Beating around the bush

You Can Date a Fan... Right?

Elena's POV

(highlighted is English)
(not highlighted in Korean)

I was about to insert the key inside the lock when the door opened!  I was so scared but then I realized that it was Claire!
"unni!" she said as she came and hugged me
"CLAIRE!!!" I yelled, " what are you doing here?? Where's Nicky?"
"I don't know" she said, shrugging her shoulders
"y-you.... Don't..... KNOW!!!!"
"calm down." said Xander, "we will find her."
I sighed. "get inside Claire. Come on in" I said to the members and they filed into the room.  "Dongho, go wash the blood off in the bathroom then come out here so I can put medicine on it." I told him.  He put on a sour face.
"Yah! It's oppa, not dongho."
I laughed... "but I'm older than you... So call me nuna"
"chincha! How old are you?"
"18..."
"oh...."
"go wash your arm..." I pointed to the restroom. "Claire can you get my medicine for large cuts?" I asked her as she looked through my luggage. The members were all standing there, awkward.  I smiled a little. "you can sit you know..."
Everyone sat.  Claire came back with the medicine and started putting it on my wound.  It hurt a little but not intolerable.
"ok..." I took a deep breath, "what happened after you ditched me?". I emphasized ditched.
"well..." she told me the story about how they went to the candy store then the festival and the present.  Kevin and Xander translating from English to Korean for the other member.  Dongho came out about when she finished the story.  He was rubbing his arm dry.
"YAH!"I yelled at him.  He got shocked and dropped the paper towel.  Claire went to pick it up from the ground.
"What?" asked dongho
"Don't rub your arm... At causes it to bleed more and burn to."
"I didn't know that..." he said frowning at his scratches.
"Claire, can you get the antibiotics, gauze, and the wrap thing."
"sure unni" she went to get the stuff
"How's your head?" Eli asked who was the first, except for dongho, to talk.
"it's fine.  Doesn't really hurt anymore." I told them
"and are you still dizzy?" Kiseop asked
"nope!" I said happy.  I was glad they cared so much. Claire came back with the stuff.
"ok dongho... Let me see your arm."
He placed his arm in my hand and I sprayed the antibiotics on it.
"Ahhhhhh!" he pulled his arm away.
"stay still!" I said grabbing his arm again.
" but it hurts..." he whined. He sounds just like Nicky...
"it's supposed to... " I said to him.  I finished spraying the antibiotics on him and started putting gauze on his arm.  Everyone was watch closely  as I  wrapped his arm with the white wrap thing.
"there!" I said, clipping the wrap in place, " all done."
" Kansamnida nuna!" he said bowing his head
"ahneeyo...." I blushed. Ok now to deal with Claire.
"Claire, we need to find Nicky...."
"I know..."
she answered
"shes really gonna get it this time." I said. "we better leave..." I turned to U-Kiss. " thanks for taking me to my hotel," I said bowing, " but we can take it from here.  I'm pretty sure your busy anyway."
"actually..." Kevin said, "we wanted to help you look for Eun-Hye..." he said smiling.  All  my insides were smiling and happy, but on the outside, i smiled just a bit. I couldn't let them know I was thrilled that they wanted to help.
"Ahneeyo... Your busy and this has nothing to do with you..." the truth was, I wanted them to help so I could spend more time with Soohy-- U-Kiss. But I really didn't want to bother them.
"but we want to help!" xander said
"yeah... If we want to help let us help."Kibum said standing up. Claire tapped my shoulder,
"Unni, what are they saying?" she asked me
"they want to help find Nicky." I told  friend.
"Really!" she said clapping her hands, " great! Let's go"
I sighed, I guess if Claire wants them to help... Then there is an excuse.
"I guess you can help..." I said to them.  They were cheering? Why were they so happy to help me-- us?
"ok!" I said getting up, "let's go to the festival!."



Soohyun's POV

She let us help... I was so happy! I got to spend more time with Mih-  them... Them. I just met her, I cant like her...
"Ok! Let's go to the festival!" she said standing up. " ummm... How long does it take to walk?" she asked us.
"Were not walking." I said to her.
She looked at me confused. "well...we need to save our money and taxi fair is expensive." she said to my surprise.
I was about to say something when Eli interrupted me.
"Who says were walking? Were taking our cars. and your coming with us." he smiled at her. His killer smile. She seemed to blush before responding.
"Are you sure?" she said. Again I was going to say something  and again Eli interrupted me.

"Of course I'm sure. I would -- we would like to spend more time with you guys so we will go in our cars so we can talk more." I would?? What's with the I would? 

"Ok then.." she said, "but where are your cars?"  she asked. 

I was about to answer when someone interrupted me again.  This time it was Kevin.

"We can call our manager and get him to send the company cars." he said taking out his phone

"But can't you only use the company car for work purposes?" She asked us.

