Chapter 10

7 Seconds

 

Ena was speeding to quickly. She almost reached the barrier in five seconds; it’s probably time for her to break. But she couldn’t. Ena pulled on her breaks, but the bike won’t stop; the breaks were broken.

 

Ena pulled on the breaks countless of times, but the bike won’t stop. A flash of fear ran by Ena’s face as she saw the barrier got closer. She heard Yi Fan scream out her name, and closed her eyes.


Yi Fan climbed on his bike, and paddled down the slope. He paddled, and paddled. he didn’t even had the time to steer away from the people in front of him. He didn’t care if people thought he was crazy, Ena was going to die.

 

Yi fan saw as the barrier slowly went down, and he heard the blare of horns from a far. The train was coming, and Ena was still speeding ahead. Yi Fan was still far from Ena, and he doubt he could reach her in time. But he tried. He had to save her. Yi Fan paddled even harder, and as Ena’s bike hit the barrier, he jumped.


Ena felt her bike hit something, and closed her eyes. The package of peaches flew into the air, and so did she. Ena summersaulted in the air, and her bike fell to the railroad. She could hear the train’s horns come closer. She thought it was the end, but she felt someone hug her, and bring her across the railroad. She felt her foot hit the train, and she landed with a loud thud on the ground. When Ena opened her eyes, she found herself safe in Yi Fan’s tight embrace.


Yi Fan saw Ena flew in the air, and held out his hand to reach her. When he grabbed her waist, he hugged her, and brought her down. He didn’t know what he was doing, but he didn’t care. As long as Ena’s safe.

 

Yi fan brought his body down, and heard the loud crashes of Ena’s bike being crushed by the train. After the crash, he felt his body touch the ground. Yi Fan slowly opened his eyes, and saw Ena safe, in his hands.

 

“Ena,” He called out as he slowly shook her body. “Gwenchana?”

 

Ena opened her eyes, and stared at Yi Fan.

 

“Gwenchana?” he asked once more.

 

Ena slowly nodded, and she saw Yi Fan sighed.

 

“Arigatou.” She silently whispered.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Kamsahamnida.”

 

Yi Fan chuckled, and nodded.

 

“Thank God.”

 

When the train passed, Yi Fan looked towards the other side, and saw everyone staring at him. They were murmuring things he couldn’t comprehend, nor that he cared.

 

Yi Fan sat up, and looked around him. He spotted the box of peaches, and reached for it.

 

“You’re gonna need this.” He said as he handed it to Ena. Ena took the box, and smiled.

 

“So,” Yi Fan said, “I win the bet, didn’t I?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I reached the bottom in just 3 seconds.”

 

“That’s not even possible.”

 

“Hey, at least I caught up with you. That proves that I was faster.”

 

Yi Fan smiled, making Ena laugh.

 

“What is it, Vanilla or Chocolate?”