CHAPTER 18-VERONICAS

The Vampire Coven

I drove my car to the town to buy some groceries. I saw L waited right next to my car.

'Did you follow me?'

'No, I wanted to meet you at home but no one's at home.'

'What is it?' I asked.

'My friends told me to bring you to our places.' He said.

'Where? your house?' I guess.

'No, there's a field where we used to spend our time together. They wanted to fight with you.'

I was curious. 'Fight? Well I'm sure I'll lose to all of you.'

'No, it's just like sports. They're waiting for you now.'

'Okay, let me change my clothes first.'

I wear a blue jacket and my favorite sneakers. L take me to another beautiful places. It's a wide space field. All of his friends was standing in the middle of the field and look at us.

'So what game should we play with her?' Daniel said.

'There's no use. We're faster than her.' Darius said.

'I can't deny that' I said. They're laughing. I didn't notice that L and Nate was silent and their face look tense.

'What is it?' Ian asked them.

'Someone from the Veronicas is here. I can hear his thoughts. He's closer.' Nate said.

L suddenly pulled my hand. 'We're leaving.' L said.

'My dear brother, where are you going?' We turn around. There's a tall stranger standing not too close from us. We're quiet. His red eyes stared each one of us. He stop at me.

'A human?' he said.

'What the hell are you doing here, Jaejoong?' Nate said.

'I'm just checking your condition. But you guys look fine. Except her, she look scared.'

'You should leave.' Ian said. He looked at Ian and he started to growled. Ian bend his knee and hold his stomach. He looks really in pain.

'Stop!' L screamed. He looked at him.

'L, you still the same like before. You're arrogant. You leave the Veronicas and I heard that you didn't kill human anymore?'

'Of course, not just me. All of us.'

He smirked. 'Don't act like you're a saint. We're created to kill human. We're a monster.'

'Shut your mouth and leave this place.' Marcus walk forward.

'You guys are getting on my nerves.' He tilt his head. He stared at me.

'Is she someone special or a dessert?' He said. L suddenly let go my hand and running to him. They fight.

'L, stop!' Darius screamed and pulled L. Jaejoong smirked. He run into the woods. They're all chasing him.

'We should go!' L pulled my hand and we leave the place.

'He will come back and kill you. I shouldn't bring you here. He won't let us go because we broke the rules! We can't protect human!' He said while driving the car fast. I panic.

'What should we do now??'

He's panic. 'They must be chasing him until he's far from this town. I want you to stay at home and don't go out. He won't hurt you because we can't kill conspicuously. I'll stay with you. I have to keep my eye on you.'

I nodded. I think this is the worst part ever in my life. Vampires trying to kill me.