Claire and Nicky's side of the story

You Can Date a Fan... Right?

Claire's POV


All in English unless stated it is in Korean

 

Nicky and I turned a corner. Hopefully Ela unni won't get mad at us....  We got about three blocks away from the ice cream shop when Nicky's phone rang.  She looked at it, then silenced it.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" I asked.  My mother always said to never ignore a phone call because its rude.

"Nope! It was Elena nuna so I won't answer. " Nicky answered.

"Why not?" I asked confused.  Nicky looked at me and pulled me into a candy store. 

"Because," she said, "We just ditched her... and if I answered her call, she will yell at us." she explained

"Oh...ok!" I said.  Nicky nodded her head and went to buy some candy.  Then my phone rang.  I was about to pick it up when Nicky took it from me.  "I need to answer that." I told her

"Its from Ela nuna so don't pick it up." She told me silencing the call.  She handed the phone back to me and went back shopping for candy.  I followed her around for about half-an-hour and she finally got all the candy she wanted.

"I'm glad Ela nuna isn't here... she wouldn't let me buy all this candy."  she said as she carried at least ten pounds of candy to the cashier. 

"That is true, Unni doesn't let you buy this much ever... is it alright?" 

"Of course it is! She isn't here so we can do whatever we want." she told me smiling.  She put the candy on the counter and the cashier weighed it. It cam out to 13lbs 2oz.  The cashier said something in Korean and Nicky turned to me.

"Claire," she said, holding out a hand, "can I have your wallet please.?"   I took my wallet out and gave it to her.

"Why don't you use your own money?" I asked her as she took out 36000 won. (33 USD)

"Because if I can use other peoples money, I won't use mine."  She thanked the cashier,  got her candy and put my wallet in her pocket.

"Oh! Thats smart, but can I have my wallet back?"

"Oh... ummm you might forget it somewhere... so I will hang on to it ok!"  she took out a fruit gummy thing and handed it to me.

"oh really! thanks." I took the gummy and ate it.

 

 

Nicky's POV

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Claire was such a pushover... now that I have her wallet with enough money to buy anything in the world in there, I can buy whatever I want! (Claire is extremely rich)But I still have to face Ela nuna sometime.  Oh well! might as well have fun while it lasts.  I walked out of the candy store with Claire following me and looked around. I had to make sure nuna isn't here looking for us.  Knowing her, she is probably panicking and looking around for us. hehe... (actually she is doing the opposite...)   I wanted to go to a certain place for a certain festival.  So we walked for a long time and finally  found a taxi.  We got in a set our destination for Myeongdong.

(Myeongdong)

 

This was the best place ever! There was food everywhere and games, music and water stuff! We went strait to the food.  Or more like me and Claire just tagged along.    The first stall I went to had tteok ( rice cake). They were so good! And so cheap... Only 3000 for a couple.  After that, we went to a drink stall.  It was sorta hot so I got a Subak hwachae (fruit punch with watermelon) while Claire got Sansuyu cha (fruit tea).  We sat down and drank.  I checked my phone, Ela nuna hasn't called... She's probably freaking out and searching for me...
"Claire, did Ela nuna call you?" I asked
She checked her phone, " nope!" she said, " it's been 45 minutes since we ditched unni... Should we go back?"

I didn't want to,  I was having fun without nuna nagging me all the time.
"if you want to," I started, " you could go back by yourself."
"but unni told me to keep and eye on you."
" I'm not a kid Claire. I can take care of myself!" I said, blowing a bubble in my punch.
"sorry... But I need to listen to her."
I was disappointed, even though Elena nuna wasn't here, she still managed to ruin my fun.  We sat in silence as we finished out drinks and we continued walking.  I was deep in thought, how was I going to get rid of Claire?  I guess she really isn't in my way of fun... But she's really slow and I don't want to waste my, her money on her.  I have a few choices, I could go to the bathroom and sneak out, but Claire would follow me inside.  I could... Ask her to buy me something and sit at a table and wait for her. But that requires money.  I could... Someone poked me.
"Nicky..." Claire said
"what?"
" can we sit somewhere for a second? I'm tired"
"hmm... Sure". We sat down on a bench nearby.  I had to think of a way to escape, no not escape... lose Claire.  Then it hit me!!!  I knew what to do and it Claire proof.
"hey Claire,". I said turning to her.
"yes?" she said showing interest
"I have a surprise for you,  close your eyes and hold out your hand. "
"you have a present for me!" she clapped her hands, " Nicky you never get presents for anyone!!!"
"YAH! I gave one to Ela nuna once... Anyway, close your eyes"
She closed them and held out her hands.  I started smiling and laughing... This was to easy.
"ok Claire, don't open your eyes until I say so. Ok!".
"ok Nicky."
I smiled at her one last time and got up quietly and once I was off the bench, I broke off into a run.  I looked back and Claire was still sitting there with her hands out.  Sorry Claire, but... Hahaha!! Whatever I have money to spend!  I ran off towards more shops.




Claire's POV

I can't believe Nicky got a present for me... She never gets presents for anyone.  I closed mg eyes and held out my hands.  I felt a slight breeze and then fast footsteps.  I didn't open my eyes.
"Nicky, are you ready yet?" I asked
There was no response.  Maybe she went to get the present...  I waited for a few minutes.  Then I opened my eyes.  Nicky wasn't there anymore!!!
"Nicky! Nicky! " I called out. There was no answer. She probably hot lost while getting my present.  I got up and went to look for her.  She was no where to be seen.

I should go back to the hotel, maybe Nicky went there.  I went and found a taxi.
"here please" I said as I handed the driver a piece of paper Ela unni made for me in case I got lost.  The driver said ok and drove.  Ten minutes later, we were in front of the hotel.  I got my emergency cash that unni packed for me and payed the driver for his services.  I looked down the street and saw this girl that looked a lot like unni being carried by a guy.  But she wasn't the type of person to be carried.  I walked into the hotel and went to our room.