"Well," I finally got to speak, "We can just say this is fan service.  I can see the headlines now!  U-kiss helps fan find friend" I said as I raised my hands.  She laughed, but just a little.  I guess she didn't like the joke?

"I guess its ok." she said.  And Kevin went to call our manager.  Then we heard a phone ring. 

Neoreul dasi bwado neon neon nae sarang
Subaekbeon bwado nan nan ne sarang
Haneuri maejeojun neon nae sarang
Niga jamsi gireul ilheun geot bbuniya
Dasi taeeonado neoman barae
Dasi saranghaedo neoman barae
Doraol geoya doraol geoya
Niga eobtneun naneun eobseunikka

 

"Mianhe," Miho said as she picked up her phone.  She looked at the collar ID and smiled.   "yeoboseyo?" she said sitting back down on the bed. "Annyeong! Oppa!" she said smiling.  Oppa? Does she have an older brother?  Probably not,  usually girls aren't' happy to hear from their brothers. 

"Chincha!? she said, her face lighting up.  "Sure!  But I have to find Nicky now.  She left Claire and I and we have no idea where she is now.." she said.

I looked at the other members,  they were just talking quietly.  Kevin had returned and told us that the manger was on his way.  I looked at Eli.  He was looking at Miho.  Then Chun-Hee... Claire said something to Miho in English.  Miho nodded and continued talking on the phone. 

"Its ok! We have friends to help us!" she said.  Friends... she called me-- us friends.

"Their U-Kiss!" she said yelling the last part.  "No really!!! I sorta saved them from fans and then I invited them to my hotel room cause one of them got hurt and stuff..."

I really was wondering who she was talking to. 

"No its fine, you can visit your family. I will visit you later ok!"  she was smiling, but then her smile disappeared.  "Your not my boyfriend..." she said quietly.  But I could still hear her.  I looked at Eli again, he was frowning as well. 

"I will visit you later ok!" she hung up.  "Mianhe..." she said bowing her head.

"Who was that?" Eli and I asked at the same time.  Then we looked at each other.

"ummm... that was my friend.  He lives in Arizona as well and he called to tell me that he is visiting family right now and wanted to know if I was busy." she said very quickly. "you know, so he could meet up with me."

A friend huh... i wanted to ask what the boyfriend comment was, but i was to afraid.  Eli apparently wasn't,

"Is he your boyfriend?" he asked.

She looked shocked at this.  "Ahneeyo..." she looked down

 

Elena's POV

 

I hung up with Sung-Kyu (friend you may see later in the story) and I looked at everyone.  "Mianhe" I said, bowing my head.

"Who was that?" Soohyun and Eli asked me at the same time. 

"ummm... that was my friend." I answered,  "He lives in Arizona as well and he called to tell me that he is visiting family right now and wanted to know if I was busy." I said this very quickly. "you know, so he could meet up with me."

"Is he your boyfriend?" Eli asked me.  I was shocked at this, but why would he care?

"Ahneeyo..." I looked down and fidgeted with my hands. 

Then a phone rang. "yeoboseyo?" it was Kevin's phone.  "Kansamnida hyung." he said.  "The cars are here."

"Lets go then!!!" Dongho jumped up and ran out the door.

"YAH! Dongho!"  Kiseop ran after him.

"We should follow them."  Kibum said walking after them. 

 

When we got to the parking lot, there were black vans. 

"How are we going to fit everyone?" Claire asked me

"We are going to split into the two cars..." I told her.  She seemed to understand.

"So how are we going to split up?" I asked everyone.

"Doesn't matter..." Dongho said climbing into the nearest van.

"How about Dongho, Eli, Kibum and I ride in this car.  And Soohyun, Kiseop, Kevin, Miho and Chun Hee ride in that car." Xander suggested.  I liked the idea.

"I want to sit with Miho though." Eli said, " I mean... I want to get to know her better you know..." 

He wanted to sit... with me... I think I blushed a little.

"Sure..." Xander said slowly."Then Kiseop switch with Eli..."

"Ok... then were done changing seats right?" I asked. When nobody said anything, I continued,  "Ok,  we are meeting at Myeongdong festival remember that." I thought for a second.  "Lets split up so we can find Eun-Hye faster.  Xander, can I see your phone please?" I asked and held out my hand.  He looked confused but gave it to me anyway.  I was smiling all round, I was about to give my number to a U-kiss member. Actually I wished that they would have asked me for it but this is ok too. I punched in my number and gave him his phone back.  "I put my number in there so if you see Eun- Hye, you could contact me. "

"Well Myeongdong is very big so we probably would be splitting into four groups..." Xander said to me.

"Oh! ok. Then who is going to be in your group?" I asked him.

"I will go with Kibum, so give your number to Kiseop or Dongho."  

