Race 20. Challenge

Drifting Hearts

GUYS.. Please help me out with my homework, even if you don't like Infinite, if you have friends on here that do, please give them the link... >____<;; please its due on Friday. it's currently Wednesday night Hawaii time.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/882614


"What? Another one?" L.Joe asked her, "I thought it was one a night."

She frowned slightly, "It is, usually. But Micky accepts challenges from better people." She told him. She took his hand and helped him stand up so they could go back to his car.

"So that means the person who challenged me has a good track record then." He said, as they walked down the stairs to the first floor.

"Yeah, he is decent. He has a pretty even track record, but he has been racing for a long time so that's why he can challenge people." Aria explained.

"Challenges are random because it is within the same night?" L.Joe asked to clarify, they almost reached his car and he started to feel nervous.

"Yes, this guy isn't that bad, you can probably take him. He has a weakness of pressing Nos at the wrong time." Aria told him, she wasn't too worried about him, he could take him on.

"Do you know the track I'll be racing him on?" He asked her, opening the driver's door and getting into his car.

"The two-lap track." She answered, "Good luck," she said before closing the door for him.

L.Joe sighed to himself when he was alone in the car, he didn't expect this at all. But he figured that a challenge meant he didn't have to put up any money to start. He only had to pay up after the win or loss.

He drove himself to the two-lap track and saw a green Audi A4 pull up next to him. It was the first time he had ever seen a sedan race. He would not underestimate his opponent though, any car could be modified to go as fast as the owner wants.

Micky came over and knocked on his window and he rolled it down, "This challenge is from U-Know, he is betting $7000 that he can beat you at the two-lap track. Winner takes the pot." He told him.

"Understood." L.Joe said and he rolled his window back up to prepare. Yoonji stands between them once again and she signaled go and L.Joe took off.

The green car wasn't that far behind him and L.Joe made sure that he got into the inside before he did. Yunho trailed him barely as they reached the first bend.

He eased into it and took the momentum to increase the space between them. He looked in his rear-view mirror and saw the green car directly behind him. He gritted his teeth and pressed his gas pedal more firmly to try and get to a higher speed to accelerate more.

He wanted to get this money, if he could get the $7000 then he would have $17k to pay off the medical bills for his hyung. They made it through the first lap and L.Joe was still in the lead, Yunho dragged along behind him and their speed rushed them through the third bend in the race.

Yunho caught L.Joe’s tailwind and tried to make a break for it, he pulled out of the inner lane and moved ahead. He was close enough that his headlights were in L.Joe’s peripheral.

L.Joe muttered a curse as he pushed ahead tighter to the inside and then pulled his emergency brake to drift into the last turn. He watched Yunho did the same and almost caught up to him. They were almost neck in neck and L.Joe focused on the road, looking ahead for the finish line to press the Nos. 

He watched as Yunho chased him all the way out of the turn and L.Joe pressed the button, shooting him across the finish line before Yunho could even blink. He dragged out his speed until it was reasonable for him to slow down and he got out of his car and grinned widely.

“Yes.” He mumbled to himself as the green car pulled up slowly beside him. The driver got out and he saw a relatively older man in front of him. He wasn’t Eric’s age, but older than L.Joe himself.

“Hey, kid.” The driver said, “Here. You’ve earned it.” He handed him the bundle of money and grinned.

“Thanks.” L.Joe said humbly. He lowered his head in respect and started to walk away.

“Hey, kid.” The driver said and L.Joe turned around, “When you get better, hit me up, I want a rematch. Just challenge me, Yunho.” He said.

L.Joe smirked, “Of course. I will make sure to find you again.” He told him, hiding the bundle in his jacket. “I have to go now though, see you next time.” He bowed politely and got back in his car. 

He started it up and got away from the midnight race to go back to the hospital that his hyung was at. He didn’t even look behind him nor did he say goodbye to Aria. The bills need to be paid and he finally had some money for it. They were at least $30 in the hole from Seoul General but he didn’t know what this hospital was charging them for the room.

He parked the car in the well-lit spot of the parking garage and rushed to the nurses desk, the familiar face of their nurse made him heave a sigh of relief. He could pay off some of the bills today, since she was working.

“What are you doing here?”


Author's Note;;
Another update! I'm going to try for daily updates until this thing is finished! lol. :3
12 more chapters to go :)