A hidden spark

Confessions of a Model [HIATUS]
XSYKOTICA


 


Seunghyun saw in his perepheral vison another taxi cab that had recently left. Instinctually, he called out for a taxi and directed the driver to follow the cab ahead. He wasn't sure that it was her, but he knew that she wouldn't go far since she was just anew to this unfamilar place. He kept reassuring with similar thoughts, yet Chaerin presented impulsive behavior once again, and he wasn't sure where this was going. Emotions were scattered all over the place, though the one he felt the most was hurt. He thought that in the short time being with her she wasn't going to give him a hard time anymore. Then again this might not be about him in the first place. The only thing left for him is to be hopeful.

He looked down to his phone and saw a missing call from Raemin. The realization that telling her the truth would jeapordize his entire job. His intregrity was on the line. Seunghyun called her back. One ring. Two rings. Three rings. Four rings. Thankfully her voicemail was the only thing he could hear.

"Hello Mrs. Lee. I just wanted to let you know that Chaerin really wanted to go sightseeing for a little while. I didn't want to leave her alone so I am accompanying her now. Don't worry about us. We'll be back at the hotel in a few hours." He hung up the phone and slumped back into his seat. This wasn't the first time in which he has been careless with Chaerin. Maybe he wasn't doing a good enough job. Maybe he wasn't good enough for her. Even though he saved her one time, it doesn't outweigh the other times in which he had neglected her and possibly endangered her. The taxi driver interrupted his thoughts.

"Sir, where exactly do you want to go?"

"Just follow the yellow cab."

"Ma'am, where would you like to go?" Chaerin glanced at the window view. The sun was just meeting up with the horizon. The skyscrapers tall but humble compared to the mesmorizing sunset. The city was exactly how Chaerin would imagine it to be. She also thought back to Seunghyun how worried he would be of her, but she shook that thought away.

"I'm not sure. Any reccomendations?"

"Depends what you like. I would say the best place to start is in the heart of the city," he responded. 

"Alright." Chaerin looked down at her phone and saw a couple of missed calls from her mother and Seunghyun. 

"They're probably not that worried," she thought. The taxi went towards Midtown where he reccomendeded some shopping centers to go to.

"Thank you sir." she said slamming the door shut. New York was certainly the place to be in this wonderful time of year. MIdway through autumn the color of the trees are warm and comforting while the people are wild and scattered. The natives here have places to go and places to be while the tourists are hypnotic to the city tunes of birds chirping and car honks. Chaerin remembered that the man said that he would drop her off in a place called Central Park. 

She laid on the grass with her hands on her stomach making rhtymic taps while dazing off to the hypnotic scenery of the night sky. It was nice to have a moment where she didn't have to think of anything or do anything. 

"Chaerin!" She got up and saw Seunghyun from a distance. He ran towards her and hugged her tight. The hug threw Chaerin off balanced and tumbled to the ground, yet Seunghyun couldn't let go. He couldn't let go because the moments in which he did let her go only made him go insane in one way or another. Shock was all Chaerin could feel. There was a sense of comfort in this hug, like she was relieved to see him. 

"Honestly T.O.P., I'm confused. I was kind of expecting you to be mad at me," she said. Her eyes saddened when they broke free of the hug," she said.

"I'm just glad you're okay," he responded. There was a hint of a smile on his face but then quickly turned in seriousness.

"Why did you run off again Chaerin?" he asked with a more serious expression. A part of him was relieved but in the back of his mind he was slightly ticked that she would cause him trouble again."

"I guess I needed some time alone...I don't know," she shrugged. There was an awkward silence in between, but Seunghyun just scooched over next Chaerin and wrapped his arms around her. This type of huge was the puzzle piece that fit just right. The type of hug that was just so familiar to her, almost like she knew him forever. The soft scene this colognue swayed to her senses again. 

"You know my job is to protect you right?" he asked. Chaerin just nodded and layed her head on his chest.

"I'm sorry. For antagonziing you so much in the beginning. I just wanted to feel free."

"And do you now?" he asked. 

"Maybe." Chaerin still had the catwalk the next day as well as a fan meet this weekend. It wasn't the exact type of freedom she was expecting for, but at least she was free from Ljoe. There was another moment of silence, but it was the good kind of silence. The one where no words can speak as loudly as chatter. The wind breeze spoke for them as the autumn leaves gently braced themselves for landing. 

Fortunately, there were no major repercussions for staying out so late. Rae Min did scold CL for acting like any ordinary CL would. Seunghyun was just glad he could see a bed and a pillow where he could lie down to. The jet lag was getting on to him, and it was time to go catch some sleep. Sleep was somewhat of an odd friend to him. He could recount day where sleep wasn't around to comfort him when he mourned for his sister. Other times sleep would only drag him down. His stages of depression progressed over several months to the point that his cooworkers started to noticed this negative change.

Halfway through the night he felt a nudge on his shoulder. The nightmare came back for Chaerin again.

She would see a little girl running.

The walls start to cave in with the path neverending.

The walls become slimmer, and she runs faster.

The lights become dimmer, while she runs faster.

For some unknown reason the nightmare was always the same going in a loop.

She tried again tapping him more. 

"Hmm...yes my love?" Seunghyun muttered.  There was something that lit up in Chaerin. A spark that never came upon to her, yet she knew that he was only talking in his sleep. She ruffled his hair softly and walked out of the room saying,"Silly T.O.P.".

Hi Everyoneᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ  Just a nice sweet update cause im so slow >< ~

█ ▌[CONTENTID3]Surround text in your story with these tags to display it here[/CONTENTID3]