Mother-in-law

We Got Married ♥♥♥

 

Your pov:

A tense silence filled the atmosphere. I didn’t even bother hearing what Daehyun is rattering about some random stuff.

“Yeobo, are you nervous” he nudged me while facing the front.

Unsure, I frowned and gave him a weak smile “I’m alright”.

After a long drove, we finally reached the destination. It was a BBQ restaurant. We walked to the 2nd floor and immediately Daehyun walked towards an ajumma. *It must be his mother* the thought of finally meeting his mother made me clench my fist hard that it left crescent marks on my palm.

“Annyeong Haeseyo, ahjumma, Jung Hyunae imnida” I bowed politely.

“Darling, call me eomeonim” mother laughed appreciatively.

“Deh eomeonim” I obeyed.

"You are prettier in real life," she exclaimed cheerily, squealing in delight. Making me blushed.

[MC]

Seems like his mother like her daughter-in-law very much.

Hyunae looks nervous

Daehyun’s mother looks fancy in red coat

Fashionista

She seems like an outgoing person to talk with. Suddenly, she placed a heavy box wrapped with cloth around it and shoved it into my hands.

"These are Kimchi, I made from Busan. I only knew that I’m coming to Seoul yesterday so didn’t have much time to prepare other specialties" she crooned.

“Kamsahamnida” I said looking at her, deeply touched by her actions.

In the halfway through eating, eomeonim decided to talk about Daehyun’s past.

“In the past, Daehyun dated a foreign girlfriend. I was shocked that he even had one, when he is not that good-looking back then” eomoenim teased.

“First love huh?” I eyed on him. An image of him confessing to his first love flashed passed. *Hmmm first love is always the most difficult to forget*

 

Daehyun’s pov:

I almost chocked with my water when omma decide to talk about the ‘puppy love’stuff. *Omma please don’t start this topic* I gave her the pleading look.

“First love huh. Well he is popular now” Hyunae said coldly. I gulped quietly as I could feel daggers sending towards me.

“It was only for a short period, 20 days” I shifted in my seat uncomfortably.


(Interview)

Hyunae: “I really want to know how that girl looks like. First love is always hard to forget, even if he says that he completely forgotten the process”

Daehyun: “Chincha, that was a short romance, I even forgotten how we get together…Yeobo didn’t believe it right?”


Soon, dinner was over and we are bidding goodbye at the entrance of the restaurant. I wanted to spend more time with omma but we still have to film for the next location, besides omma have a flight to board.

“It’s good to have this dinner”, omma’s hands yeobo’s arms up and down, “Daehyun sometimes acts like a child and could be a nuisance at times, please bear with him. Do come and visit Busan one day, I’ll cook you good food” her eyes are welling up. *Omma must have missed me a lot*

“Deh, I will take care of him eomeonim. We will visit you next time” Hyunae said.

Upon hearing the last words, omma broke into a heartwarming smile and opened her arms wide ushering Hyunae into a hug. With a smile on her face, she shuffled into omma’s awaiting arms and stiffened as omma gave her a bone-crushing embrace.



Narrator's pov:

Throughout the whole journey back to our apartment, Daehyun was smiling and giggling at moments.

"Have you gone mad?" Hyunae snapped, annoyed by the weird actions.

"Thank you" Daehyun finally stopped smiling but put on a serious expression. 

"For what ?" Hyunae was bewildered by his sudden change of tone.

"For making my mum comfortable and seems like she liked you very much" he said.

"I should be the one thanking, she made kimchi for us" Hyunae answered.