CHAPTER 17-HAPPY

The Vampire Coven

I eat at the diner with Chester. I looked out the window. Staring the busy streets.

'Aerith?' He called my name.

'Huh?'

'You didn't eat your food.' I looked on my food. Same food everyday. Steak, salad and chicken.

'I don't have appetite.' I sighed. Chester exhale a long breath and put down his knife.

'What's wrong with you?' He looked tense.

'What's wrong with me?' I asked him back.

'Old Aerith is back. Your old habit that loved to stared someone until you didn't realize anything. This happen right after..'

I know what he would said. 'You said that we don't talk about mom and dad.'

'Yeah, but it's getting worse. You're having a daydreaming or you just hate this place?'

I narrowed my eyes. 'I don't understand your point.'

He glared. 'My point is you're different now. I thought after two years they left us, you'll change. I mean not like this.'

I scoffed. 'So we'll arguing about this in here?'

He looked around. 'Perhaps not.' He stood up and pay the bills. We're arguing again.

In the car, I didn't talk at all. I looked to the front. He turn on the radio.

'Two bikers that went missing two weeks ago still hasn't been found. Police are baffled by the unexplained...'

His name popped out into my mind. I change the radio station. Black metal song was played. I reminded his words.

'Mozart and Beethoven' I smiled at myself. We're arrived at home.

'Aerith' He called my name again.

'Yeah?'

'I'm sorry I just concern about you.'

I smiled 'I know. No hard feelings.' I walk inside and headed upstairs. I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth.

I finish my homework and do a revision. I take out my parent's picture in the drawer. I rubbed my moms face, then my dad. I still remember where we took this picture and the date. I remember everything. It's on Christmas. My tears welled up and drop on my moms face. I wiped it. I cried and sobbing. Looking at their picture makes me remind of the day when I cried at their graveyard.

'Aerith, let's go. It's raining heavily. You'll get sick.' Uncle Henry hold the umbrella for me. I looked at Chester, he didn't cried and he just stood up without talking neither move an inch.

'Aerith, let's go. Your mother will hate it when she found out that you sick.' Uncle Henry kept pulling me but I ignored him.

'Huh!' I gasped when I heard something at the window beside the bathroom. I walk slowly and peek at the window. I see him standing alone in the dark. I opened the window. Damn it's stuck!.

'I can't open the window!' I know he'll hear me even the window was closed. He smiled.

I tried again. 'Damn windows!' the windows opened. My head outside of the window.

'What're you doing here?'

He smiled. 'Just want to pay a visit'

'Wait, I'll find something so you can get in.' I turn around and he's right in front of me.

I jumped. 'Quit doing that!'

I sighed and walk to my bed.

'Why you haven't sleep yet?' He asked me. He look at my parent's picture.

'It's still early.' He looked at me. He sits beside me and wiped my tears.

'It's been a long time since I saw someone cry.'

'You never cry?'

He smiled. 'No, someone never make me cry. I didn't remember how is it to felt sad anymore.'

'You want to feel it? It's horrible.'

'Mmm, at least I can act human a little even i'm not human.'

'You used to be a human.'

'That's before. A long time ago.'

'Did anyone saw you when you come here?'

'No. even my friends.'

'Is your friends are the same age like you?'

'Literally, only Nate is real 17. The rest of us is like his brother'

'You must had lived in this town for a long time.'

'We travel a lot. We moved here around 2 years ago.'

And then it was a silent moment. He looked into my eyes. His vivid blue eyes makes me mesmerized.

'Your eyes is beautiful.'

He chuckled. 'You keep mention that word today for several times.'

'I loved to praise people. Even I'm not beautiful.'

'Who say that you're not beautiful...'

His face is closer to me. 'I think I want to try this again for the second time. This time for real quick.'

He didn't closed his eyes instead he move closer to me. His eyes glances at my mouth. He tilt his head. I looked at his flawless lips. He kissed me. I opened my eyes to looked at his face. He opened his eyes too. I kissed him back. I pulled his hair. He bit my lips. I feel hurt but I didn't stop him.

'Stop, stop, stop...' L pushed me back. He closed his eyes and he grab hard my shirts like he want to hold the pain.

'Everytime I'm with you, I can't control myself. It's frustrating.' He sighed.

I'm lying sleepless on the bed. He's right next to me.

'L...'

'Hmm?'

'Can you tell me what is your feeling when you can live forever?'

'Mmm, something I can't explain it before. But I think I can now. I feel it's necessary to protect you and people in the town.'

'Then you have something that you live for?'

'Mmm, I'll answer that one day.' He's humming my favorite lullaby.

'How did you know that song?' I asked.

'Watching you sleep is the sweetest thing I had ever done.'

'But I'm always having a bad dream. It's not creepy for you?

'No, since I don't sleep I find that's very interesting.'

I scoffed.

'There's one night when you cried in your sleep. You mention my name.'

'I don't remember at all.' I said sheepishly. The rain is drizzling. I felt so cold. His skin is ice cold.

I fell asleep in his arms. And I feel cozy sleeping with him. I feel so happy.