CHAPTER 12-REVEAL

The Vampire Coven

'How's your school?' Chester asked.

'good, how's your job?' i asked.

'as usual, you need to buy something for your school stuff?'

i shook my head.

'You just keep to yourselves now. you didn't talk to me.'

i didn't realize that i changed. 'No, i just stress. School's life never been easy. Teenagers.'

'It's not teenagers thing. It's you.'

i sighed. 'Are we gonna talk about this? cause i'm sure it'll be an awkward conversation.'

he grinned. 'No, go to sleep.' he walk into the kitchen.

I sits at my usual seat with Helen. i looked at L.

'seems like you have a connection with him. You keep staring at him.'

'Too obvious?'

she smiled. 'too much'

'i saw you talking to him yesterday. Both of you like arguing about something.'

I stuttered. 'No, it's just an empty and useless conversation.'

'Maybe he likes you that's why he talked to you.'

'He hated me. It's kind of bummer when i talked to him.'

L glances at me. His face looks guilty. did he heard me?

'It makes sense.'

'What?' i was bewildered.

'Like i said before, they're like to keep to themselves. i do think that L and all of them is a freak guy, but who cares? they're not bad. Never get into trouble.'

I scoffed. Helen keep praising them. The bell's ringing.

I was standing next to my car. I glances at him. He looked at me. Then, he walked toward me.

'You said that you know what i am.' he speak with his cold voice.

'What happen to 'don't bother me'?'

he's speechless.

'I wanted to know about it. Please...tell me everything about that night.' i was pleading at him.

'I'll pick you up tomorrow.' he walked away. His friends is already sitting in their Hummer.

It's raining again in the morning. I was getting ready to go to school. I pulled my hoodie. I turn the doorknob and opened the door. I see him waiting in front of my house right next to his car. I walked to him.

'Come with me.' he said. I followed him.

He drove the car without say a word. I looked out the window. He droves at fast speed.

'Put your seatbelt on.' he said. i looked at him. I was startled. I put the seatbelt.

'You concern about my safety.'

he didn't said anything. A few minutes later, we're arrived. he parked his car in front of a forest. He walked faster leaving me behind. I tried to catch up.

He walked until we're in the middle of the forest. He stopped.

'I didn't hate you i just keep my distance from you.' he said. i didn't understand. i walked to get closer to him. I pulled his hand.

'What're you...' his hands is so cold. I gasped. he turn around.

'I tried not to kill you.' he faced me.

'Why did you have to kill me?' i asked.

he take a long time to replied. 'i was created to kill a human.'

i gasped.

'Right now, i can hear your heartbeat, i can smell your blood. It makes me craving for your blood.'

'Now tell me what did you know about me...tell me what i am.' he insisted me to talk. i was trembling.

'vampire.' finally i said that word. his face looks tense.

'human thought our existence is just a myth but you do believe it, why?'

'i wanted to believe you, not the myth.' i speak.

'now give me a good reason why did i don't have to kill you?!' he growled and walked forward. i back off.

'you won't. if you want to hurt me you had already done it the night you saved my life.'

he looked calm. 'you can't get close to me.'

'but that's what i am doing right now.'i walked forward. he flinched and lean his back on the trees.

'why you can't be like everyone else's. Ignored us and go on with your mortal life.'

'i can't be like anyone. i was being myself. i can't keep my desire to know you more.'

'and i can't keep my desire to bite you. I won't feel satisfied until i get to bite you.'

i gasped and feel scared. 'you won't hurt me.'

'I won't hurt you if you stay away from me. You make me lose control.'

'You saved my life. I can't hate you or even stay away from you.' i speak in low voice.

'i was created to kill a human, don't you understand that? i was dangerous.'

i walked and faced him while he leaned his back on the trees.

'you're not a danger to me. After you tell me, i know that you tried to protect me.'

He my cheek. He stared at me. his vivid blue eyes is too pretty.

'Why did i can't read your minds...' he muttered.