Chapter 16

A Curse Brought Us Together (On-Hold)

This is an important note. Starting from this chapter, I won't use 'you' anymore and instead, I will use 'she'. I'm starting to comfortable with the use of 'she' / 'he' so it's quite awkward for me to use 'you' now. And one more thing, previously I had used Kim Jihoon as the enemy's son but I've change it to VIXX's Lee Hongbin. So, to the old readers, don't be suprise at the change. ^^

 


 

Kris’ specialty was in tracking people. By his specialty, he had done every job that his father gave to him before and now, he had to use his specialty, which he had left before, once again in tracking their enemy’s people in order to reach his beloved wife. Usually, it will take just 1-2 days for Kris to track his targets but for this case, he had been stay there in his special van for 4 days straight already. That time, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen was there with him.

“That evil Mr. Lee really good in covering his people. Right, Kris hyung?” Baekhyun said while Kris just nodded in agreement. Kris’ mouth was heavy to say anything; he was really tired till he didn’t have any energy to do anything other than doing his works.

“Damn it. It has been 4 days already and we still can’t find her…”

“It’s okay, Chanyeol. What we need right now is patience.” Chanyeol listened to Kris and sighed softly. He knew that Kris was miserable but he kept it well in his heart which made Chanyeol respect him so much. From the glint of Kris’ eyes, he couldn’t see that Kris missed Eunkyung so much. He couldn’t even confess his feeling to her; he didn’t even say how much he cares for her yet.

“Yeah, you’re right, hyung.”

“Why don’t you go back for awhile, hyung? You need to rest as well.” Chen took his turn to speak out since he was too irritated to watch Kris stay here without even resting. He didn’t even sleep well for these past 4 days. If he did, he will just rest 1-2 hours before he woke up again and continued his works.

“I know but I will later. I need to focus in my work.” Listening to him, Chen groaned in frustration while the other 2 males just could shake their head and sighed. They knew they couldn’t stop their stubborn leader anyway.

“Okay then, as you wish. We will leave you alone for awhile.” Baekhyun muttered softly and with that, they excused themselves and got out from the van to let Kris focus on his works.

 


 

It has been 4 days since Eunkyung lived there in that big mansion which she assumed as Hongbin’s personal mansion. During her stay there, she always treated like a princess by all people around the mansion and it made her felt a little stressed by the pressure. She was quite confuse by the treatment but as one of the maid told her the actual reason, Eunkyung now understood the situation. He liked her, that’s what she knew now.

Eunkyung was sitting on her bed while looking out the window when one of the butlers suddenly come in and approached her. She glanced a bit at him before looking away again with a soft groaned.

“What is it?” she asked coldly, folding her arms on her chest. The butler then bowed to her before continued with his reason to be there in her ‘room’.

“Master Hongbin wants to meet you.” Listening to his words, Eunkyung scoffed softly before looking up at him and raised her brows in arrogant manner.

“For what? Why didn’t he just come here instead?”

“I don’t even know, mistress.” Eunkyung was really annoyed by it but she knew she couldn’t do anything so she just rolled her eyes and slowly got up from the bed, walking out from the big room and headed to Hongbin’s office.

These 4 days of living in that hell was enough for Eunkyung to know that mansion’s area so she had no problem in taking her way to the office. She already knew where Hongbin’s bedroom, the kitchen and the others which she didn’t even care about it. There was a theater room too at the basement and it made she missed the mansion that she owned with Kris. She missed everything about Kris. Every time she thought about him, there was a heavy burden in her heart and it disturbing her so much.

When Eunkyung got in front of Hongbin’s office, she heaved a heavy sigh before slowly opening the big door. As she got inside, she saw he was sitting on his comfortable chair, doing some works like usual.

“What do you want?” she asked, stern and cold could be heard in her voice. Hearing your sweet voice, a smile immediately formed on his lips, making the dimples shown as well on both his cheeks.

“Hey, my ice princess. How are you doing?” He looked up at while closing the files in front of him, finally giving all his attention on the girl that he had cherished the most even they just met. His nickname for Eunkyung had always made the goose bumps appeared on her body and she just scoffed while crossing her arms in respond.

“Can’t you just let me go and accept the fact that I already have a husband?”

The moment Eunkyung mentioned about her husband again, his face immediately changed and the glint of his eyes shown that he was so irritated.

“Didn’t I tell you before? Don’t ever mention about him when you’re with me.”

“So, what? I’m not yours.” She said in challenging tone which she knew afterwards that what she did was a wrong step to do. From the past 4 days, she had come to know that Hongbin always has a short temper.

