right, but you hang out with them a lot. They must sure like you,” Hana says.

 

“Yeah, but your sister is starting to infiltrate that.” one of Hyuna’s friends say, “She’s hanging out with those Chinese losers.”

 

They were talking about Minseok and his friends? I knew that Hyuna’s posse didn’t like them, but they were directly bad mouthing them? They have no shame...

 

“Yeah, I think it will be a problem,” Hyuna says, “She’ll probably get real friendly with them and then be introduced to Jongin-oppa. I know she likes him. It would be a pity to see her go for someone WAY out of her league. We have to find a way to make them not like her” I roll my eyes. She’s really shallow, isn’t she. I had to stop what I was doing and sneak closer to the door’s edge to hear better.

 

“Won’t that lead to the Chinese members to dislike you?” Hana asks. I could feel Hyuna roll her eyes.

 

“They won’t know it’s me, idiot. I really don’t care if the Chang chong losers hate me anyway,” she says, “I only care for Jongin-oppa’s approval. Everyone else can just go somewhere else.”

 

“But Sehun is cute,” one of her friends say.

 

“Hush, that’s you. I don’t date younger guys. I like calling my guys ‘Oppa,’” Hyuna says. I leaned closer to the door to hear better, but I ended up slipping and causing the door to open. I fell into the living room where the girls were...this isn’t good.

 

“Oh, looky. We have an eavesdropper,” Hyuna says as they all walk up to me, “I guess we’ll have to carry out our little plan earlier than expected.” She snaps her fingers and her friends grab me before I could run away.

 

“Hana, why do guys not date girls?” Hyuna asks. Hana seemed taken aback by the question. It was a shallow question and Hyuna was looking for a shallow answer.

 

“Cause their ugly?” Hana answers, worried that she got it wrong. Hyuna just smiled.

 

“That’s right! Cause their ugly,” Hyuna says; she grabs my face and tilts it towards hers, “I dunno what Minseok and the others see in you, but that’s going to change. Hana, go get me scissors.” Hana, being the dumb self she is, does exactly as she’s told. Hyuna opens the pair of scissors and pulls part of my hair out.

 

“No! Stop!” I yell out, struggling to break free.

 

SNIP! I look in horror, and Hyuna is holding a long piece of my hair.  She laughs, throws it on the floor, and starts cutting more of my hair.

 

“There. Now, no one will like you,” she says. Her friends let go off me, and I just stare at the hair that was now on the ground. Tears threaten to spill over, but I wasn’t going to cry in front of Hyuna...I had too much pride for that, “Come on girls. We’ve done all the fun stuff at this party.” With that, Hyuna’s posse left.

 

Hana, I think, was just as shocked as I was. Stepmother then came in...

 

“YOON HEE?! Why is there hair everywhere?” she yells, “You ungrateful girl...cutting your own hair after I give you permission to grow it out. Clean this mess up! You drove Hana’s friends to walk out because of this, I guess.” She droned on and on about how I was a failure and how I ruined Hana’s party.

 

I wasn’t worried about it...I just tuned it out. I gathered the hair and threw it away and walked upstairs. Myung-ki just walked out of his room.

 

“Yoon Hee?! What happened to your hair?!” He questions. The tears then flowed freely as I just ran to hug him. He my hair and back to calm me down.


I didn’t sleep well that night...

 


A/N: OHMIGOSH GUYS I AM SOOOOOO SORRY FOR THE VERY LATE UPDATE D: I've been busy with stuff ;__; I'm going to try to update as much as I can before I leave for a trip to San Antonio :\ I've been kindof dealing with writer's block for this chapter. I swear the story will pick up soon! It'll get good ;) So stay tune. I was also wanting to mention something.

I am now apart of a OneShot Request shop ^-^ So, if you guys want to get a oneshot written by moi~ Please go to:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/445594/beautiful-night-one-shot-graphic-request-shop-open-hiring-graphics-oneshot-request-hiring-shop

I would really appreciate it if you guys support this shop and request and EVERYTHING :D <3 It would mean a lot to me. Don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and leave a comment on how you think the story is progressing. I love reading comments guys. :) It helps me to find inspiration to write. ^-^ It really does help alot.

LOVE YOU GUYS <3