The Sanctuary

Exo return to the past

Chapter 4

 
The hike to the sanctuary took about two days, so they ate and drank very little.  When they arrived they all paused for a moment to look at their abandoned childhood home.  
 
The roof had collapsed and the beautiful stained glass was broken with multiple missing pieces, the wood that had originally made the sanctuary comforting and warm was rotting and the whole place was close to falling down.  
 
They slept outside next to the sanctuary that night, since no one really fancied the whole thing falling down on them, and decided to explore the sanctuary the next morning to try to find any hints about the mysterious legends.  
 
"Well, lets start with the forbidden chambers and hope that was where they lived" kris had decided that the legends must have lived there because it was the only place in the sanctuary they hadn't been allowed to go to as children.  
 
The walk through the sanctuary was strange, they had always felt more powerful there, but it almost seemed as if something was telling them to get away.  Suddenly Xiumin, who had been walking ahead with Chen let out a scream of surprise.
 
The rest of the group raced ahead towards the couple, but froze once they got there, machines littered the floor along with bodies dressed in weird red bodysuit type things, they all looked like they had been dead for a long time, until one of the machines started buzzing. 
 
"Power detected, power detected, take down, take down" and suddenly the 7 other machines in the hallway started repeating the words and buzzing to life.  
 
Luhan quickly held his hand out flat, palm up, before twisting it and pulling it into a fist, it only crushed one of them.  
 
" really luhan, one?" Kris asked annoyed 
 
"well how about you try it oh great warrior leader" Luhan grumbled.
 
Xiumin managed to freeze another one, which he happily broke with a well place punch and Chen took out another two by shorting out their circuits.  Sehun took care of two when they smashed into each other due to his tornado, Tao got one by kicking through it.
 
 "look gege, I got one!" Tao said excitedly, Kris just nodded his head in acknowledgement.  Kai took out the last two by tricking them into shooting each other with his teleportation.
 
"I thought we had gotten rid of those" they all jumped about a foot in the air "MAMA warn us next time you do that!" Luhan groaned holding his head, he had gotten an overload of screams due to the link. 
 
 "I'm sorry children, but I honestly thought that those had been defeated by the legends" 
 
"what are they?" Suho asked, 
 
"they are a part of the red forces, they were the reason you all had to leave in the first place, they also defeated the legends."
 
The boys stepped carefully around the bodies, just in case something else decided to come back to life. And cautiously made their way through the rest of the sanctuary and into the forbidden section.
 
The forbidden section looked like it was in even worse shape than the rest of the sanctuary but they slowly and carefully made their way in.  They found themselves in a hallway with six doors and even though they tugged and pulled and hit with all their strength four of the doors wouldn't open but one in the middle and the one next to it did.  
 
Kris shakily opened opened the door and immediately looked for signs of danger, "it's safe" Suho followed him in and looked curiously around the room.