Then there were three

Exo return to the past

Chanyeol entered the tent quietly, his face opening into into a smile... That fell as soon as he saw the little light user.

 
"Baek..." He whispered gently at the sight of the shorter.  
 
Baekhyun's face was covered in some kind of cream with little gauze patches over the worst burns, there was another gel like like substance on his neck, covering the bruises from being strangled.  He looked exhausted and so, so fragile lying there burnt and bruised.
 
Chanyeol gently sat down next to the boy, running a hand through his hair, and wincing a bit as excess electricity shocked him.
 
Baekhyun just blinked sleepily at him before his lips curled up into a little smile, leaning into his hand.  Chanyeol smiled at the smaller before leaning down and giving him a gentle peck on the lips
 
"Go to sleep sunshine, I'll be here when you wake up" he gently reassured the smaller before Baekhyun's eyes slipped closed and his whole body relaxed.
 
--------------------------------
 
"Maybe I should go help Pearl, she probably can't reach her back very well..."
 
Mace made a face (hahaha see what I did there!?) at Serena's musings before rolling her eyes.
 
"Please, don't let me get in the way of you two reuniting" 
 
Serena turned to her in confusion, before she figured out what Mace actually meant.
 
"EW no we don't do that!!!" She exclaimed, red-faced at the thought.  Mace just rolled her eyes "sure unnie...sure".
 
Leaving an embarrassed, and slightly annoyed Serena behind, Mace quietly made her way into baekyeol's tent.
 
She stopped at the entrance, watching Chanyeol a sleeping Baekhyun's hair gently.  She cleared her throught awkwardly, causing Chanyeol to look up,  
 
"how is he?" She asked guiltily.
 
"He's fine..." Chanyeol answered, keeping an eye on her as she sat down.
 
"Why do you all attack us when you wake up, I would think you would have some kind of sensor or something for your kids.
 
Mace sighed, "Serena would really do a better job at explaining this than me... But I'll do my best." She shifted slightly, getting into a more comfortable position before speaking again.
 
"When you all were first discovered, you were newborns, couldn't eat, walk, talk, anything, we were already over a hundred years old at that point.  It was so peaceful those first few years, the only thing we had to worry about were animals and dirty diapers... But when Xiumin reached his tenth birthday things changed." 
 
The legend closed her eyes at the memory before beginning her story again.
 
"Here on Exoplanet, there are still normal people... They used to trust us to keep them safe, but when they heard about you guys they grew scared at how many guardians there were.  A man by the name of Kim Jonghyun created a small militia, at first it was an agreement, they took care of the people physically, while we just watched over them.  Then one day Jonghyun and his wife Kibum were found dead in their home, murdered by their own supporters for being too kind to 'the freaks'"
 
Her breath hitched a little at that point, "they were so nice, and they weren't scared of us and key sometimes let us call him 'umma' if we needed to pretend that we had a mother... It was their son, who killed them".
 
Chanyeol's eyes widened, "their son?"
 
Mace nodded "taemin, he made an agreement with the general, Onew, to kill Jonghyun and Key and take over the militia... To turn it into an army.
 
We were close to Taemin, and he completely broke our trust, he sent these horrible pods after us, and you all to, to try and capture us.  Finally, we declared the sanctuary unsafe, evacuated you all to live with Mama's monks, via a hidden tunnel, and we declared war on the red army."
 
"That doesn't answer my question though" Chanyeol muttered quietly.
 
Mace looked over at him, "a year after the war had begun, they burned the monastery you all were supposed to be safe in... Twelve charred remains of children were found in the rubble." She started to tear up,
 
"You all were so young, and Sehunnie had just started walking, we didn't know that a monk had spirited you all away, we thought you all were dead, and that we had failed!" 
 
Chanyeol was quiet for a while, before suddenly reaching over and pulling on the legend's green pants, in an action that was achingly familiar from his childhood days.
 
Mace smiled gently and stood up, " do me a favor and don't tell Pearl and Serena  that I cried 'kay?" She put on an arrogant mask and strode out of the tent.
 
---------------------------------
 
... So yeah... I'm not dead... Writers block .... And yeah.... If you're still reading my story after putting up with my aweful updating then I applaud you.
 
Thank you lovelies!
 
~Phoenix
 
Ps. If any of you actually read these, pick a couple, 
Hunhan
Kray
Taokai? Is that the couple name, idk
 
Thank you!!