“I told you I will make you as mine.”

“I don’t even want. I love my husband more than you.” Eunkyung knew that she shouldn’t continue the argument but she couldn’t help it but to let the words slipped out from between her lips just like that, making the anger build up in Hongbin’s chest. He clenched his fists as he stared at you sharply.

“You can always love me.”

“I have a right to choose who will I love and I choose my own husband over you. I love him!” Indeed, she was too stubborn to stop the argument. Hongbin then got up from his seat and slammed his fists on the table while the girl in front of him just jumped in surprise but she succeed in keeping her composure well.

“Dare to say that again or I will—“

“You will what? me? Kill me?! Just do whatever you want so you will know, till you saw my death body in front of your eyes, till then I still will love him no matter what happen!” With that statement from her, he walked closer to her and slapped her hard on the face, making her fell to the ground with a soft thud. A soft scoff could be heard from Eunkyung as she her blood away from her corner lips before glaring sharply at Hongbin.

“Is this how you treat your beloved girl?”

“Get out.”

“Is this how you treat the girl that you love?!”

“I said get out!” Hongbin shouted loudly at her, his eyes burning with all the anger that burning in his chest.

“Fine.” With the last strength in her, she got up and rubbed her lips before continued, “I really wish that you will say ‘get out from this house’ instead.” Eunkyung then glared at him for the last time then walked out from the office, back to her bedroom.

“I hate him, seriously.”

 


 

After the 11 males had persuaded him for the nth times already, Kris finally agreed to go back and rest. As he entered the quiet, empty mansion, he can’t help the tears from failing out from his eyes. He really missed to see Eunkyung’s face and to hear to her sweet voice. The things that he couldn’t even realize before, he finally got to feel it. He finally knew that all of these times, he had denied his own feeling towards his own wife. The thoughts only made his chest in pain.

Instead of going to his bedroom, he went to Eunkyung’s drawing studio. He walked around the room for awhile before stopping in front of a drawing of her; the drawing of his face that Eunkyung had made before. He stared at it for a moment as he broke down once again, letting his tears rolled down on his cheeks.

Before, he thought he just like her as a crush and not more than that. Never had he thought that he will love her as a wife. Now that he realized, he couldn’t help it but to regret on what he already did to her. He loved her so much. He didn’t want to lose his wife forever. All these tracking and searching made him go insane and frustrated. He wondered, why his specialty was not so expert like before—why till now, he didn’t find Eunkyung yet when he could find other people just like that.

In the end, he gained his composure and heavily walked out from the studio, heading back to his bedroom. Maybe a good rest was the only good thing for him in that time but he was so sure that he can’t sleep again. Getting inside his room, he walked to his work desk and picked up his wedding portrait with Eunkyung before walking to the bed. He then sat down on the bed, staring at the portrait emotionlessly and chuckling bitterly.

“I’m sorry if I treated you bad before. You must be hurt by my words and attitudes before, right? What a bad husband I am.”

As he hugged the portrait tightly to his chest, he lied down on the bed and tried hard to sleep with his tears streaming down his face. Surprisingly, he succeeds as he fell asleep peacefully through the night.

 


 

The sound of groaning and sighing had never stop in the office as Kyungsoo was still in front of his computer, fingers still typing on the keyboards fast. Since Eunkyung was gone, Kyungsoo was always busy—or always kept himself busy as much as he could, to be honest. He had always been there, on his father’s seat for 24 hours straight. His dark circles can be seen clearly on his face now.

Without he realized, his friends—Kai, Tao, Luhan, Sehun and Lay was visiting him at the office.

“Hyung!” Sehun and Kai called for him as they all walked into the office proudly like they were on some sort of runaway. Kyungsoo then looked up at them and laughed softly as their style.

“Hey, what you guys doing here? And please no Kai, Sehun. My father’s office is not a fashion show. What with that suit, idiots?”

“What? We look cool in it okay.” Kai scoffed softly before lifting up his chin a bit, grinning cheekily while fixing his shade like an actor. Luhan who was watching them with a disbelief face quickly shoved them away and stood in front of Kyungsoo’s desk—his father’s face to be exact.

“We’re visiting you plus trying to bring you back home.” Luhan said as he started to move away from the desk, heading to Kyungsoo and wrapped his arms around the latter’s shoulders.

“Lulu hyung, isn’t me who have to hug him?”

“Oh, come on, Kai. You had always had your time with this squishy boy. Give me a break, will you?” he asked, glaring at Kai who still in his fashion show with Sehun. Kyungsoo looked up from his works and looked around at his friends, smiling softly at their acts.

