Chapter Twenty Two

Socialite

“Morning love.” Andrew woke me with his kiss in my cheek. “It almost noon, wake up lil’ missy.” I’ve been staying at Andrew’s house a whole week after we finished our Hong Kong Concert.  My manager oppa gave me 10 days to rest before starting my next schedule.

“So, since your birthday is approaching soon, what do you want to do, babe? Party? Or something?”And’s birthday is February 15th, a day after Valentine. “It’s a big day this year you know, now that you reach 30 soon, Ahjussi.” I gave him mehrong.

“Come on, I’m just 28 International age now! I’m not that old, okay? Don’t call me Ahjussi, please.”

“Just kidding! So, any plan?”

“Do you  wanna go snowboarding? Gangchon ?”

“Snowboarding? Call!” I like snowboarding so much that I don’t mind spending my whole winter vacation there. Since my teenage years, every time I went back to Korea for holiday, my ONEDAY oppas would take me to play and skiing. “When will we depart? Not Feb,12th right? Since I have a schedule that day.”

“Then how about this, I’ll pick you right after you finish your schedule, and we go directly to Gangchon. Let say we’re gonna have a full 3 days alone before I’ll have my party at Saturday night. What do you think?”

“Okay! Now, what do you want for this birthday? Any special request for me?”

“Hmmm… Give me a surprise then.”

“No hint? Please…”

“Just… something.”

“You’re such a teaser. I’m gonna ask Jay oppa then. So who prepares your party? Harry oppa?”

“I’m not sure though, Jay just told me to meet them  at The A. Btw, do you know if something happen with Hyoyeon and him? He looked so unstable recently, like there’s something wrong with their relationship.”

“Is that so? I don’t know since I haven’t met unnie for a while. I think I’ll visit her sometime tomorrow.  Now I’m going to take a bath, shoo…” I quickly prepared and left his apartment since I have to rehearse later. As I went to my company, I called Hyo unnie but no one answered. It’s weird though, because unnie always answers her phone even when she’s busy. Same with Jay oppa’s phone. I’m not sure what should I buy for And, so I asked Seok Cheon (Hong Seok-cheon, Korean entertainer, openly gay) oppa since he has a very good ‘sense’ about male, and he knew Andrew longer than me. I went to his apartment after I finished my rehearsal that day. Kwonnie oppa would accompany me to go since his boyfriend lived nearby. Seok Cheon oppa said since my boyfriend likes to drink beer so much, I should make one myself. Since he lived in Itaewon, there’re a lot of small café and bars. He took me to a small bar which its owner teaches its customers how to make homemade craft beer called ‘Mag Pie Brewing Co’. The owner, Tiffany (Tiffany Needham), is a nice and friendly teacher that made us comfortable while learning how to make craft beer. Since it takes exactly 1 week to make craft beer, I started to learn right away.

“So Tiff, any suggestion of what should I make?”

“Well, what’s your boyfriend likes best? Strong one ,or regular?”

“I think something stronger than regular beer will do.”

“Then how about ‘Amber Ale’?” She let me try some. “It’s stronger and has a bit of malts flavor or caramel.”

“It’s definitely stronger. I like this one. What do you think oppa?” I asked Kwonnie oppa.

“It’s fine, I guess. But I really want to make some too. I think I’ll try ‘Pale Ale’ then.” As we made our beer, Sihyun oppa arrived and startled Kwonnie oppa. “Yah! You shocked me. Why don’t you come earlier?”

“Mian, have something to do. So what are you making?” He peered at our doings.

“Craft beer, oppa.” I said. “Me wanna make a gift for And.”

“Ah, right. It’s hyung’s birthday next week, right?”

“Yeah, how did you know?”  

“Well Harry hyung told me and gang to come to his party. I think Pyo also going to perform that day with Hyun Gyu. Some Nicky Minaj moves or something. I thought you’re the organizer.”

“Not me for sure. He just told me today that he’ll gonna have the party. Even him doesn’t know the details. We’re going to go snowboarding before that.”

“Then, have you prepared something ‘special’ for him Min?” Seok Cheon oppa nudged my shoulder and winked.

“What do you mean, oppa?” I gave him confused look.

“Don’t act dummy. I know you understand what I mean.”

“I really don’t get it.”

“He means y lingerie, my baby sister.” Kwonnie oppa said.

“Oppa! What do you say?”

“Come on, don’t tell me you’re not expecting him asking you for something ‘special’. Should I help you buy some then?”

“Oppa…..”

“What? Don’t be ashamed, baby. We’re all adult here.”

“I know, but still….”

“Fine… I’m not going to mock you anymore. You should continue your job or we’re not going to finish soon. It’s quite late already.”

“Okay. Sihyun oppa, help me please.”

“Fine.” I finished with his help and left. Tiffany asked me to come next week with my own bottle. I’m not sure where can I get it, but Sihyun oppa said not to worry since his friend worked as a living stylist, and she could help us design our own bottle. He promised to take me there tomorrow.

“Kwonnie oppa, I don’t need to send you home, right?”

“Yeah. I stay at Sihyun’s house today.”

“Fine, then I’m leaving now. Fei unnie must be waiting for me.”

“Okay. Be careful baby. Call me when you already reach her house.”

“Annyeong oppa-deul. Thanks for today.” I bid them goodbye. As expected, Fei unnie was already waiting for me. Our members decided to stay at her apartment today since we’re going to have a pajama party, and to discuss maknae’s problems with Soo Hyun oppa. Jia unnie kept texting someone while we’re chatting and it did me wonder.

“Unnie, who’re you texting?” I asked out of curiosity.

“It’s just Zhou Mi. He’s being down lately.”

“Zhou Mi? But aren’t you broke up already?”

“We’re just good friend now.”

“Okay… so, any idea of how we can help maknae?”

“I have no idea to be honest. I think she has to avoid him if it’s possible.”

“Well, I’ll try then.” Suzy could only fetch a deep sigh. It was really hard for her since Soo Hyun oppa was her very best male friend.

It’s really late already, and we have to wake really early. Let’s sleep then.” Fei unnie gave us command.

“Just a sec unnie.” I grabbed her outside. “Unnie, I have a question, but please don’t tell anyone.”

“Spill it.”

“Unnie, since it’s And’s birthday soon, can I borrow some of your lingerie?”

“Ah, I get it. You wanna give him ‘something’, huh?” She grinned.

“Unnie…. Enough with teasing. Kwonnie oppa teased me already. So, can I?”

“Okay fine, but don’t spoil it, will you? Some were Minjun’s gift. Why don’t you listen to me when I told you to buy some?”

“I don’t think it’s that important before oppa told me. I thought only married couple need it.”

“Next time I’ll take you to buy some. I’ll give it to you tomorrow, okay? Now let’s sleep.”

“Thank you so much unnie.” I gave her kiss in her cheek. My unnie is the best!

“Ah, by the way Minyoung-ah, I don’t know about him, but better prepare some protections. Better prepared than sorry.”

“I know unnie. We’re doing it save.”

“Good girl!”

“Unnie, never knew you’re this open.”

“Ah… I’m old enough baby girl. Now, sleep!”

“Okay!” We went back to our room.  Seems like I’m getting know my unnie better.

 

 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

For this chapter, I get my reference from Style Log ep 7 ^^