Race 14. The Best

Drifting Hearts

Aria looked around for the orange haired brother, “Let’s go, carrot top.” She said, walking towards the car as she saw Hyeongkon and Mia walk away.

He caught up to her and smirked, “The name’s L.Joe, sweetheart. And what’s the rush? You know your friends are going to take a while, why don’t we just chill and wait 20 minutes?” He caught her attention and winked, “Is that enough time for them?"

She turned her head to the side as she hid a smile. This boy had actually made her laugh, something no one new had ever done before. 

“Just drive, you idiot.” She remarked when she got her composure together.

He gave her a small smile, before holding his hands over his heart, “Ouch, you wound me. I’m not an idiot.” L.Joe joked as he feigned pain.

“Stop it.” Aria got serious, she had to remain the strict teacher in front of these guys. They weren’t allowed to be friendly with her. She had to remain calm and stern.

L.Joe sighed before sending her wink, he knew exactly what was up with her. She had laughed with Hyeongkon and Mia earlier but to his brothers she was their teacher, not their friend. She had a reputation to uphold. “Fine, let’s just drive.” He said, climbing into the car and getting ready to go.

He refused to allow what she said earlier get him down, there had to be some reason behind her cold facade. She laughed with people that she truly knew and those that wouldn’t betray her. She had something behind those sad eyes, he could see it whenever she looked at her friends. She would never admit it though.

“So we’re just going to wait in the car then?” He asked her, as he saw his brothers chilling out as they talked about their races.

“I would rather wait in here than hear your brother talk about himself some more.” Aria said, rolling her eyes at the thought. “He’s so arrogant, I just want to stomp his ego.” 

“You’re gonna have to become a giant before you’ll be big enough to stomp it.” L.Joe joked with her and he caught the smile she tried to hide from him.

“His ego is that big huh?” She replied, looking right at him when she spoke. He felt lucky in that moment since she never paid attention to any of the others.

“I’ve been living with him for years, yes, it’s that big, he won’t be able to live it down if one of us beats him.” L.Joe told her.

Aria let out a heavy sigh, “At the rate, he’s going, one of you guys will definitely being beating him.” She remarked.

As tempting as it was to lean into her and joke some more, L.Joe restrained himself, he wanted her to like him, not hate him, like how she hated CAP. “Will it be me?” He asked her, his invisible beard.

He gave her a cocky smile for good measure and she rolled her eyes. “If you drive well, then maybe.” She replied to him, “Just don’t act like your brother please.”

“Done.” L.Joe said as they watched Hyeongkon come back out with Mia, their clothes in a mishap. 

“Ewww.” Aria muttered under her breath. She tried to not let herself be heard but the car had been silent.

“You don’t like that?” He asked her, he put the car in drive, pulling up to the starting line.

She shook her head and sighed sadly, “It’s a really long story and it’s not something you need to know. Just drive.” She said.

Mia stood between them and signaled go again. They took off neck in neck and L.Joe eased into all of his gears, keeping up with Hyeongkon’s pace. He stayed calm, keeping his eye on his portion of the road and only looking with his peripherals.

Hyeongkon continuously tried to overtake him but L.Joe never let it happen. They sped through the first lap still tied, Hyeongkon took the opportunity to get as close to L.Joe’s car as he possibly could without bumping it. L.Joe turned to him but kept his hand on the wheel steady as not to jeopardize his position.

“Really?” He asked rhetorically. He pushed on the gas harder and gained a little more ahead of Hyeongkon. He eased into the turn before pushing the NOS to accelerate to the finish line, ahead of Hyeongkon by a full car length. The two of them went around and around in the car as they slowed down before pulling up towards his brothers.

“That was nice.” Aria said calmly before climbing out of the car to avoid anything extra.

L.Joe smiled, “Thanks.” He said, not saying anything more. If he didn’t know that there were secrets under that tough skin of hers, he would have asked to take her out already.

“So my decision has been made.” Aria said in a loud and clear voice. The brothers got quiet as they waited for her verdict. “L.Joe will be representing you tonight at the midnight race. You’ve already been signed up, I assume?” She said.

“But I did better than he did!” CAP insisted in anger.

Hyeongkon approached them with Mia in his arms, “Actually L.Joe got the best time and didn’t almost crash the car. So he did win fair and square.” He told him, holding Mia’s stopwatch to them.

“Whatever.” CAP sighed to himself, crossing his arms over his chest.

“You up for the challenge?” Aria asked L.Joe with a sneaky smile across her lips.

“Always. Teach me a few tricks now.” L.Joe said, climbing back into the car for intensive training.

“You’re pretty good on your own, don’t really need any tricks.” Aria replied, getting into the passenger seat.

Hyeongkon shook his head with a smile on his face, “Come on, boys, drinks for everyone. They’re gonna be a while.” He led all of them back into his garage.


Author's Note;;
Another update ^-^ <3
Enjoy :3
Comments are welcomed <3

please watch ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5p1kx3Y3PY