Race 22. Secrets

Drifting Hearts

She ended up crying even more after that, she couldn't even begin to tell him why he needed to be upset. He had to be upset, she was the reason why Andy was in the hospital, it was all her fault.

It should have been her. She was the one who was supposed to race that day, not Andy.

"My hyung would have never let you do that." L.Joe said, "I don't blame you."

Aria looked up from his chest, her eyes puffy from the crying, "Why not? I blame myself. He shouldn't have been there."

L.Joe smiled, "If my hyung was the legend and you were about to be put in a dangerous situation, then as his brother, I know he would have never let that happen." He said.

"Okay. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you before." She said to him, wiping her face.

"It's okay, there's something else you still haven't told me anyway." L.Joe told her.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Why did you join the midnight track? You said my hyung took you under his wing and taught you everything. But why?" He asked her.

She sighed, "I should tell you this before we get any further anyway. 

When I was little, I was orphaned, both my parents died because of a drunk driver. They left me with some money but it wasn't enough for me to survive until college. The system bounced me around foster homes after that, the house I was in when I turned 16, wasn't giving any of us any food.

They had three other kids along with me, all of them were younger though. I ended up begging on the streets for food and water for them and for me. But I saw another woman there, she was roaming the streets too.

But she was there looking for Johns, one of them accepted her but they made a bargain. A with me, her and him. She came over, picked me up off the streets and took me with them.

She knew I was young so she did most of the work with the man, but he did take away my ity that night. In the morning when he left, he dropped some bills on the floor.

The woman gave me 1/4 of it, but it still meant I now had $100 for food and water. The kids needed it. After that, night after night. I would go out and get more money because I wanted it.

Andy oppa was one of the men I tried to get, but instead he didn't sleep with me and he persuaded me to meet him again the next night to show me something. He left me $200 that night as a means to prove he meant well.

I left the money with the oldest foster kid and then met Andy oppa the next night, it was there he showed me the track. He taught me everything after that." Aria said, as she finished up her story.

She pulled down her jacket sleeve, "It's the reason why I got the A, because of everything he did for me." She said pointing at it.

She looked away from L.Joe, she wasn't sure how he would react to this news, she basically admitted she was dirty. Why would anyone want a girl like her?

But L.Joe's reaction surprised her, he reached out and cupped her face in his hands. "It must have been hard on you, but I'm glad my hyung helped you."

"What? You don't think I'm gross?" She asked him in shock.

"No I don't, in fact, I think it helps explain everything about you. And why you're so secretive and protective of others." L.Joe told her, "I wouldn't want to change anything about you."

“You don’t care? But I’m dirty, impure, scum.” She said before L.Joe pressed a finger to her lips.

“Stop. You’re not, you’re the Aria I know, you don’t let others get bullied, you don’t take money from people who don’t deserve it, you kick grown men’s asses at racing. You are no longer the mystery I originally thought you were. But you’re still the one that I want to learn more about.” He said, interrupting her before she degraded herself even further.

Aria sighed, “This is why Mia warned me about teaching you guys.” But she still smiled anyway.

“What? Because we are such great students that you can’t help but want me?” He joked with her.

“Shut up, carrot top.” She punched his arm, laughing, “Oh, I have something else to tell you.”

He feigned pain but nodded, “What is it?”

“My real name isn’t Aria. It’s Misun.” She said.

He smirked and leaned in close, pecking her lips once softly. “How pretty. I will call you that from now on then. Mine is Byunghun, Lee Byunghun.”

She grinned, kissing him once too, “I’ll call you that as well."


Author's Note;;
update guys :) yay~ :3
enjoy!
Comments are loved <3