“Sorry guys, I’m just busy.”

“Or trying to make you busy to be very honest. Look at your dark circles. It’s worst than mine now.”

“Actually, yours more worst, Gucci’s panda.” Sehun took off his shade and smirked at the latter.

“Yah, you bubble tea’s lover.”

“What, what? Any problem?”

A moment later, both Tao and Sehun had started their World War III which had made Kyungsoo chuckling softly. He was indeed feeling glad with his friends. At least, he could release his tension by watching their small bickering.  Not wanting to Kyungsoo in mess that the youngest had created, Lay stepped in between them and stopped them.

“Stop! We’re here not to hear all of those bickering, idiots!”

“Good job, Laynicorn—“

“What? Yah, you Lu-deer. Stop calling me like that.”

“What? Any problem?”

“You—wait—oh hey, your words are the same with Sehun just now. Woahh~~” he cooed, making Luhan felt annoyed. In a quick pace, Luhan skipped to Lay and pushed his face away.

“Shut up, unicorn’s lover.”

“At least my unicorn is more beautiful than your deer.”

“Am I the only one who looks matured here?” Kyungsoo asked himself as he looked around him and chuckled softly at the mess. He then cleared his throat, earning all attention.

“So, what you guys doing here, again?”

“We want to take you back home.” Kyungsoo glanced over Luhan and raised a brow, tilting his head a bit.

“Okay, how about Kris? Is he okay, now?”

“He’s fine, maybe? We already sent him back home—yah! You change the topic!”

“You got me. Well, okay fine. Let’s go back home.” With a last heavy sigh that he let out, Kyungsoo finally got up from his seat and packed his things. The others just cheered happily when he finally agreed to get back home.

“Guys….can we stop at a restaurant first before we get back home? I’m hungry…” Kai muttered softly but was loud enough to be heard by the others. They turned to him and stared at him blankly. After a while, a loud grown came from his stomach, making all of them laughed hardly at him.

“Okay, let’s go to grab something to eat.”

 


 

One of the maids was treating Eunkyung’s corner lips when she was ready to get to sleep that night. She turned to the maid and smiled softly, assuring her that she was fine.

“It’s okay, ahjumma. I’m fine.”

“No, you’re not, mistress. How could he do this to you when he said he loves you so much?” she asked in disappointed which made Eunkyung chuckled bitterly and shook her head gently as she got up in a sitting position.

“It’s fine. Don’t worry too much about me.”

“But—“

Suddenly, the door slowly opened and there he was, the guy with the cute dimples was walking into the room and looked up at Eunkyung with a sad face. Seeing the expression which she thought an act from him, she scoffed softly and looked away.

“Mrs. Na, you can go now.”

“Yes, master.” She quickly took all the things and skipped out of the room, not forgetting to close the door. Hongbin then walked to the bed and sat beside you.

“What do you want now?”

“I want to say sorry.”

“No need.” She said, still being cold toward the jerk yet cute boy in front of him. The latter just could let out a soft sigh, face-palming a bit as he was thinking on what should he do to make her open her heart a bit for him.

“Hey….I’m serious here. Listen to me.” He held your Eunkyung’s chin with his fingers and turned her face to him as he looked deep into her eyes. Surprisingly for him, she didn’t even try to resists him. She didn’t even try to push him away.

“I’m sorry, okay? I didn’t mean to hurt you.” He said softly and caressed the corner of her lips gently. His lips quickly formed a small smile when Eunkyung started to lean to his touch.

“Once again, I’m sorry. I love you.” He then leaned closer to her and hugged her tightly, caressing her hair lovingly and again, a smile formed on his lips the moment she returned his hug. Even Eunkyung didn’t reply to his confession, he still felt really happy when she finally opened up a bit and be warm with him.

In that moment, he knew he finally got the chance to get inside your heart and threw Kris away now. There was nothing he could feel other than happy. He got his way to her heart and he won’t waste it just like that. He would use his chance with all his best, which was his vow.

 


 

I know that I didn't update this story since July last year and I'm so sorry for that. I don't think I can count how many times I've already say sorry to you guys.

So. now we're already in the new year; the sheep's year, 2015! Good bye, 2014 which full with so many problems in K-Pop's world. I wish that fans will don't have any problems in this new year. And as a Starlight (I don't know if there's a starlight as well among my readers lol), I hope the best for VIXX, hwaiting!

And, this update is actually a gift for you guys. Happy New Year, everyone! 

Don't forget to subcribe, upvote if can and the most important is, please comment! >.< Please continue to support me as well, ppyong! c: