Race 25. Preparation

Drifting Hearts

“You need your car?” L.Joe asked her. “I thought your car was perfect.” 

“It’s not, it needs some adjustment to race Tony." Aria told her, walking quickly towards her car. She couldn't wait until later to get a chance to beat Tony finally.

"I didn't know you needed special things to race Tony." L.Joe said, jogging briskly to keep up with her. 

"I just don't want my baby to get damaged." Aria said, "Are you gonna get in or not?"

"Yeah, I'm going to be." He said, climbing and waving goodbye to his brothers.

She drove off before he could even get his seatbelt on and saw her speed past all the signs in order to get to Hyeongkon's garage.

The couple was already waiting outside for them, "What are you thinking?!" Mia yelled at her. "Are you crazy? You're going to get yourself killed!" She said chasing Aria all the way up to Hyeongkon.

"Babe, stop." Hyeongkon told her sternly.

"Oppa, talk some sense into her! She can't race Tony, what are you thinking?!" Mia shouted at the top of her lungs.

L.Joe trailed behind Aria and said nothing. He couldn't help but agree with what Mia was saying, she was right about everything, Aria couldn't race him.

"Mia. Stop." Hyeongkon repeated again, more firmly this time. She looked at him wide-eyed and he looked at Aria, "What do you need?"

"Are you ing kidding me?!" Mia shouted, throwing her hands up and walking away.

Aria waited for Mia to walk away before speaking again, "I need to protect my baby." She told him.

He gave her a sad smile, "Let's get started then." He led her inside and grabbed the necessary gear.

L.Joe moved to sit on the couches that Hyeongkon had in the garage, he had no idea why Hyeongkon was supporting this. How did he know already too? Did Tony call Micky as soon as he walked away or something?

He tried to see what they were doing but he couldn't find them. A soda can dangled in front of his face, "Here." He looked up and saw Mia chugging a beer.

"What is this for?" He asked her, taking the soda. 

"Just to make sure you're not too bored." Mia said, collapsing into the couch across from him. "I can't believe he supports her in this."

"How did everyone find out so quickly? Tony literally just came up to us just now." L.Joe asked her.

She threw him a look, "You're kidding right? News like this spreads like wildfire once Micky announced that Tony challenged her."

Aria and Hyeongkon walked back to them and he was wiping his hands with a cloth. "They're all set." He said, "Good luck tonight."

"Thanks for helping me out." Aria said, giving L.Joe a look and heading back out to her car. He trailed behind her once again.

"What are you doing?" He asked her. "Why are you doing this?"

She sighed, as they reached her car, "I told you, this is to correct the past." She walked around to her side of the car.

He observed the car and saw that she had put extra bumpers on the sides in case Tony tried to push her car. He figured Hyeongkon refilled her Nos tank, maybe put in another one.

The car had a regular check-up and a new coat of wax. He saw that the wheels were pumped properly and her rims were cleaned as well.

She was really leaving nothing to chance, he sighed sadly and climbed into the car, "Nothing I say will stop you, huh?" He asked her.

She turned to him after putting her keys in the ignition, "Nope, I need to do this. For Andy oppa."

He nodded sadly, "I can see why Hyeongkon hyung helped you now. But promise me one thing." He gave a stern look, his eyes piercing her.

She knew he was being serious right now, he reached out and cupped her cheek before pulling her into a searing kiss.

He kissed her breath away, savoring the moment, he was kissing her as if he thought this would be their last kiss. He pulled away and Misun felt light-headed.

"Don't die tonight, you are only allowed to win. You aren't allowed to die on me tonight, not when I just got you, Misun." He told her sternly. 

Her brain barely registered her words as all of her nerves were in overdrive from the kiss. She understood what he said but her mind was going a million miles an hour. She nodded slowly, trying to figure out how to focus on something.

She turned away from him and started the car up, driving, that would help her focus.

"It's still early, do you want to chill at your place?" Byunghun asked her.

She nodded, she needed time to clear her head after this. She needed to make sure she wasn't distracted during the race just because of a simple kiss.


Author's Note;;
another update lol. :o
at least we can see the different perspectives on her racing Tony.
i hope you guys also understand why Hyeongkon helped her, but Mia was mad.
And how L.Joe was mad. :o
anyway~ ENJOY :3