Chapter 17

A Curse Brought Us Together (On-Hold)

It had been a month since the first day Kris was searching for his beloved wife. For an experienced tracker like him, it sure made him lost his record of being the fast tracker ever. One month was just too much for an expert like him. Blame that psychopath Lee Hongbin for choosing to build his mansion deep inside the wood.

With the help of his eleven brothers, they could easily sneak into the mansion’s area without any problem. Within an hour, Kris found himself at the entrance of the mansion with the others as his back up. The tall guy looked around a bit and clenched his jaws and fists the moment his gaze was fixed on the big double doors. With a deep breath that he took, he stepped forward and rushed inside through the door, anger could be seen in h is eyes.

“Lee Hongbin, you bastard! Get out now!” he shouted loudly, making all the maids and butlers gathered at the hall.

“Sir, please calm down,” said one of the butlers who immediately shut his mouth once Kris turned to glare at him intensely.

“Where’s your little psycho master, huh?! Tell me!” Kris stepped forward bit by bit, scaring off the little maid in front of him.

“I-I will c-call for him n-now—”

“No need. I’m here now.” Hearing the husky voice from the stairs, Kris quickly looked up and stared sharply at the black haired boy.

“Where’s my wife?” he asked, his voice lowered down to the lowest note of his. Hongbin then scoffed a bit, slowly stepping down the stairs and chuckled softly.

“What had made you think that your wife is here, Wu Yifan? There’s nobody here except of me, my workers….and my girlfriend.” The moment the last sentence rolled off his tongue, a smirk slowly appeared on his soft face. Kris shifted a bit on his spot, gritting his teeth a bit due to the boiling anger in his chest.

Deep inside, he knew Hongbin was talking about his wife—his Eunkyung. Hongbin also knew from Kris’ face that now, that tall guy in front of him was nervous and scared to accept the painful fact; he didn’t even want to accept it.

“What? You don’t believe me? I will call for her then.”

Smiling proudly, he turned to his side and shouted a bit sweetly, “Eunkyung-ah!”

“Yes, sweetheart?” the familiar voice exclaimed and Kris quickly turned his sight to the familiar figure of the girl that he had longing to see. His heart broke into pieces when he saw his beloved girl was hugging that psycho man lovingly.

She didn’t even saw or even noticed him there. The scene in front of him was too sweet which had made him feels like his world was crushed. The moment Eunkyung planted a soft kiss on Hongbin’s cheek, Kris curled his fingers into fists, wanting to punch that guy right away.

“Honey…is that your husband?” Hongbin sarcastically asked as he turned to wrap an arm around Eunkyung’s petite waist. The latter then turned to Kris and stared at him like he was a stranger as she fluttered her eyes a bit in confusion. She then tilted her head slightly before replying to Hongbin’s question, “no. Who is he?”

The question that was thrown by that pretty girl made Kris widened his eyes and dropped his jaw, Hongbin smirked slightly and all the workers looked down, sighing softly in despair like they knew what had happened.

“But I’m your husband, Do Eunkyung!”

“Oh? How did you know my name? Sweetheart, he’s creepy.”

Sliding behind Hongbin’s back, she clutched onto his shirt and frowned softly as she turned to hide from Kris.

“I know, dear. He’s indeed ‘very’ creepy.” Emphasizing his word sarcastically, he continued as he pecked on Eunkyung’s forehead, “why don’t you go to take a rest? He’s disturbing us at 11pm. I bet you’re very tired right now.”

Eunkyung then looked up and locked her gaze with his as she stared into his eyes lovingly.

“Alright. You too, don’t sleep late like last night. Visit me before you go to sleep.”

“Sure. I will visit you like always.”

Listening to his words obediently, she gave him the last sweet smile and walked away to her room. The way she smiled so lovingly towards Hongbin and how she immediately obeyed to him like that made Kris’ heart clenched. He wasn’t sure what was happening but he knew Hongbin did do something towards his wife.

“I know that look, Kris. I’m wondering as well, how can she suddenly forget about you? I didn’t do anything, though. I’m not lying,” he said innocently yet his smirked shown him the opposite thing. He must did do something on her, Kris thought. He was in daze when suddenly there were two men was grabbing his arms and held him in place.

“Take him out from here.”

Kris gritted his teeth as he shot a death glare towards the smirking man who was already walked away to somewhere that only God knows. Knowing that he couldn’t do anything anymore for now, Kris didn’t even try to struggle in the tight grip as he was taken away to the main entrance.

As the men pushed him out from the mansion, Kris fixed his clothes and gave the last glare towards them before turning away and walked to the gate, just across the garden. Seeing him walking alone like a lonely, sad wolf, his friends immediately approached him and held him gently.

“Wait, Kris….what happened?” asked Chanyeol as he checked the Kris’ face a bit, noting that there was no bruises at all as what they were expected.

