ACT 14

The Cinderella Girl

I expected pain but nothing. I open my eyes to see Hyunseung punch the dude square in the face. Minseok isn’t that far behind him as he runs to me.

 

“Yoon-Hee, are you alright?” he asks. In my daze, all I could do is nod my head. I look over at the dude to see him knocked out. I guess he hit his head when he fell to the ground. Hyunseung rushes over to Hyuna’s side and covers her with his jacket.

 

“H-Hyunseung?” Hyuna cries. He just cradles her, sushing her and whispering everything is going to be okay.

 

“Yoon-Hee, are you an idiot?! You could have gotten hurt?” Minseok yells, “what were you thinking?”

 

“I-I wasn’t…” I mumble, “I just didn’t want to see Hyuna get hurt like this.”

 

Minseok sighs. From the corner, I see Hyuna escape Hyunseung’s arms and just walk over to me. She wipes the tears from her face, frowning at me.

 

“You know I still don’t like you,” she comments. Honestly, I didn’t expect her to like me immediately from just saving her. Hell, I didn’t expect her to like me at all, “But that was pretty brave. After all I’ve done to you, you still decided to save me. For that, I have to thank you Yoon-Hee.”

 

“Y-you don’t have to thank me,” I say blushing. I never thought Hyuna would ever thank me. She just laughs.

 

“You should learn to love yourself more Yoon-Hee. Maybe then you wouldn’t be affected by anything I say.” It’s kinda hard to love one’s self when I have a terrible step-mother and the biggest bully in the school torturing me. Still, her words ring kind of true in my head.

 

I turn around to see Minseok walk off, “Minseok!”

 

He kept walking without turning back to face me. He is upset, but I can’t really blame him. For one thing, he felt feelings for me for a long time.

 

“Minseok, please stop,” I plead, “I know I messed up but-”

 

“No Yoon-Hee, you didn’t mess up,” he says sadly, “I know your choice. Honestly, I do. I accept your choice, but I feel like it would be better if we did the project and not really speak. It would just be too painful.”

 

He starts to go again, but I stop him. I throw my arms around his waist, giving him a back hug, “I don’t want that happen!”

 

“But Jongin-”

 

“Jongin didn’t introduce me to his friends like you did.  He also didn’t want to share lunches like you did. Plus, you saw me when I was invisible,” I say, “you were my friend Minseok, but I realize you are so much more to me. Jongin saved me from Hyuna, who probably would only ostracize me, but you came to me to rescue me from physical danger. I don’t even know how you knew.”

 

“Hyunseung told me,” Minseok says, “he was looking for Hyuna since she was seeing that creepy guy before, but Hyunseung said he was going to protect her. He saw you walk out the door and then heard that guys voice. I just happened to be walking by, and he told me what happened. The rest you know. I know that it isn’t as heroic as Jongin saving you; I know I’m just second rate-”

 

“You’re not second rate, Minseok,” I say, “I’m sorry that I was so blind in not seeing you, when you saw me.”

 

He turns around and smiles at me, “I never got to tell you at the party. Yoon-Hee, I love you.”

 

I smile back at him. Minseok cups my face in his hands and leans down to plant a kiss on my lips. This kiss is different from the kiss I had with Jongin. I always dreamed of kissing Jongin, but this kiss feels more magical and more like I envisioned in dreams.

 

He breaks the kiss and starts giggling like an idiot, “I’ve been wanting to do that for a while you know.”

 

“Sorry to have kept you waiting,” I say, kissing him again and wrapping my arms around his neck.

 

~oO:Oo~

 

I place the ring on Jongin’s desk in front of him, “I’m sorry Jongin. I’m sure you are going to be a very nice boyfriend, but I don’t think I am going to be the girlfriend for you.”

 

He picks up the ring and looks up at me, “So that’s it?”

 

“Yeah, I’m sorry. I come to realize that you’re a good guy, but I had a friend who saw me when I wasn’t anybody. I overlooked him and decided to follow what I thought I wanted. What I thought I wanted was in front of me all along though.”

 

Jongin is quiet, just staring at the ring in his hand. He nods his head, “It’s Xiumin ain’t it?”

 

“Y-yeah, how did you know?” I ask.

 

“For one thing, I see you around the corner there hyung!” he yells. Minseok sheepishly steps out from behind the corner, “I remember you mentioning to the guys about an amazing girl who you had fallen head over heels with. The only girl I could see you being with now is her.

 

“Plus, I remember you talking to her at the party before I kind of interrupted. Sorry about that hyung.”

 

“No, it’s all good Jongin.” Minseok says.

 

“Here, why don’t you keep this.” Jongin says handing the ring to Minseok, “You know, it might make a good gift for someone. You’ll be the better boyfriend.”

 

Jongin then leaves. He seemed a little bit sad, but happy at the same time. I’m sure that Jongin and Minseok will still be friends.

 

“So, do you want to?” Minseok asks.

 

“Want to what?” I tease smiling.


“Do you want me to be your boyfriend?” he asks. I humm, but then nod. He kisses my forehead in response.


A/N: Sorry for not updating for about a month you guys. :c I've been busy with school and life, but you know that I still love you guys AND THERE'S ONLY ONE CHAPTER LEFT OF THIS STORY :D I'm finally going to finish it. ahhhh I hope you guys have enjoyed it as much as I did.