Chapter Fourteen

Socialite

Last night manager oppa called me asking me to come to AQ's building for meeting with company representatives. I wonder if I've done something wrong. Curious, I decided to give Jia unnie a call.

"Yoboseyo", with sleepy voice she answered my call.

"Unnie..."

"Yah Minyoung-ah, do you know what time is it?" It's 4.15AM now.

"Sorry unnie. I need to ask you something."

"Can't wait until tomorrow?"

"I don't think so..."

"Aigo.... arasso... what is it?"

"Ehmmm... Did manager oppa asked you to go to the meeting today?"

"Meeting? For what?"

"I don't know. He asked me to come. Did i do something?"

"Ah.. It must be because your last recording, Min."

"Last recording? You mean 'ALL THE KPOP'?"

"Yup... I think so."

"Waeyo?"

"Well... They seem to bother about your twerking. It's too racy for them."

"I should have known... Sorry for bothering you this late unnie... Mianhae.."

"Yah... You owe me a treat for disturbing my sleep!"

"Arasso... I'll buy a meal next time. Good night unnie. Sleep tight."

"Neh... Good night, or should i say good morning."

"Kkkk... I'm hanging up. Bye." I already expected this. My CEO already told me before to try to control my action on broadcast. Last time it was because i spoke using black American accent. I got lots of scolding from the netizens saying i was being inappropriate and disrespectful. But what can i do? I was asked to do that, not that I want it. Now that i know what probably my representatives gonna say to me, I feel uneasy and worry. What if they gonna give me some punishment? I hate being punish! I didn't even realize it's morning already. Not even a minute I got some time to sleep. I guessed a cup of coffee can freshen me. I decided to go earlier so that i can practice my dance for couple of hours before meeting them. I need something to refresh me. I didn't even realize someone is watching my training.

"Wooo noonim... i don't know you can dance like that." JR came to my practice room with JB and some other trainees.

"Yah Jinyoung-ah... i told you not to call me 'noonim'!"

"Just kidding noona. What are you doing? It isn't your schedule now, right? We're suppose to use this room."

"Ah really? sorry i forgot. You can use this room for sure. I won't interrupt you guys."

"Kwenchana... But can noona stay and teach us instead?" A trainee called Jackson asks me. 

"Me? Teaching you? Are you sure Jack?" 

"Of course noona. I like to see your swag noona.

"Ei, you forgot to speak in Korean!" JB smacked Jackson's head.

"Yah!" He tries to smacks him back.

"Yah! Stop it!" Boys always be boys. "Aren't you say you want me to teach you?"

"Of course noonim, don't mind them." JR gave me his 'famous' pouting face. Who can resist it?

"Arasso... I'm gonna teach you my old routine, kay?" I let them see my dance first. 

"Lee Min Young-ssi.... Why didn't you dance like that before?" Manager oppa came without me knowing. 

"I did, oppa. But i guess i don't have a chance to perform."

"By the way, aren't you suppose to have meeting, like now?"

"Gosh! I forget. Sorry boys, next time okay?" They all looked so sad.

"Arasso... Thank you noona. See you." Our trainee, Mark, waved to me.

"I need to tell you something min-ah, about next meeting.. It's..."

"Because my twerking, right oppa?"

"Err... How did you know?"

"Well, i kinda guess it before."

"Okay... Be prepare,arasso..."

"Neh oppa." From the next hour, I'm being scolded for being so racy and they decided to halt all my schedule beside Miss A's. What the heck?

"But sajangnim, that's not even what i want to do! They tell me to do it. You always say it's my duty to entertain, what now?"

"I'm sorry Min, but it's our decision. For the time being, just keep practising, okay!"

"It's not fair!" I banged the door while leaving the meeting room with tears in my eyes. Several trainees were looking at me worriedly.

"Sunbae, are you okay?" Someone gave me a tissue.

"Kwenchana... Don't mind me." Right now i only need a quiet place. I gave Andrew a call and ask him to pick me. I spent the rest of my week at his place, drinking every night.

"You know what, i have enough of this." Somehow I really want to rebel.

"What do you mean, babe?"

"The said i can't be so racy, well i'm gonna show them what is racy!"

"Don't be like that, you need to calm down, babe."

"I don't care!" With that, I shot my own twerk video. As expected they're so angry. But I don't care! I'm tired being the 'good' girl. They already ruined my life before,trying to control my future, and I won't let them control me anymore.