O38: Saying Goodbye...

My Neighbour is 'Play-Lay' the Bad Boy Kingka!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We're back in Seoul, Dahae and Luhan's wedding was beautiful and I can't help but think of what my wedding day would be like, when I find that special person who I can spend the rest of my life with...

I look out of my window and see Yixing sat on his bed with his large headphones on his eyes are closed and I think maybe if I could marry him that would be... perfect.

“Yixing!” I hear and Momo's at the door, she frowns that he ignores her.

'Marry her' I think of what I said to Lay... I haven't spoken to him since. 'Marry her'

Tears are forming in my eyes then I see Momo look over to me, I fall onto my face. Literally I face plant my bed, rather a sore nose than Momo see me looking at Lay, longing for Lay.

“Eunjoo!” I hear my mother call from downstairs. “Come down and eat some breakfast!”

I get up and avoid looking anywhere near the window. “Coming!” I shout back, then as I get down stairs, my mother smiles and hands me a bowl of rice.

“Good morning, now I think we should talk.” She says sitting across from me.

“What about?” I ask looking into my bowl of rice hoping it eats itself.

“You missed Mrs Zhang's big announcement, you know when you walked out claiming not to have an appetite then swanned off for a couple days to watch your underage friends say their vows and not actually get married.” She says sternly.

I shake my head. “Luhan and Dahae love each other they'll be married once they graduate.”

“don't avoid the point here...”

I look to her blankly. “What was the point?”

“Mrs Zhang announced the date for Yixing and Momo's wedding, it's the Saturday after you all graduate school.” She says almost as if she knows it'll hurt me.

I nod.

“Aren't you upset?”

I shake my head. “I broke up with Lay.”

“Don't call him that, his name is Yixing.” Mother says almost telling me off. “Be honest, you like him. I know he likes you too. You two are so good for each other but you need to understand the promise that Yixing's father made is binding.”

I nod. “I understand you, I understand all of it. I broke up with Yixing, we weren't right for each other, I've even dated someone else since Omma... but I obviously just rushed into that just like I did with Lay- I mean Yixing.”

My mother just frowns to me. “I love you so much honey... I just don't want you to be upset.”

I shake my head. “I'm not, I'm over it”

“Let's do something amazing for your graduation, you have a break between school and university right? Let's travel together. You and me.” She says with a big grin. “If i'm honest i've been saving up so we could go on a big nice holiday to Hawaii or something, but I think a big change of scenery would be good for the both of us, I booked some time off work and well... I though maybe a trip through Europe?”

My eyes widen. “Are you serious? That would be awesome!”

“Then it's a plan!” She smiles then leans over the table and spoons some rice shoving it in my mouth. “When we're home you'll be a university student and planning your future. Your father would be so proud.”

I smile back to her and then look to my food. “Dad would have loved a trip across Europe.”

“He'll be with us.” She smiles.

I nod.

 

 

School was so much easier to get ready and go for now I knew I would be travelling Europe with my mother! It's a bit nerdy but... I love her so much and this was just the best surprise I couldn't wait to tell Dahae.

“Hey!” I hear as I'm leaving the street to start my descent to school. I turn around and see Momo, arm in arm with Lay.  As soon as they leave the street he takes his arm away from her. “Let's walk to school together!”

I nod and then look to Lay and try not to make eye contact.

“So how was your morning, I saw you in your room lying on your bed... are you not feeling too well?” Momo asks looking at me with a worried expression.

“You're not well?” Lay asks, he comes closer and puts his hand on my forehead.

I don't waver and instead take his hand off. “No, not unwell. Had a bad nights sleep so I tried to lay in as much as possible.” I smile to Momo, but I don't look at Lay. He's not there in my head he's somewhere far, far away.

“That's okay then, can you believe that we'll be finishing up school soon!” Momo skips about and hooks her arm with mine. “No more school!”

I smile. “For you maybe, I've been accepted to Seoul University. I'll be studying even more than before.”

“Oh, Yixing has been accepted there too!” Momo smiles. “I missed all the entrance exams... so I have to wait until next year if I want to go, but I'll be a housewife by then... maybe looking after the children. Shall I just not go to university?” She gestures to Lay.

He shrugs and then starts walking on ahead.

“Do you think I should?” She looks to me.

I watch Lay distance himself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter