ACT 13

The Cinderella Girl

A/N: SOME MATURE CONTENT BUT NOT ALOT

 

Lights flash everywhere, but unlike the last time I was unhappy. I couldn’t even smile, even though fans were cheering my name. Even Jongin being by my side didn’t really make me happy.

 

“Miss Seok, over here!” someone cries. The voice was familiar. I turn to see Minseok standing behind the red rope with a camera taking pictures of me, “beautiful as always.”

 

His usual smile makes  me happy again, and I run to him, “I missed you.”

 

I pull him into my arms, and he just started my hair, “Yoon-Hee, I just wanted to tell you I don’t want to see you ever again.”

 

I look at him in shock, “Jongin is your love. I can see I’ll always be second best to him.”

 

Jongin then grabbed my arm and pulls me towards him, all the way to the car. I cry Minseok’s name. Anything to try to get his attention again, but the crowd drowns my cries out.

 

“Yoon-Hee!”

 

“We love you Yoon-Hee!”

 

“Yoon-Hee!” I awake to my brother shaking me awake. Breathing hard, I look around the room trying to find comfort, but it wasn’t my room. I wasn’t home. I forgot we were staying at his friend’s house, “you were crying someone’s name! You okay?”

 

I look at Myung-ki’s concerned face, “Y-yeah, I’m fine. Just a nightmare. Guess I’m just not used to sleeping at someone else’s house.”

 

He briefly chuckles and kisses my forehead, “come, my friends actually cooked you breakfast. If it’s bad you don’t have to eat it.”

 

I laugh a little bit, following him to his friend’s kitchen.

 

“Ahh, Yoon-Hee is awake,” Himchan says, “did you sleep well?”

 

“Y-yeah, I slept fine.” I mumble, “just not used to sleeping in a comfy bed.”

 

“Ahhh Myung-ki, she’s so precious!” Himchan cooes, “She’s like the younger sister I never had.”

 

“oh hush, Himchan,” Myung-ki says, “you can’t have my little sister.”

 

“Here you go Yoon-Hee,” Yongguk says, putting a plate of food in front of me, “I packed you a lunch too, so you just have to get ready for school.”

 

Tears rush down my face as I stare at the food in front of me. They stare at me in shock, like why would this girl start crying. It is because I’m grateful...I never had a proper breakfast because I had to make breakfast for everyone else in the house. Dad was the only one that made me breakfast, and since he died no one has ever made me breakfast. Myung-ki wanted to, but step-mother never allowed him to.

 

“Thank you,” I mumble, “thank you so much.”

 

“See Yongguk, she’s precious!” Himchan says pulling me into his arms, “you guys can stay forever if you want to.”

 

~oO:Oo~

 

The walk to school wasn’t so bad. I didn’t see Hana on the way there. I wonder if her mother kept her from going to school. I feel sorry for Hana for she never really meant any harm. If she didn’t have a devil of a mother, then she would have been a good person.

 

“Yoon-Hee!” Suzy calls as she runs up to me. She links her arm with mine and leans on my shoulder, “How are you doing? I walked by your house, and the wicked step-mother was going nuts.”

 

“Nuts, how so?” I ask.

 

“She was yelling at your step-sister for stupid stuff. I didn’t see you so I thought you left for school already,” she says.

 

“I don’t live there anymore. I live with my brother and his friends.”

 

“Oh, you’re brother’s friends...are they cute?” I shrug my shoulder jokingly to get her off of me. She just laughs as we enter the gates to the school. There was a change in atmosphere. Everyone stops and stares at me, whispering. I don’t know if it was good whispering or bad whispering...All I know is that I didn’t like it.

 

I try to rush into the school but I accidently bump into someone. It was Jongin, and he just stares at me. I assume people told him about me. I tried to move past him, hiding my face from him; he stops me.

 

“Yoon-Hee, why didn’t you tell me who you were?” Jongin asks.

 

“I-I was afraid of what Hyuna might do to me…” I mumble, “I wanted to tell you because you have something that is very precious to me.”

 

“Oh and what was it?” Jongin asks smirking.

 

“You have the locket my father gave to me.” I say. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out my locket. Jongin then puts it around my neck.

 

“It looks beautiful on you.”

 

I really did not know how to respond to him. This was something that I thought I dreamt of for a long time, but it doesn’t feel right. I didn’t know what it was.

 

DING

 

The bell resonated through the school, and I feel Jongin intertwine his hand with mine. Girls gasp in surprise. He then leads me to my first class.

 

~oO:Oo~

 

The day was not anything special. It felt empty. Normally, Minseok would joke with me in class, but he sat on the other side today.

 

“I really care about you, but I don’t think this is going to work out.”

 

His words still stung; his face was serious and hurt instead of his normal nature. We still needed to get the project done, but it just hasn’t been working out. I never realized how much I could miss a person even though they were right next to me.

 

“Hey Yoon-Hee,” Jongin’s voice says cheerfully. I could see Minseok glance over at me but then turn back to his book. Jongin is still talking but I wasn’t really paying attention, “Yoon-Hee, are you spacing out?”

 

“Huh? Oh yeah. I guess so. It’s been a crazy past couple of days.”

 

“Yeah, I understand. Here I wanted to give this to you,” he says handing me a ring, “I hope you accept my feelings.”

 

I didn’t know. I nod my head and excuse myself, not really knowing where I was going. Just somewhere I could be alone to think things through. I ended up in the back courtyard where the upperclassmen eat, not that there were anyone there.

 

The ring I held in my hand certainly was pretty. I thought I would say yes, but it didn’t happen. Jongin is great and all, but truthfully I miss someone else. I miss-

 

“Come on babe,” a deep voice calls out. It sounded like an upperclassman. I should probably leave since a lot of them come out here to either smoke or make out with girls.

 

“Get real. I’m done with your stupid antics. I’m not a who you can just come to every time you’re . You got a hand for that.”

 

That was Hyuna’s voice. I got really nervous, but it didn’t seem like they knew I was here.

 

“Come on, you were never like this before? What’s gotten into you?” he says. I look over to finally spot them. Hyuna’s hair was cut shorter and was actually blonde. Something seemed different.

 

“I met someone else, so I’m done with you.” she says. Someone else? She certainly didn’t mean Jongin. Hyuna turns to leave, but she is harshly grabbed and pushed against the wall earning a meek yelp from her.

 

“Oh no you don’t! You are mine!!” He yells and he rips open her school blouse revealing her tank top underneath. She screams, but he quickly hushes her up and starts kissing her neck.

 

From impulse, I took my shoe off and threw it, hitting him in the back of the head. He stops attacking Hyuna, which made me give a sigh of relief but then he turns and starts walking towards me. I just end up backing up until I hit a wall.

 

“You little !” a click sounds indicating he pulled out a box cutter.

 

I was shaking, afraid of what he would do to me. I never even got the chance to apologize to Minseok.

 

I never got to tell him how I felt about him. I just closed my eyes hoping this was just a dream.

 

“YOON-HEE!”


“HYUNA!”


A/N: Ugh I'm sorry I've been busy. But the story is almost over! YAY :D Now I can focus on one story (not including Designer Wars). I'll try to finish up before my writing contest is over (WHICH I WOULD LIKE MORE PEOPLE TO SIGN UP FOR :D) There are prizes! Anyway, I hope you guys are enjoying your year so far. Thank you everyone who supports me. I couldn't thank you guys enough <3

~Yugifall