Chapter 1

7 Seconds

 

Ena walked out of the grocery store, carrying 4 bags all by herself. She smiled at the bits of frost at the small grocery store's roof.

 

'It's going to be a white Christmas.' She thought, even though it was still another month till Christmas.

 

Though, it did felt like Christmas due to the cold air blowing through her long brown hair, and Christmas songs played everywhere.

 

She smiled at the fact that her birthday was right around the corner (she thinks) because it was on the same day as Christmas. She grinned as she walked on the sidewalk, not paying attention to where she was going. She kept on smiling at the thought of falling snowflakes on Christmas morning. It's always the same every year. She looks forward to Christmas (and her birthday) in hopes of being able to see at least 1 falling snowflake, but her hopes always end up getting crushed. But despite the fact that there were no falling snowflakes (let alone snow) in Seoul, Ena never lost hope.

 

She kept on walking, until she hit someone and dropped 2 of her shopping bags.

 

"Omo! Mianhae!" She exclaimed as she bent down to gather her fallen goods.

 

"No, it's my fault."

 

Ena looked up, and saw a blonde male standing in front of her. He had blonde hair, hazel eyes that were similar to hers, and a lean body posture. She couldn't help but stare into his hazel eyes, but snapped into reality and began to continue picking up her things.

 

He bent down, and helped Ena gather her things.

 

"It's alright," said Ena, "I can do it myself."

 

"No, I should help." He said and carried on helping her gather her scattered things. When they had finished, they stood up, and Ena bowed towards the tall stranger.

 

"Gamsahamnida."

 

She then stood upright, and smiled at the stranger. It scared her a bit that he was so tall. Ena wasn't short. She was tall herself. Her height was 175 cm, and she was in the second year of college, but this man towered over her.

 

'Is he 185?' thought Ena, 'maybe 190?'

 

He smiled.

 

"It's alright."

 

Ena smiled back, and began to walk towards the bus stop, but the man followed, and stood beside her.

 

Ena gathered up her courage, and looked at him.

 

"I'm Ena," she said. "What's your name?"

 

The man looked at her, and held out his hand.

 

"Yi Fan."

 

Ena smiled, and tried her best to hold out her hand.

 

Yi fan chuckled, and shook Ena's hand.

 

"You're carrying a lot of things, maybe I should help." He said.

 

"No, it's alright! I'm used to carrying lots of things at once."

 

Ena smiled. Yi Fan shrugged, and a bus approached the bus stop.

 

The door to the bus opened, and Ena staggered into the bus. Yi Fan chuckled at her cuteness, and walked in behind her. Ena reached into the pocket of her brown coat, and took out some money to put into the box. The bus wasn't packed; in fact it was almost empty. There were only 4 people in it, so it was easy for Ena to find a seat. She walked over to the seat near the door, and sat down her things beside her. Yi fan walked in, and sat at the seat across Ena's.

 

Yi fan looked at the girl sitting in the seat across of his, the same girl who he accidentally bumped into on his way to the bus stop. She was tall, even though he still towered over her; she had long brown hair, and 2 pairs of hazel eyes that were similar to his that she used to stare into his eyes, even though most people would avert their gaze from his because of his height and intimidating stare. Her nose wasn't small, and her lips weren't that thin either, but it fitted perfectly with her oval face. There was nothing interesting about her face, except her hazel eyes. Oh, how he loved the way she stared at his eyes the minute their gaze met. He fell in love with them the second he looked into them. He doesn't know why, but there was this mystical feeling in her stare that made it hard for him to look away.

 

Usually, Yi Fan would feel bored when he rode the bus home, but today he had something to entertain him. It's not actually something, more like 'someone'. Yi Fan had been staring at Ena the whole bus ride home, which he didn't realize that the bus was about to arrive at his stop. He saw the bus rode past the music studio near his stop, and hurriedly stood up to press the button, but bumped Ena in the way.

 

"Oh!" the both of them exclaimed, "Mianhae!"

 

The 2 chuckled at their synchronicity. Yi Fan pressed the button, and Ena smiled, she then walked back to her seat, and gathered her belongings. Yi Fan watched her as she gathered her things, and walked over to her.

 

"I think I should help."

 

Ena looked up, and shook her head.

 

"No, it's alright. I can do it myself." She smiled.

 

"I insist." And without waiting for Ena's answer, Yi Fan picked up 2 of her plastic bags.

 

"Gamsahamnida." Ena said as she blushed.

 

Yi Fan just smiled, and walked out of the bus. As soon as Ena stepped out of the bus, Yi Fan asked her where her house is.

 

"So, where's your house?"

 

"No, I can carry them myself."

 

"Don't be so modest, let me help you."

 

Usually, Ena would just snatch her groceries from the person and run back home (due to suspicion that the dude is actually a ), but she decided to let someone help her today.

 

"Gamsahamnida," she said quietly, "It's right around the corner, and you can just follow me."

 

Yi Fan nodded, and followed Ena into a familiar neighborhood, his neighborhood.

 

"You live around here?" He asked.

 

"Yes, do you live here to?" Ena asked back as she walked.

 

"Yea, a few blocks away from here."

 

Ena nodded, and continued to walk. Soon enough, the 2 unusual couple arrived in front of a large mansion.

 

"You can leave the bags here." Ena said.

 

Yi Fan stared at the large mansion at awe.

 

"You live here?"

 

"Yea."

 

"So, your the millionaire around this place?"

 

"My oppa is the millionaire, not me."

 

Yi Fan raised his eyebrow.

 

"Oppa? Your brother is a millionaire?"

 

"Oh, is that what it means?"

 

"Yeah, don't you mean appa?"

 

Ena chuckled.

 

"Yea. That means father right?"

 

"Yea," Yi Fan chuckled, "You must be a foreigner."

 

"Yes, are you?"

 

"What makes you think that?"

 

"You look Chinese."

 

Yi Fan laughed.

 

"Yea, I'm Chinese. And you? Let me guess, Thailand?"

 

Ena chuckled.

 

"No, I'm Japanese."

 

"Oh, so you're like what, Ena Yamamoto?"

 

Ena giggled.

 

"Close, it's actually Yamamura Ena." But before she could continue, Ena heard someone call out her name.

 

"Ena!"

 

She turned her head towards her house doors, and found Sori, one of the housemaids calling out to her.

 

"Ena," she said as she waved her hand, "Hurry!"

 

Ena turned her head towards Yi Fan, and bowed.

 

"I have to go now. Thank you for helping me."

 

"No problem."

 

Sori ran over to the large gate, and opened it for Ena. Ena picked up her groceries, and ran towards the house doors. Before she went inside, she turned around, and spotted Yi Fan who was still standing outside of the gates. She gave him a small wave, and he waved back.