“You guys didn’t have a fight? But why?” Baekhyun then took his turn to ask the sad guy, trying to think about the thing that had made the guy feels down without even fighting back the kidnapper of his wife. Aren’t two guys would fight for a girl who they love though? Then why Kris just gives up easily? Those thoughts would never leave their mind for a moment.

“I don’t know what to think anymore. Let’s just go back home and took a rest,” Kris said, waving his hand to dismiss them but when he was about to walk away again, Minseok was already there to hold him by the shoulder and stopped his movement right away. Of course Kris was annoyed. He was tired and mentally breakdown. He needed some times to think, not being pressure like that.

“Wait! Don’t you have to take your wife back?”

“Let’s go back home,” he muttered while gritting his teeth.

“You’ve gone this far! Is he too strong till you didn’t even have any gut to take Eunkyung back?”

“I said just go back home! Isn’t my words are clear yet?! Just leave me alone and go back home!” exclaimed Kris loudly, making the others flinched slightly.

It wasn’t like he was coward or something but he just need a space to calm himself down for a moment. If Eunkyung being all scared and scream for him to save her, he would do it without looking back. But the situation was totally different from what he had expected. Eunkyung didn’t even know him so how he wants to make her follow him back home? She seemed like she thinks Hongbin as her whole world now instead of him, her own husband. He needed to think of something. Maybe some ideas on how to bring Eunkyung back. Or think about how she can forget about him.

And so, he went back home just like that, leaving his friends dumbfounded there. Seeing Kris walked away just like that, they decided on leaving as well and wait for Kris’ next order on them. They still need to fetch Kyungsoo from his father’s office anyway.

That night, Hongbin couldn’t sleep at all thinking that Kris will come again to take Eunkyung away from him. He was scared somehow. He didn’t want to lose Eunkyung either. It strange but he loved her. As like an instinct, there was a soft knock on his door before the door was opened and the petite lady slowly stepped inside, flashing him a soft, sweet smile.

“You’re not sleep yet?” she asked softly, making Hongbin’s heart fluttered slightly.

“Not yet. Somehow, I’m not sleepy,” he said, letting out a soft chuckle afterwards as Eunkyung slowly walked to him and wrapped her arms around Hongbin’s waist.

“You’re scared actually, right? You’re worried that that guy might come again and steal me away from you, am I right?” the questions somehow did made Hongbin lost his smile and sighed softly.

“I’m right, then.”

“Uhh….Of course I’m worried, okay? You might leave…”

For the first time, Hongbin’s tone was like he’s seriously scared with it; he’s sincerely in love with Eunkyung that he was afraid with the fact that he didn’t deserve her.

“Hongbin, listen to me,” she started, placing her head against his chest before continued, “you don’t have to worry about anything, baby. You know that I’m yours, right? I won’t go to him. I love you after all.”

Hongbin felt guilty. He didn’t deserve that words or even her love. Yet his greed made him wrapped his arms around her and held her protectively like he wasn’t going to let her go.

“I love you, too. Don’t ever leave me, Eunkyung,” he said as he turned his head a b it and nuzzled his nose in Eunkyung’s hair, sniffing over her scent a bit.

“I won’t, I promise. Now, go to sleep. You need to take some rest, you know. You worked too hard these days.”

Hearing her concern, Hongbin can’t help it but to smile happily.

“Okay, I will.”

“Do you want me to accompany you?” she asked, making the guy blushed slightly and Eunkyung thought it was cute.

“No, it’s okay. Just go back to your room. You need your sleep as well.”

“Why are you still why with me? I’m your girlfriend already!” she laughed a bit as she pulled away and pet Hongbin’s face lightly.

“You’re blushing again. You’re so cute somehow.”

And there she went again, making him lost his words. Somehow, watching Hongbin in his flustered mode was really an interesting thing to do. But since she didn’t want to any longer, she just shrugged it off and walked away to the room’s door.

“I will see you at the dining room tomorrow, then?”

Hongbin blinked slightly before clearing his throat to regain his composure.

“Oh, sure! See you tomorrow, honey. Have a sweet dream.”

“I will because I’m going to dream about you,” she said, making the latter sigh in shy.

“Okay, okay! I’m going to stop now!” she then immediately left the room while laughing softly. Somehow, it was rare to see Hongbin being all shy and flustered like that despite of his cold and mean side so she enjoyed teasing him now.

And as for Hongbin, he didn’t think he would let Eunkyung go just like that now. She was too precious for him. Just too lovely in his heart.

 


It's short, isn't it. Sorry for that. It's short because I was in hurry while writing it. o u o;;
But I wrote it with the thought of my readers are waiting for me so I should reward them somehow. 
Btw, don't worry because chapter 18 would be up tomorrow! e u e 
And and and, I wanna ask, who likes Seventeen here?! *^* Shout out your bias name right away!
Mine is Wonwoo- omg askhdajsk! hehe sorry! c;