Chapter 23

Confessions of a Model [HIATUS]
XSYKOTICA


 


The whole bowling idea came out to be disastrous according to what Seunghyun was scoring for the last hour. "Another gutter ball." He sulked back to his see glancing back the leader board seeing how he hasn't gotten a single strike, while Chaerin recently made her fourth strike in a row. 

 

"Is there something wrong?" Seunghyun looked up seeing Chaerin's amused face putting leaning against the machine bringing up her neon yellow bowling ball. She was wearing a black varsity jacket, a white tee with ripped jeans and her lucky bowling shoes. Even with something as casual as that, she still looked stunning. Seunghyun brought along a black long sleeved turtle neck, and slacks, wearing the bowling shoes he had to rent at the front counter.

 

"Nothing," he mumbled. This game was getting boring and it was obvious who was going to win this round. 

 

"Well if you're actually interesting in learning how to better your performance I can give you a couple of tips."

 

"How 'bout no thanks." Seunghyun took the first ball he saw and picked it up walking towards the alley number 14. He swung the ball back then snapped it forward going straight to the gutter again. Chaerin burst into laughter not even trying to contain it. 

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yea I'm sure. Now excuse me I have another turn so don't interrupt me," he replied, picking up his ball. He knew that this time he shouldn't mess up unless he wants Chaerin to again for being a terrible bowler. 

 

"This is my first time bowling, you should at least cut me some slack," he said pulling the ball back with his right arm then snapping it forward again, this time knocking out four pins. Chaerin started clapping loudly cheering on for fun, but it didn't make it feel any better.

 

"C'mon you have to be happy now, you just did your personal best!" she shouted clapping her. He was sick and tired of playing.

 

"Shut up."

 

"I could always teach you," she suggested handing Seunghyun her neon ball, "This ball is very lucky. Whenever I bowl I use this bowling ball. It's a perfect fit. You should check out another size if the ball you're holding is too heavy or too light.

 

She does have a point, Seunghyun thought, but didn't want to say that aloud. It was Chaerin's turn to bowl. She shook both of her hands as a warm up before she picked up the ball. It annoyed him how Chaerin was incredibly slow - she took her time aiming where to start and took a few deep breaths before taking the shots. The ball curved to right then made its way to the middle and knocked nine of the pins down. 

 

"I guess your bowling ball isn't lucky enough," he mocked. She puckered her lips ignoring the comment. Playing bowling wasn't just a habit, it was a passion that was part of her every day, but now that she was more focused on her modeling career, she felt her bowling skills are getting rusty, and it's been difficult lately to get enough time to practice.

 

"I didn't say it I would get a perfect score. I just said it was really lucky," she added, getting the neon yellow ball back again. He was taken aback from her serious tone, and just kept his mouth shut as she took down the last pin in her next turn.

 

"Well it's the last round Seunghyun." He furrowed his brows trying to come up with a game plan to at least make a spare. He knew that the only way he was going to knock down more than four pins was to forget about his pride and ask her for any tips.

 

"Any advice?" It didn't hurt to ask for a little help.

 

"Well I like the sound of that." Chaerin clapped her hands smiling mischievously at Seunghyun. She picked up her signature neon ball to start with her lesson.

 

"First you must make sure you have the right ball to play with, like I said beforehand," she repeated. He checked the ball making sure it was the right size and nodded his head in approval. Chaerin walked around him examining him seeing how fit he is. When she finished walking around in circles she proceeded with the mini-lesson.

 

"Well I don't see strength as a problem," she said.

 

"Of course not, I exercise every day." He cocked his toward towards his firm biceps and starting flexing, "Your mom didn't hire me for nothing." Chaerin rolled her eyes disapproving of his cockiness. She wasn't sure how to be able to improve his ability because he would need a lot of time to practice and he definitely doesn't have time to do that, since he has his own job taking care of her.

 

"Well if you want to really improve your performance Top you should practice. A lot," she said.

 

"Isn't that the obvious?" Teaching was harder than she thought it would be. She could partially empathize with her former coach always annoyed when she never listened to him during her practices, but she remembered one thing that her coach mentioned to her at her first practice.

 

Remember; move in the direction of the miss. That is, if you’re missing the pocket to the left, move left. If you’re missing to the right, move right.

 

"Top?" Seunghyun turned his head around. There was an awkward silence with their eyes locked waiting for the other one to speak.

 

"Maybe you should move in the direction of where you miss. Try that." He nodded and did what she instructed moving to steps to the left facing the lane, and with the ball with both hands.

 

"Oh! And make sure you have your fingers in the right hole." She winked giving him a thumbs up in approval. He wasn't sure what Chaerin really meant - he looked at the three holes and attempted to put them in the right order. At this point he didn't care, and just wanted to get this over with. He took two steps back pulled the ball ready in position - then snapped the ball forward making a curve just like Chaerin. He managed to knock down all the pins in one shot. He instantly started jumping up and down making weird noises of excitement.

 

"Chaerin did you see that! I did it!" he shouted running up to Chaerin picking her up spinning her around, carrying her around the bowling arena while others started to stare at them.

 

"Hey put me down!" Seunghyun stopped then slowly put Chaerin down slightly blushing. 

 

"I guess I was caught in the moment." He shrugged it off like it was nothing getting his strike, but he felt relieved that he saved the little dignity he had left. Chaerin didn't comment on what he just did, and preferred to forget about it. Not that she felt like Seunghyun was going to drop her at that moment- in fact it was the complete opposite. She felt safe and secure being held by him, and it scared her more that she was beginning to like it in such a way.

 

Since the time limit was up bowling time was over, which was splendid news for Seunghyun so he can stop trying so hard to play a sport that he can't play decent.

 

For lunch they decided to stay at a nearby restaurant selling hotpot. Being the gentlemen that he is he opened the door for Chaerin as they entered the restaurant together.

Hello I'm here with a new chapter I'm so tired of school and stuff I'm kinda glad I was able to update although most of this was dialogue >< 

Probably gonna spend most of my vacation doing nothing but reading fics

Bye~ 

tumblr_mrjeid1Fuq1r0xu2yo2_250.gif

█ ▌[CONTENTID3]Surround text in your story with these tags to display it here[/CONTENTID3]