CHAPTER 20-FOREVER AND EVER

The Vampire Coven

'Aerith...' I hear his voice.

'Open your eyes, i'm here with you...' His echo sound makes me wake up. I opened my eyes slowly. I get the clear view. I'm at his house. I looked on my left.

'L.'

'I'm sorry...' his cold hand makes me startled.

'Why...' i speak in weak condition.

'I make you involved with them. Jaejoong shouldn't had found you...'

I swallowed my saliva and cough a bit. I felt uncomfortable with the wire at my nose.

I sighed. 'It's not your fault. You saved my life...again.'

'I think this is our last part to meet each other...'

I scoffed. 'What? No! you can't leave me...' my tears welled up. He stood up and I grab his hand.

'Please..stay' I hugged him, pleading for mercy.

'I love you..L' I said. He hugged me back.

'Don't leave me...'

He sighed. 'No, i won't'

'You believe me so easily, of course i won't leave you.' He kissed me carefully.

'Aerith...'

'Mmm?'

'Tonight is the prom. With your condition like this, how you must go?'

'You with me right? you take care of me.'

he smiled. 'Yeah, i guess i am'

I wear a white dress. I keep pulled down the dress. I don't like being y. And the dress is from Helen. Of course she's the y type.

'You looked beautiful.' Chester come from behind. I smiled. I hide the scar on my hand with a bracelet. I lied to him that the note that I left yesterday is a prank since today is his birthday. What a coincidence.

'Chester, happy birthday.' I give him an empty box. He shake it.

'Another prank?'

'Yeah, i bet you already know it.'

He scoffed. 'Oh, your pale friend is here downstairs.'

I walked downstairs. He looked perfect and gorgeous with his black tuxedo. His spiky hair is combed backward and he looked very neat. I grinned.

'You looked very beautiful..' He smiled.

'Thank you.'

Chester look at us with jealous. 'Okay, go, go, go'

He glance my black pumps. He knew i didn't like wearing high shoes.

'Don't hurt yourself.' He sneered.

I walk on the red carpet. The seniors are really working hard to make the prom happening. Music sound, cameras and everything. Someone take our picture.

'Look at the camera.' L said. I force a smile.

'Wow, so many people tonight.' I see each of every students that was busy dancing around. I see Helen sitting with his partner and they're laughing. She wave at me.

'You look great!' she screamed.

'I'm a terrible dancer.' i tell him.

'Come with me.' He pulled my hand. We leave the place.

'Hey where're we going?' he push me into his car.

'Just wait.' he drove his car.

'I can't believe you're making me doing this.' We're walking together in the dark woods to go to the meadow.

'Are we gonna..you know dancing on the grass? no carpet, no blasting music, no champagne, no...'

He cut my words 'no intereference.'

He carried me. 'Close your eyes...'

'Okay...'

My heart is beating fast. I put my head on his shoulder. I kissed his cheek. he's giggling.

'It's too early for that.' And then he stopped.

'Open your eyes...' He put me down. The meadow was decorated. There's orange lightting on the trees and I heard a music was played. It looks so bright.

'This is my favorite lullaby.'

'Yes, it is.'

I walk forward. He grab my waist from behind and hold my hand.

'Here we go the dancing part.' He said.

'I bet your friends is the one that doing all of this' I asked. I keep looking around.

'Look at me, you dance with me.'

He lift my body and he let me step on his shoes.

'I'm sorry I hurt your feet.'

'Hmm, i didn't feel anything.'

'L...'

'Mmm?'

'Did you regret knowing me? i mean you have to protect me and risk your life to fight.'

'Mmm...you know i'm always grateful to knowing you. You're such a beautiful creatures. Why did you want to fall in love with a soulless monster like me?'

I smiled. 'You change my life. You make me feel happier than before, and I started to forget a little bit about my parent. And i didn't have to cried every all night.'

He's quiet. Then he smiled. 'I love you, Aerith...so much'

I smiled. 'I love you...'

The lullaby makes me sink in a dream.

'So we're living happily and after?' I asked.

'For now...' L said.

'Maybe you can change me...'

'No, I won't do that.'

'Why?'

'Because it'll be the most unexpected things that i'll do. And it'll be the last thing I would do in my life.'

'Wht's the first thing?'

'Protect and love you...'

'I guess i can't force you to change me...'

'Aerith, you already change everything in my life.'

He kissed me carefully. He look into my eyes. His vivid blue eyes are shining.

'Forever I will love and cherish you...' he said to me.

'We may be safe for now, but we'll cherish each other forever. promise?'

'I promise...'

He kissed me again. And I never feel happy like now...It's so perfect.