Race 23. Pool

Drifting Hearts

“So what now?” Byunghun asked her, “What do you want to do?”

“What do you mean ‘what do I want to do’?” She asked emphasizing her words carefully. 

“Do you want to stay as friends...? Or do you want to be with me?" He asked her.

"I thought we already established this." She gestured at the both of them. 

Byunghun laughed, "Okay then, let's go out tomorrow. We can go out with the others and stuff, go bowling and maybe shoot some pool?" He asked her.

"Sure, with the others..?" She asked him, raising an eyebrow. It was weird that a guy would bring along other than people to a date.

"They will want to come and plus, in case we see other people there. If all the guys at midnight track think they're worthy enough to go out with you, and I'm the newbie, I'm going to get in trouble." Byunghun explained to her. He knew his own kind, had he been in their shoes, he would have been upset too.

Misun frowned slightly, he did have a good point, she was still wanted by all the racers, not for her personality, but either fame by association or just as a way to figure out how to put down the Queen. She sighed, “Very well. So bowling tomorrow then?” She asked him.

“Yup. Are you gonna go home now?” He asked back, as they both stood up.

“Yeah, I need to take a shower and get some sleep. Are you going to stay here?” She said, standing back a little from him.

“For a little bit, yeah. So I’ll see you tomorrow then..?” He said, giving her a hug.

“Yeah, I’ll come pick you up.” She laughed and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Misun walked away from him and looked back. 

"I can drive too." He said with a sad face.

"Yeah, but your brothers need to get there too. So you'll need me to pick you up if you want to spend more time with me." Misun told him and smiled, waving goodbye and she disappeared.

Misun grabbed a jacket and tossed it over her tank top and jeans and left her house quickly. She grabbed her keys and got in her car to go swing by the house and pick up Byunghun.

He was already waiting outside of the house for her to come by. “Good morning.” He greeted her when she rolled down the window.

“Good morning, where’s your brothers? They already went, but they said the bowling alley is too crowded, so we just have to go to the billiards place.” He told her as he climbed in the car.

“Oh really? That , but I don’t mind playing pool either.” Misun said, turning out of the driveway and heading towards the only place in town that they could play pool at.

“So, do you know how to play?” Byunghun asked her.

“No, I don’t, I think. Well, actually, it’s just been a while, since I’ve had a need to play pool.” Misun answered, turning to look at him quickly, “I had to use it as a means to get money before, I used to hustle people.”

“You did what?” Byunghun asked her in shock. “You tricked people into thinking you were bad and bet them loads of money and won?” 

“Yeah, had to. But then some guys got bad so I had to hide for a while.” She said. They had reached the parking structure and she reversed into one of the stalls. They both got out at the same time and walked together to hold hands.

“Hey.” He said with a smile, kissing her cheek. He led her towards where his brothers were.

“OOOOOHHHH!!” They all chorused together, making dramatic gestures at the two of them.

“Guys, shut up.” Byunghun said to all of them. “Let’s just play a game.”

“Whatever you say, lover boy.” Chunji said, rolling his eyes. He grabbed two pool sticks for the both of them and handed it to them.

“So let’s go for Solids and Stripes.” Byunghun said setting the rack and the cue ball. 

“Sure, let’s try.” Misun smiled at him as she set to break. She bent forward and rested the stick on top of her middle finger, sliding up to the ball. She moved it all the way back and missed the ball completely. She tried again and again, but failed.

She sighed sadly, “I have forgotten everything.” She said.

Byunghun chuckled, “Here, let me help you.” He said, walking over to her. He stood right behind her and helped fix her stance to gain more leverage. He placed his hand over his, making it easier to slide the stick properly.

She could feel his breath on the back of her neck, making the hair stand up. She had never felt like this when she was hustling people before. “So, now you pull back.” He said, his hand over hers on the back of the stick. He slid it back and made sure her left hand stayed still. “And hit.” He hit the cue ball with her and pulled back for the break.

The balls separated and the blue 2 ball sank into the farthest left corner pocket.

“Aria is solids.” CAP announced as they watched nothing else sink into a pocket. “L.Joe is stripes.”

“Do you still need help playing?” Byunghun asked her, grinning.

Misun looked down in embarrassment, “No. I think I can take it from here.” She said.

“Well, well, well. Look who we have here. A bunch of children pretending to be something they’re not.” 


Author's Note;;
here is another update guys ^-^ I'll try to write more.. :o
But I have hw to get to tomorrow.. lol. But that doesn't mean I won't try to write when I can :)
Sooo.. there's some loose ends to tie up. :o so hope you enjoy another obstacle to Misun/Byunghun
And just to clarify, they only call each other that. :o the brothers are still addressing them by their midnight names