I'm coming home

Confessions of a Model [HIATUS]
XSYKOTICA


 


Wealth is a dangerous thing in the world of fame. It brought a lot of success in Chaerin's family, yet it brought a lot of risks. Ther privacy exploited, and it was hard for them to trust anyone, not knowing if they were taking advantage of their wealth.

Rae Min was looking at her phone checking from any text messages from her daughter but oddly enough, there were no complaints sent to her. When Seunghyun first started being her bodyguard she would send paragraphs explaining reasons why he shouldn't be her bodyguard. Sometimes she had a moment of doubt for him when he came back to her home wasted, but it was only Chaerin coming up with schemes to get him fired. She never understood why Chaerin would go that far and embarass her family name. This family and the family business keeps a fairly good reputation and Rae Min plans on keeping it this way.

"Finally done with the calculations," she said putting away her papers in the filing cabinet. The budget for next year has been finally planned out. It was hectic being mostly in charge of the agency for the week since her husband was flying to Hong Kong for a meetting on future collaborations. He said he would be back in a couple of days, but he still hasn't contacted her and she has been under a lot of stress lately. The good thing was that she was able to finish all of the paperwork that was due Sunday, and could finally go home to relaxed. She was anxious to see her only daughter and constantly thought of her well being knowing how hard the modeling thing was going for her. 

"Modeling these days, making these days forcing woman to be thin as a stick," she scoffed walking out of her office. "Chaerin would never conform to the ideals of society, just like the bulimics and anorexics suffering in today's world. Chaerin is better than that. I know she has dignity in her self-worth, but I can only hope," she thought walking out the building. The thoughts only worried her more, making her more motivated to go back to the house. Guilt was the sole thing on her mind for the many times she missed out her school performances in grade school, and the modeling paegents she wasn't able to see because it was Rae Min's dream to go back to school to finish her Master's in business management. At times it sounded like a selfish idea, yet she had a clear image on why she did all of those things to reach to where she is now.

"I did it for you."

Her car was parked right next to the car Seunghyun uses to drive Chaerin. She was surprised how they were home so early. Usually her daughter prefers to go clubbing with her friends. She opened the door, "Hello, is anymore home?"

"Omma?" She heard Chaerin shout from across the halls. Her mind filled with excitement. She ran to the front entrance and embraced her tightly never wanting to let go. Rae Min stumbled back losing her balanced. 

"Why aren't you out with your friends?" Chaerin rolled her eyes in amusement. She found it funny how parents get the idea that all yound adults wanted to do was party everyday, although she has been invited to a lot of parties lately, she wasn't sure how she was going to keep track. Seunghyun, who was in his room holding on to his ice pack heard the chatters coming from the front entrance and stood up to check who was there. He was surprised seeing Rae Min coming home this early. The last notice she gave him is that she's going to stay in her private dormitory to work on the paperwork until wednesday, but he was glad to see her.

"I guess you're home early," he said.

"What's up with the ice?" she asked pointing to the big icepack that he was holding on his head. The headache still hasn't gone away for him, and he didn't want to drag Chaerin alone to the doctor for a mild concussion. The injury was the least of his worries. He stood awkwardly staring at the ground not sure what to say. He couldn't put the blame on Chaerin since it was only an accident, and blaming the door only sounded like what childish Chaerin would do.

"It's a long story, don't worry about it," Chaerin interjected. Rae Min and Chaerin went outside to talk privately. Just as they were about to leave Chaerin turned around and mouthed to him "you're welcome," with a wink. He couldn't describe what kind of relationship they had. Client to Bodyguard, or friend to friend, but he was glad to see a smile come once in a while. 

When the ladies went inside the car, there was an awkward silence among them. The night was eerie and it started to get colder than usual.

"So, I see you've been getting along with Top," Rae Min said, starting the conversation. The engine roared with life, yet she felt that brakes weren't working as well as it should everytime they stopped at a stoplight.

"He's tolerable," she stated.

"Well at least you don't send me any complaints about him, it's about time you grow up and deal with it." Chaerin frowned, hating when her mother starts ranting about her lack of maturity, yet when she hears her parents arguing it feels like she has to be the parent to stop the fighitng. 

"So where are we going?" Chaeirn asked.

"Nowhere, just driving around the city." Rae Min sighed and took a u turn to return back home. She was getting exhausted and she knew she didn't drive well especially when she is at her limit. her head was pounding harder and she was starting to see purple-ish colors in her vision. Reality and imagination was two different things yet it was sorting mixing in together at the moment. 

"Omma?" Rae Min didn't respond. She blinked a couple of times finally regaining her focus, and grippped onto the wheel.

"I'm fine. Let's just go home,"

 Hello readers sorry for any grammatical mistakes just finished this update late night and my head really hurts ._. 

Don't know how long I'm going to keep up with the constant updates, I think I need a tiny break :3

█ ▌[CONTENTID3]Surround text in your story with these tags to display it here[/CONTENTID3]