Race 28. Serious Discussion

Drifting Hearts

Byunghun sat down in his chair nervously as Sunho looked at him, “You’ve joined the midnight track, I see.” His brother said.

“Yeah, we were in dire need of money for your hospital bills.” He replied.

“Were you treated well by Eric?” Sunho asked him.

“Yes, he gave me some background, but he didn’t really talk to the others.” Byunghun replied, “Did you tell him to do that?”

“Not exactly. But I knew that if something bad happened with Tony, that you guys would need money so I made sure Eric knew what my brothers looked like.” Sunho answered, “Which car did you guys use? The Spyder? Or the Skyline?”

“The Spyder. Those were the first keys I grabbed.” Byunghun said, with a shy smile.

“That one is the easier one to handle anyway, for newbies, of course.” Sunho teased.

“Hey, Minsoo hyung drove first and we lost money.” Byunghun said, throwing him under the bus. He was no way at fault for picking the “easier” car.

Sunho chuckled, “I’m just joking. I’m glad you guys stayed safe with your money-making at least. I’m sure Eric was the one who went looking for you guys to tell you about the races anyway.”

“You two must be really good friends.” Byunghun commented.

“We go way back to our college days. Now, what’s this I hear about you talking to Aria?” Sunho asked, changing the subject quickly.

“Nothing. We are just talking.” Byunghun said quickly in defense.

Sunho raised an eyebrow at him, “I’ve heard more from the others.” 

Byunghun sighed, “We are together, but she hasn’t really told anyone yet, mostly because we haven’t really publicized it since I’m a nobody on the race track and she’s the Queen.” He explained.

“Ahhh.. Has she told you about her past?” He asked him.

“Yes, she has. She told me what you did for her.” Byunghun answered.

“And you still accept her for it?”

“Yes, I do not hold it against her. She had it hard for her, and I know I can’t change that but I can help her change her present and future.” Byunghun said, looking down at his hands.

“Good.”

Byunghun looked up at his hyung questioningly.

“You’re my brother and all, but Aria is like my little sister, maybe even a daughter to me. But she is very fragile and I know how Minsoo is. I was hoping he didn’t rub off too much on you while I was in here.” Sunho explained.

“You care about her a lot.” Byunghun commented.

“She was so lost when I found her. I wasn’t about to let that girl lose her life because of her past.” He said. “She deserves the best.”

“I know that’s why I have to get better at racing.” Byunghun said.

Sunho rolled his eyes, “We are related, you know.” He said, “Get outta here. I heard Aria is outside, send her in.”

Byunghun stood up and walked to the door, “Thanks, hyung.”

“Don’t do anything stupid.” Sunho warned him.

Byunghun chuckled slightly before opening the door, “I won’t."

“I have heard that you are dating my little brother, Byunghun.” Sunho told her.

She nodded, “I am. He’s different. He reminds me of you a little.” She said.

“He does act a certain way.” Sunho said, nodding his head in agreement. “Do you trust him?” He asked her.

“Yes, definitely. He didn’t try anything with me when he slept over, he doesn’t mind that we can’t let anyone know yet.” Aria told him.

“Have you told him your real name?” Sunho asked her.

“Yes. He knows it. Unlike you.” Aria said, sticking her tongue out at him playfully.

“I told you to save it for the person who would be the one.” Sunho countered.

Aria held her hands up in surrender, “True, true. Anyway, I have to tell you something.” She said.

“What is it?” He asked her.

“I beat Tony today. Right before coming here actually.” She told him, “I didn’t get the chance to do so before today.”

“Why did you race him? He cheats, you know.” Sunho said with a heavy sigh.

“He challenged me while I was out with Byunghun. He said it would be on my track, on my terms. Micky made him sign a legal contract before racing so now that he’s lost, he has to stay away.” Aria said proudly.

“Really? Wow, Micky thought ahead.”

“Yup. But also, you aren’t mad about me dating Byunghun?” She asked him.

“Nope. I know my brother. Besides, as long as you’re happy. I’m happy. He better treat you right though!” Sunho said threateningly.

“He does, he does. I’m not sure when everyone should know yet though.” Aria told him.

“Why not let him take your crown? Then, he will prove that he can race and people can’t object.” Sunho suggested.

“You mean he gets good enough to beat me and keep winning races?” Aria asked for clarification.

“Yeah, that way he gets more practice and you can relax once he has the crown.” Sunho said.

“That’s true, but how long is that going to take?” Aria sighed sadly.

“You’ll wait for him, won’t you?” He asked.

“Forever.” She answered.

“Then what’s the rush?” He said, lying back against the pillows, “Get outta here. I wanna sleep.”

“Yes, sir.” Aria said playfully, heading towards the door and turning out the lights, “Good night, oppa.”

“Good night.” He replied and Aria left the room after that. He would be discharged soon, they would have more time with Sunho then.


Author's Note;;
Another update :) the "talk" lol. sorta.
Anyway~ there's gonna be a time skip cuz I don't wanna wait forever for Andy to like get discharged. XD
And there's gonna be an epilogue :3

But enjoy :)