Race 21. Hospital

Drifting Hearts

L.Joe turned around and his jaw dropped at the girl behind him. “What are you doing here?” He asked her.

“I just asked you the same question.” She told him, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Aria, I have something I have to do." L.Joe told her and he walked up to the desk.

"Good evening, Mr. Lee, what can I do for you today?" The nurse greeted him.

"Can I pay for some of my bill today?" He asked her.

"Sure." She pressed some buttons on the keyboard and pulled up their bill, "What amount would you like to pay?" 

"$17,000." L.Joe said calmly, taking the bundles of money and putting it on the table.

The nurse looked at him speechless, "You're not doing anything illegal, are you?" She asked him suspiciously.

"If I were, then I would have paid the bill in full a long time ago." He said with a chuckle.

The nurse pursed her lips but nodded, "Very well. I'll be submitting a $17,000 credit onto your account, you are still left with $33,500 and counting." She told him.

"Thank you very much for your help." He said, turning away to go to his hyung's room.

"L.Joe, I already asked you but you haven't given me an answer. What are you doing at a hospital?" Aria repeated at him. 

He sighed, "I have to pay the hospital bills for my hyung. He's injured real bad and has been in a coma for a while now. He woke up once but then he fell back unconscious when they sedated him." He explained to her.

"Who is your hyung?" She asked him, raising an eyebrow.

He pointed at the room and then led her to it. They both saw the brothers turn to look at them, revealing the person they were hovering around.

Aria gasped loudly, her legs collapsing beneath her. "Oh my god." She said softly.

L.Joe looked at her in shock, "Aria, what is it?" He asked, holding his hand out to her to pick her up.

"I always knew deep down since that day you came to Hyeongkon's garage but I never really thought it was true." She muttered to herself.

"What are you talking about?" CAP demanded in his loud voice and it broke Aria out of her shock.

"Do you guys know about the legend of the midnight track?" She asked and saw 5 turning heads and one nod. "I am guessing Eric told you, L.Joe."

"He did, the first night." He answered.

"Well for the rest of you. The legend was the one who taught me how to drive, drift, race, everything. He is the one who owned the midnight track for the longest time. And he taught me everything. His name was Andy.” Aria told all of them and they all looked at her in confusion.

“I’m sorry, but what does that have to do with anything?” CAP asking with all the attitude he could muster.

Aria felt the lightbulb go off before she opened , “Hyung, you’re such an idiot. That’s Andy.” Changjo pointed at their hyung, “Right?” He looked to Aria.

She nodded, “Yes. He is Andy, you guys are driving one of his legendary cars. The ones he used to race in. Everyone knew but you guys, I didn’t want to tell you because it’s not my secret, but now I have to.” Aria said, she turned to L.Joe, “Why did you change the hospital? I know he was admitted to Seoul General.”

L.Joe sighed, “We were too far in debt at Seoul General, they moved us here, saying the rooms were cheaper here, he could have his own room and we wouldn’t be taking up space that we couldn’t pay for. This is one of subsidiaries.” He explained to her.

“How do you know that he was admitted to Seoul General?” CAP asked her suspiciously.

Aria sighed this time, “You only know he was in a car accident huh?” She said.

“Yeah, that’s all the hospital knew as well.” Chunji replied, intervening.

“He was in a car accident because of a race he was in. He raced one of the cocky older guys and they crashed.” Aria explained, “He was the safest driver I knew, but he raced against the one guy who would do anything to win.”

“Why did our hyung race him? Wouldn’t our hyung know that he cheated?” Niel asked her, he was old enough to sense that there was more to the story.

“Tony had challenged me that night, but Andy oppa wouldn’t allow me to race him. He said I wasn’t ready, so he took the race for me. Tony was really mad about it and took it out on Andy oppa.” Aria said, turning away to leave before the others could say anything to her.

“Wait!” L.Joe called after her, but CAP yanked his collar. “Let me go.”

“What are you doing? She’s not good. She just said he’s the reason why he’s been in a coma.” CAP told him.

“And? She’s obviously feeling guilty about it. Besides, you don’t know her like I do.” L.Joe said, ripping CAP’s hand off his clothes. He took off after Aria and saw her down another hallway sitting on a bench with her head down.

“Aria.” He said, going up to her. He immediately wrapped his arms around her and held her to his chest. “I am not upset with you.” He told her.

“You should be."


Author's Note;;
Woot daily update ^-^
Lol. enjoy this guys :3 I have to finish this soon. ><;;
too many stories going on, so little time. lol.