Pearl

Exo return to the past

Chapter 5

The interior of the room was simple, there was a little bed with green sheets, a work table that had what appeared to be long dead plants on it, and a small dresser where all they found was a collection of guardian jewelry, a lot like their own except it had roses instead of any of their symbols.  
 
Kris picked up the anklet in confusion "who's is this?" Suddenly they heard Mama's voice, "this is Pearl's room, the guardian of plants,she was the first guardian to fall in the old war, therefore she will be the first one you find" 
 
"but where is she?" Suho asked. 
 
 " think back where did she say she always felt most powerful" Mama suggested 
 
" flowers" Suho responded quietly, while looking at the empty spaces in the dresser.
 
"wait, so you're saying she's in a flower?"Kyungsoo asked with his eyes getting ever wider. 
 
"How the hell is she in a flower? she shrunk?" The ever helpful Kai questioned 
 
" no, a large flower protected by a barrier that only the two chosen guardians can pass through" Mama pitched in. 
 
 " so we have to go back into the woods?" Kris whined, 
 
"yes" everyone else responded, kris groaned.
---------------------
 
The next day they went out into the woods to begin searching, they searched for hours, had an interesting run in with poison ivy and local wildlife, kris was still trying to get twigs out of his hair. Until finally chanyeol suddenly fell backwards. 
 
"Yeollie" Baekhyun called out in surprise " are you okay?" 
 
" I think we found the barrier" chanyeol groaned holding his head. 
 
Suho looked in confusion before walking right past chanyeol then stopping in shock "Mama wasn't kidding, there really is a giant flower!" 
 
Lay went to walk through the barrier as well before falling backwards, yelping in pain, 
 
"what's wrong?", 
 
"I can't pass through" he said looking shocked.  
 
Kris went to help him up before suggesting that maybe Kyungsoo try instead, he had the power of earth it would probably work, Kyungsoo walked through with no problem. 
 
" Whoa... That is one big flower!" They approached it carefully, after all, who knew what could be around it.