Race 01. The Accident

Drifting Hearts

 

The phone rang and CAP was the first one to answer it, "Hello?"

"Hello, is this the family of Lee Sunho?" The voice on the other line asked.

"Yes, who is this?" CAP asked as the others gathered around him. This was a weird way to start off a phone call and they wanted to know who was on the other side.

"I'm sorry to inform you but you will need to come to Seoul General Hospital, Lee Sunho has been in an accident."

L.Joe caught the phone as it slipped out of CAP's shocked hands. "Hyung, what happened?" Ricky asked him.

"Hospital… Hyung.. Hospital.." CAP gasped out as his brain started to dysfunction. He gaped over and over again as no words came out just shock.

"I'll get the van," Chunji said, grabbing the keys and leading everyone out, Niel supporting CAP's shocked body and forcing him to move.

Chunji started the van and made sure everyone was buckled up and everything before pulling out of the stall. "Which hospital?" He asked.

"The caller ID said Seoul General Hospital." L.Joe replied and Chunji sped away towards the gigantic medical building. The cold lights and empty glass windows entered their sights and they all grew anxious.

Through CAP's shocked stuttering earlier, they knew that it had something to do with their older brother Sunho, he had been hurt. But they didn't know how serious it was, what had happened, or where he was.

They knew their older brother was gone often in the middle of the night but they had never questioned it before. They also knew that there was a secret locked door in the garage that led somewhere. They also knew their garage was bigger than it seemed, seeing as how they only had the mini van to fit all of them and the 7 motorcycles for each of them, including their hyung.

But they trusted Sunho to take care of himself, to be able to bring himself home, to be safe. He was their older brother after all, their guardian, the one who looked after them.

If he wasn't safe, then who would be there for them?

Chunji parked the van in the nearest parking stall and they all rushed out towards the elevators, heading straight for the E.R. The nurse behind the counter looked at all of them in shock before an older nurse calmed her down with a smile.

She regained her poise and greeted them appropriately, "Who are you looking for?" She asked.

"Lee Sunho. We received a call he was an accident, we are his brothers. Well, Byunghun and Chanhee are his real brothers, the rest of us were adopted." CAP said confidently, also regaining his ability to speak now that they were in the hospital and could see their hyung.

"Ahhh.. Right this way." The nurse led them towards a hospital room, a private one, and let them in. "Please take your time." She said.

"Thank you, Nurse Sohee." L.Joe said calmly, as he was the last one to walk inside.

Their jaws dropped at the sight of their older brother on the bed, his face was all bloodied, wrapped up in bandages, his right arm and right leg were in casts, elevated off the bed. His eyes were closed and the only sounds in the room were the heart monitor and his breathing.

"Hyung…" Ricky whispered quietly.

"What happened?" Changjo added.

CAP stood quietly at the edge of the bed just looking at Sunho. Nothing else was said, no one knew what else to do. Their hyung was severely injured, there was no way he was functioning at the moment. His body had taken some serious injuries and they had no idea how.

The door opened once more and the older nurse walked in, "Do you boys want to know what happened?" She asked them.

"Yes." Chunji said, without hesitation.

She smiled at him and told all of them to sit down, they did so obediently, sharing a bench, CAP on a chair and L.Joe on the drawer nearby. "Your older brother was in a car accident." She said.

"This wasn't an ordinary car accident." Niel interjected.

She nodded at him, "He was speeding and then his car flipped, the car as well as he was severely damaged." She said.

"Who called emergency?" CAP asked.

She shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know. They say it was a female, but that's not always the case." She told them.

"Was anyone else with him when they found him?" L.Joe asked quietly.

"There are skid marks of another vehicle but no one was there when the ambulance arrived. Only the cell phone that called emergency was left behind." She told them, standing up. "Well, we will take care of him until he wakes up. It was requested that he get a private room, so please try not to worry too much and take care of yourselves okay?"

"Ahjumma, this room is expensive, isn't it?" Niel asked.

She fiddled with the hem of the skirt, "I won't lie to you, yes, this room is expensive. But you're his only family and they won't chase you down for payments." She told them.

"We will figure out a way." CAP said firmly.

She smiled at them, "That's the spirit!" She left them behind in the room as they started to talk amongst themselves. A shadowy figure left the corner of the hallway when the nurse walked out.

"You're welcome." She said loudly.

"Thank you, Ahjumma." was the reply.


Author's Note:
Hey guys, sorry for being a little late~
I was flying back to Hawaii~~~ from Singapore :)
my term in Singapore is over so now I'm back home :)
updates will come quicker... i hope. T.T
Lol. enjoying my love life <3 
enjoy the update though~ ^^V