Chapter 8

7 Seconds

Pardon me for the late update. I have been suffering from the extreme need of perfect Korean phrases in this book. You have no idea how much time i wasted with the Korean transalator. Anyway, I'm really sorry if this chapter doesn't meet to your expectations, satisfactions, whatever that is. Picking the perfect words have been really hard lately, and the fact that the semester and final tests just finished isn't helping either (I just finished a writing project 4 days ago). Don't worry, this story isn't the only one that wasn't updated lately, my other stories weren't updated to. So, it's fair for all of us. hahahaha. Thanks for the patient wait, please subscribe, comment, vote, and all that jazz. look forward to the next chapter!


 

He was smiling, all by himself. Well, that’s rare. He isn’t usually the type to smile to himself like that for no reason. No, he wasn’t crazy, he just felt… happy. Yi Fan tried to think up of good reasons to tell people why he was smiling to himself, but he couldn’t find one. Not like he had to, no one would come up to him and ask anyway.

 

Yi Fan continued to walk in silence for a few minutes, silently smiling to himself.

 

Why?” he wondered, “why am I smiling like this?

 

Then it hit him,

           

“Ena.” His newfound friend.

           

Yi Fan didn’t think that he and Ena would actually turn out to be more than acquaintances. Other than the bump in the sidewalk, and the bus, he didn’t that they’d be able to get any closer.

           

“I guess the Man in the Moon has his own plans.” He thought.

 

Yi Fan continued to walk, and shivered at the cold autumn air. Seoul was slowly closing in to its so-called snow day, December. It’s in the early November, and the leaves on Seoul’s large trees were slowly turning into a maroon shade of color. The leaves were starting to fall, just like how Yi Fan’s life was, until he met Ena.

 

It might be a bit too quick, but he felt as if he and Ena clicked. It felt nice to be around her, even though it was a very short time they spent together. Yi Fan knew that there was something different in Ena that made her different from the other girls. No, it’s not her shy and sweet personality, and no, it’s not her height that reaches his chest either. Nor is it her lean figure, her millionaire daddy, or her friendly approach. There was something about her that Yi Fan felt was… soothing, and at the same time confusing.

 

Yi Fan shook his head, and ruffled his blonde hair. Yes, his blonde dyed hair, one of the reasons why he almost got expelled from his high school. It surprised him that Seoul national university accepted him so easily.  South Korea really is a unique country. It’s filled with rich cultures (not to mention the culinary, Yi Fan especially loves Jajangmyun), wonderful places, and very unique people, like Ena.

 

Yi Fan laughed at himself, and continued to walk home. He owed his self-conscious for making him take Ena home. The 10 minutes walk to her house wasn’t bad. He actually enjoyed it, and he had his self-conscious to thank for. He didn’t know why he decided to offer to take her home anyway. Ena did reject him, but he has never been that persistent to take a girl home before.

 

Yi Fan shook his head once again, and opened the gates to his house.

 

“That girl really is something."