CHAPTER 16-HIS OLD STORY

The Vampire Coven

I can't explain my own feelings. Amazed, stunned, nervous and so much more. I gasped when he leaped through the trees. There's a stream in front of us. He didn't stop instead he leaped much higher and landed on the rocks.

'Are we done?' I was scared. He laughed. 'No.'

He's running fast even he carried me on his back right now. I see a meadow in front of us. He leaped again and climb the trees. We're standing on the branch of the tree. I stared the wide deep blue ocean in front of us. The thick fog covered the atmosphere. The sky is overcast. I feel so cold.

'You like it?'

I nodded. 'I never see such a beautiful place like this. It's...' I'm speechless.

'I never bring people in here. I loved to be alone. This place give me a peaceful mind.' everything seems to be so quiet. He push my body until I lean on the trunk. He looked at me and closed his eyes slowly. I didn't close my eyes. He opened his mouth but he didn't kiss yet. His nose is on my cheek, I can smell his breathe. He kissed me carefully. His honey taste lips makes me kissed him back. He started to kiss with passion, I tried to catch my breathe but he didn't stop. I gasped and pushed him to let me catch my breath. He pushed me hard and kissed me again. This time I slipped.

'Argh!' I screamed. We fell on the meadow. I was on top of his body.

'I'm sorry.' I said. I stood up.

He looked at me. 'I shouldn't have done that. I lose control. I'm sorry.'

I wiped my mouth. My lips ached. I walk forward and stand at the edge of a cliff. I looked in front, the cold breeze makes me gasped.

He stand right next to me. 'Aerith, I want you to know that I feel happy when I can watch all of this with you.' He speak in low voice.

I looked at him. 'Same here. I don't know how many times I have to say beautiful.'

I keep a distance from the cliff. He hug me from behind and pushed me to the front slowly. He hold both of my hand and raised it.

'L I'm scared.'

'I'm here...' I watched the sky. It's overcast. There is no sunlight. Only the sound of the ocean wave hitting the surface of the cliff.

'How long have you been like this?' I asked.

'Awhile.' His deep and cold voice makes me startled.

'Are you still feeling scared now?' His voice a little loud.

'No.' I let go his hand and drop my hand. I turn around.

'Did you ever felt afraid at yourself?' I asked him back.

He exhale a long breath. 'Sometimes, I do felt that.'

He walk away from me and stand in the middle of the meadow. The meadow was full of white Cosmos flower.

I walk to him. 'You lived much longer than me...'

'Yes, and I notice that world keep changing. Even the human.'

'Did you ever felt regret about what had you done?' I asked.

'Yes, I wish I could turn back the time.'

'Then you won't meet me.'

He looked at me. 'I will, if I find you.'

'What is your real age?' I asked him. I was curious.

'108.'

'That's very...old for young looking like you.'

He sit on the meadow. 'I'm old. I'm your senior.'

He sounds funny. 'Don't remind me.'

'How did you became a vampire?'

He's silent for a moment. 'Nate's brother bite me. I was alone that time. I ran away from my house because I fight with my mother. I thought she is the one that makes my father leave me. I didn't know that my father sick and died. When I came back home with my neck full of blood, my mother waited for me even though she were sick too. She coughed and I can smell her blood. My throat felt burning. I'm thirsty for blood.'

'What happened?'

'I ran and prevent myself from killing my own mother. I jumped into the ocean. I want to drowned myself. The next day I saw my mother's body on the ground. People already prepared to buried her. I wanted to change her but I realize that she deserve to have a peace life. She already tortured living in this world. I walk alone looking for my victim. That's the first time I taste a human blood. I felt so satisfied.'

'What about now? You don't killed human anymore?'

He shook his head. 'No, we hunt an animal. But there's still some of us can't get away from human's blood.'

I looked at him. If one day I was in danger and I'm closer to death, will he change me?

He's lying on the meadow. I stared at him. I never feel bored looking at that flawless face.