Chapter 9

A Curse Brought Us Together (On-Hold)

 

Sorry for the short chapter. I promise I will make a little bit long for the next chapter. D;

And, please ignore my grammar mistake. ^-^;;


 

Kris was doing his works when suddenly his phone rang. He picked it up.

“Hello?”

“Hello. Kris, can you come over our mansion early tomorrow?”

“For what, mom?” He pinched his nose bridge and listened to his mom.

“I’m going to have a banquet tomorrow so I want you to come tomorrow to help your father with the hall. I need Eunkyung to come with me to the saloon and boutique.” Kris sighed softly.

“Alright, mom.”

“Go sleep now!”

“Okay.” He then hung up the phone and texted you. He put down his phone after he read your massage. He got up and walked out from his room, heading to the kitchen. He was too tired with his works so he decided to take some drinks. He leaned to the counter and drink. He thought for awhile.

“Eunkyung painted something that day, right?” He put down his glass and walked up the stairs, heading to the painting room. He slowly got inside and walked around, looking for the painting. He then stopped at a painting with a white cloth on it, near the balcony. He slowly put away the clothes and looked at the painting. He widened his eyes. It was him!

“She painted……this? Myself?” Without he realize, a small smile formed on his face.

“Thanks, Eunkyung.” He muttered softly before he walked away from that painting and got out from that room. He stopped at the hallway and stared at the carving on the wall again. He still thinking about the carving.

“I must ask my mom later.”

The next morning, you were sitting on your bed with your eyes closed. You woke up early today because of Kris’s ordered. After you took your bath, you still feel tired so you decided to take a nap for awhile…….while sitting. Kris got into your room and saw you. He shook his head and approached you slowly. Without any care, he flicked your forehead hardly, making you gasp. You rubbed your forehead.

“It’s hurt, idiot.”

“I know, moron.” You glared at him and he just sticking out his tongue.

“Come on, we need to go now.”

“Already?!” You widened your eyes. You glanced at your clock.

“It’s still 8 am in the morning! Plus, I’m hungry!”

“We will have our breakfast at my parents’ house. Don’t worry.” He turned his heels and walked out from your room. You groaned and got up to fix your clothes. While you were fixing your hair, you heard Kris starting his car. You glanced down from your balcony and make a face.

“So fast.” You quickly grabbed your bag and ran out from the house. When you got into the car, you panted heavily.

“What’s wrong with you?”

“I’m scared that you will leave me so I run from my room till here.” Kris stared at you in disbelief.

“Idiot. I’m not going to leave you. My mom wants you to be there, remember?” He shook his head and started to drive the car while you just smiled, embarrassing with yourself.

When you guys arrived, Kris’s parents quickly invited you guys to have a breakfast. During the breakfast, Mrs. Wu asked something that make you and Kris choked.

“Mom! Why you asking us like that?” Kris asked and pinched his nose bridge while you just blushing madly.

“What? You’re my only son. Just you who can give us a grandchild!”

“Hurm, mom. Can you wait? We’re not ready yet.” You said softly, trying to calm down your mother-in-law. She sighed.

“Fine. But I’m still waiting. Do you understand, Kris?” His mom glared at him, making he sigh.

“Fine! Whatever…”

“Good. Eunkyung, accompany me to the saloon and boutique okay? When you’re done eating, we will get going?” You smiled and wiped your mouth.

“I’m done, mom.”

“Okay. Let’s go.” You nodded and got up from your seat. You glanced at Kris for awhile before following your mother-in-law.

“Okay, Kris. We’re going to do our works. Come on.” Kris sighed a little.

“Fine.” He watched you till you disappear behind the door before he makes his way to follows his father.

At the saloon, Mrs. Wu asked the girl to make you look more beautiful for the banquet. She wants to introduce you to her fellow rich friends. The girl obeyed her and started applying some light yet beautiful make-up on your face. When she’s doing your hair, Mrs. Wu who sat beside you, asked you something.

“Eunkyung….He didn’t sleep with you, right?” You froze for awhile before clearing your throat.

“How did you know, mom?”

“He’s my son, dear. I know him too well. But there’s something I need you to know.”

“What is it, mom?”

“Since he was little kid, he never got a good sleep at night. If one day you start to share a same bed with him, I hope you can understand his condition. Or maybe you could make him feel better.” You frowned.

“What do you mean, mom? His condition?”

“You’ll know someday.” You turned back to the mirror in front of you and think for awhile. Your mother-in-law’s words make you felt curious. You had stare at the mirror and think for a long time till you didn’t realize that your hair already done. Mrs. Wu got up and walked to you. She caressed your hair a little.

“Don’t think too much dear. Now come on. We have to go to the boutique for our dresses!” You looked up at her and chuckled.

“Alright, mom.” You got up then followed your mother-in-law.

Meanwhile at the Wu’s mansion, Kris was walking around the hall, checking all the things. He sighed and groaned softly. He kept checking his watch till his father felt annoying with him.

“Do you miss her?” Mr. Wu asked and squinted his eyes at him.

“Nope.” Without looking at his father, he replied coldly.

“Then?”

“Just thinking, when this banquet will start.”

“When this banquet will start so she will come back?” His father attacked him back, making him speechless.

“…….Urgh. Whatever.” He then walked away, leaving his father alone.

“You miss her, son!”

“Whatever!”

“Your clothes and suit is ready in your room! Go prepare now!” His father shouted at him from far.

“Whate----Oh okay!” He face-palmed and walked away to his room. When he got into his room, he saw his clothes and his suit on his bed. He grabbed his towel and rushed to the bathroom. He took a long bath so he can waste his time.

When he’s done with his bath, he got out and approached his mirror. He wore his clothes and fixed his hair. He heard a knock and saw you at the door. He turned around and looked at you from head to toes. You were wearing a soft purple gown.

“You’re beautiful.” He lowered his ego and said it. You blinked for awhile and smiled softly.

“Thanks.” You approached him and took his necktie from the mirror table. You tied his necktie around him neatly. He looked down at you and stared at your face. You looked up at him and froze. You guys stared in each other eyes till you guys heard a knock. Kris cleared his throat while you just turned around and bowed.

“Yes, mom?” Kris asked with his poker face.

“My friends are already here. Your parents too, Eunkyung. Now let’s go. Come with me, Eunkyung.” She said and when she about to walk away, Kris stopped her.

“It’s okay, mom. You go first. I’ll bring Eunkyung with me.” His mom smiled and slowly turned to face him.

“Good. That’s better.” She walked away and left you guys alone.

“Come on, let’s go now.”

“Okay.” You was about to walk away when suddenly Kris grabbed your arm and linked it with his arm. He then walked out from his room with you, heading to the hall. When you guys got into the hall, all people turned at you guys. They all were smiling except EXO of course, who had their smirk on. You and Kris then walked to your parents and Kris’s parents. You hugged your mother tightly.

“How’s your marriage?” your mother asked you. You slightly glanced at Kris. He was talking with your father. He turned to you and smiled at you before he turned back to your father. You turned to your mother and smiled.

“It was great, mom.”

“I’m happy to know that. Good then if you’re happy with him.” She rubbed your arms softly. Suddenly, your mother-in-law approached and pulled you to follow her. She introduced you to all her friends.

Kris glanced at you and without he realize, again, he smiled. Suho walked to him and looked at you.

“Since when?” Kris slightly turned to Suho before he looked back at you. He shook his head.

“I don’t know. Maybe when……”

 


._.