"Kiseop can I see your phone please." I asked him and held out my hand.  He gave me his phone and I punched in my number.  "We better get going, we will figure out our groups in the car..." I thought in case I missed anything.  "Oh! Text me so I can text you her photo, Eun-Hye's I mean. " I told them.

"Araso, we'll do it in the car." Dongho, Kiseop, Xander, and Kibum pilled into one car while the rest of use went into the other one. 

I ended up in the back next to Claire.  Eli was sitting in front of me and Kevin was sitting next to him. Soohyun was sitting at the very front.  After a few minutes, we were buckled up and on our way to the festival.

"Ok so who goes in who's group?"  I asked.

"Well.... you decide."  Kevin told me.  I thought for a second.

"Chun-Hee could either go with you or Eli. Because both of you can speak English. How about she goes with both of you and I go with Soohyun?" I wasn't doing this on purpose just so I could be with Soohyun by himself... maybe just a little. But my intentions were all because of Claire.  She didn't speak Korean. So it was best if she was with Kevin and Eli. 

"Thats fine." Kevin said. 

"Claire, you will be going with Kevin and Eli. Okay?" I said turning to her.

"But I can't speak Korean..." she said looking sad.

"They speak English, don't worry.!"  I turned forward. 

Eli, didn't look very happy, but didn't say anything.  Soohyun on the other hand looked thrilled.  And so was I.  This would be like a date... wait, no he is a FRIEND!!! 

"Then could I have your number?" Eli asked me, snapping me back from my daydream.

"Wae?" I asked him.

"Just in case..."  he held his phone out.

I thought for a moment then grabbed his phone.  I put in my number and gave it to him.  He looked at it and smiled.

"So what do you want to know?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" Eli asked.  But before I could reply, I got a text:

To:Miho

Fr: ***************

This is Xander!!! Text me the photo. By the way, whos in your group?

 

I smiled at the text.  I saved his number and replied back.

To: Xander Oppa

Fr: Miho

Here is the picture. And I am in a group with Soohyun.  Chun Hee is with Kevin and Eli.

 

I sent the text and immediately I got another text.

To: Miho

Fr: **************

Kiseop here.  Picture please.

 

I saved his number and texted him the picture.

I turned my attention back to Eli, who was looking at me.  .

I felt myself blush. "Ah... mianhe. I got a text from Xander oppa..." I told him.

"Its ok." he said.

"Ummm... anyway.... what did you want to know?" I asked him again.

"what do you mean?" he said

"well...you wanted to sit with me to know more about me right?" I said smiling.

"Oh right!" he said, "give me a minute." And he started thinking. "Do you sing?" he asked me.

"Do I sing? A little" I said

"Sing for me..."

"Ahneeyo... I don't want to" I said waving my hands.

"If you don't want to sing now, then promise to sing for me later." he said holding out his pinky, "pinky promise me."

"Promise!" I said as I grabbed his pinky in mine.  As soon as they touched, an electrical charge went thorough my body.  I looked up and our eyes meet.  We held each others gaze for a few seconds when I finally broke off our game of stare.   I looked at Claire, who was talking to Kevin. 

Then my phone vibrated.

 

To:Miho

Fr: Xander Oppa

Your with Soohyun? Who decided the groups?

 

To:Xander Oppa

Fr: Miho

I decided the groups... but only because Chun Hee needed someone who speaks English.

 

I sent the text and looked out the window.  I glanced at Eli who had turned back and was now listening to music.  I sighed, this is going to be a long ride.  I got another text.

To:Miho

Fr: Xander Oppa

Right... So how long have you known U-kiss?

 

 

To:Xander Oppa

Fr:Miho

About half a year now.

 

 

 

To: Miho

Fr: Xander Oppa

Who is your favorite member?

 

 

 

To: Xander Oppa

Fr: Miho

Wae.... Soohyun oppa and... Eli oppa.

 

 

 

To:Miho

Fr: Xander Oppa

Eli?

 

 

To: Xander Oppa

Fr: Miho

Yea... wae???

 

 

 

To: Miho

Fr: Xander Oppa

Aish... I hate beating round the bush.... you and Soohyun make a great couple!!!

 

 

 

To: Xander Oppa

Fr: Miho

... really.... no... he doesn't like me though...

 

 

 

To: Miho

Fr: Xander Oppa

HA! you didn't deny that you don't like him.  And i'm sure that he likes you too.

 

 

To:Xander oppa

Fr: Miho

I know I didn't deny it... and can you find out please?

 

 

To: Xander

Fr: Miho

Sure! happy to help my dongsaeng.  Oh we arrived, im gonna look for you friend now.  Good luck!!! Fighting.

 

I smiled at the text.  I now have someone on my side.  Xander Oppa was going to help me. hehe... we also arrived at Myeongdong.

I put my phone away and stepped out of the car.