ACT 11

The Cinderella Girl

The day seemed to go slower than normal. I’m sure hundreds of girls have already gone up to Jongin, but nothing seemed to change the fact he still has my locket. I can’t just waltz up to him and ask for my locket back! Hyuna would know that I was the one who pushed her into the pool.

 

“Girl, he would protect you!” Kibum tried to convince me, but no! Hyuna would find her way to torture me slowly and cruelly. She has her methods.

 

Of course this is still bad for me. My locket might never be returned. The thought made me sick to my stomach.

 

I just walk into English, wishing the day would just be over.

 

“Okay students! Since we finished reading Cinderella, we are going to have an assignment--a paper to be more exact,” The teacher says. There was a choral of groans echoing through the room, “Hey! Be quiet. I will assign partners since this is a dual effort. The paper will be on anything you want, as long as you write in English. It can be a book review, a literary analysis, anything! It’ll be due in two weeks so you’ll have some time to research if you need to.”

 

Great, now I have this to worry about. Can it get any worse?

 

“First pair will be Fei and Suzy, then Jia and Min.”

 

Well damn, it can. My friends get paired together, and I still have a chance to get Hyuna. Kill me. I glance over to my friends, and they give an apologetic look. I can only pray I don’t get Hyuna.

 

“Hyuna, you will be paired with--”

 

Please don’t be me! Please don’t be me!

“Hyunseung.”

 

Ah, thank God!

 

“Yoon-Hee, you are paired with Minseok.”

 

My stress seems to have gone down immensely. At least I was going to work with someone I like. I look over to Minseok, but he doesn’t exactly look all that excited. It could possibly be because it was a paper. I don’t see anyone actually liking to do homework.

 

Class went by with a group discussion about the fairytale. People start snickering because they say Jongin’s situation was just like the story. In which, the teacher quickly shushed them saying it was not nice to gossip.

 

I wish it was gossip. Irony hurts though.

 

“Okay, class is dismissed. Good luck on your projects,” the teacher says as he leaves the classroom.

 

“Sorry you didn’t get us as partners,” Fei says, “We didn’t want this to happen.”

 

“Guys relax,” I say softly, “At least I didn’t get Hyuna, and I got Minseok. It seems perfectly fine to me.”

 

“I dunno Yoon-Hee. Little birdies around the school have been saying that Minseok has been really moody lately,” Suzy says, “Everyone is starting to call him the ice prince.”

 

“I hardly think that would be him,” I counter, “Minseok is a nice person.”

 

“Besides, I think she has something else to be worrying about. Like this whole mess with Jongin,” Min whispers, “He’s the one that has her locket. I mean how are we going to get it back. There’s no way we can because he knows that we didn’t go to the party. We’re not close to him.”

 

“Ahh, that’s true,” Suzy says, “I mean we told his friends that we weren’t interested in partying cause that’s just not our style.”

 

“Anyway, we should discuss our paper. I need to do good on this cause I’m almost failing this class,” Jia says. I nod, understanding. Honestly, I am still nervous to talk to Minseok. I recall him wanting to tell me something at the party, but Jongin and Hyuna interrupted him.

 

I hope it wasn’t serious.

 

“Minseok,” I call out softly, standing next to his seat, “I was wondering what you wanted to do for the project.”

 

He sighed. All of a sudden, he just stood up. Minseok just seems frustrated, “Can we talk about this later? I have somethings I have to do.”

 

“Ummm, sure.” I say. With that, he started to leave. He walks out into the hallway, and being the dumb person that I am decided to follow him. I was hoping that he would tell me what he was going to say at the party.

 

Minseok just stops in the middle of the hallway, “what do you want?”

I was shocked by his sudden abruptness, “I-I just wanted know what you were going to tell me at the party.”

 

Minseok rolls his eyes. The gossip was true about him becoming an ice prince, “You really are an innocent girl, Yoon-Hee! I really care about you, but I don’t think this is going to workout. Why don’t you just go to Kai like you did at the party!?”

 

With that, Minseok walks away. We were pretty far down the hallway, so I’m sure that no one heard him. Which was a relief.

 

Minseok really cares about me? Why would he yell at me in the middle of the hallway? He must really hate me now.

 

“Go to Kai, huh?” My blood runs cold. I turn to see Hyuna step out of the lady’s restroom, “You must have been the one he was talking to in the kitchen.”

 

No, no, don’t tell me she overheard us.


“Meaning you were the one who pushed me into the pool,” she says, walking closer to me. She had a devilish smirk on her face, “you little .”


A/N: GUYS! I am so sorry for not updating this story in AGES. I've been busy with school (which is about to start up again...oh...) but I promise to try to update this because it is almost done. I'm sorry for the short update and the sudden cliffhanger. I hope you guys understand. <3 I love you guys so much and thank you for being so patient with me. It means so much. <3 Comment, subscribe, and upvote. It really helps guys. I LOVE YOU ALL MY BEAUTIFUL SUBSCRIBERS

~yugifall