Chapter 8

A Curse Brought Us Together (On-Hold)

The next morning, you woke up by a loud noise outside your windows. You got up and open the balcony’s door. You walked out and saw your brother’s friends at the basketball court.

“EXO-K! EXO-M! Hwaiting!” You frowned,

“EXO?” You then shrugged and sat on the couch at the balcony. You watched them played. You looked around and noticed your brother and Lay were not there with them. Your eyes stopped on Kris. He was smiling brightly while playing the basketball. It was sincere and warm. A smile that he never show you.

“Wow….He’s smile…” You blinked a little, amazed with his smile. Suddenly, he saw you and his smile automatically gone. You blinked again. Your heart broke when you realize that he didn’t even want to smile at you. You sighed a little.

“Eunkyung!” Suddenly you saw someone called for you. It was Chanyeol. He was smiling and waving happily at you. You smiled back and waved at him.

“You already woke up? How’s your sleep?” Luhan asked you while smiling softly. Kris stared at Luhan.

“Yeah! It was great.”

“Nobody disturb you?”

“Huh? No….Why?” You asked him back while frowning.

“Nobody screaming like a crazy in your ears?” You felt a little weird about him.

“No… I didn’t hear anything. Why, oppa?”

“Ah~~ Nothing. I heard this house was creepy. I just want to make sure. And one more question I want to ask……Why you sleep in the guest room?” He lips curved a little. Kris kept staring at him while you just looked around to find an answer. Noticing you like that, Kris quickly broke the ice.

“Well urm, Eunkyung. Can you help D.O and Lay at the kitchen?”

“O-Oh! Sure! I’ll go first. Bye!” You said then ran to the kitchen. Luhan smirked then turned to face Kris.

“Tell me…..How’s your first night?”

“Shut up, Luhan. It’s about my marriage. About that ‘thing’, we have to keep it in our own bed, right?” Kris said calmly. Luhan smirked for awhile before he burst into laugh.

“I’m just joking! Omg….We all understand, Kris. It’s an arranged marriage which you have to marry a girl who you don’t even love. Of course it’s awkward to sleep in a same bed.” He said then nudged Kris’s tummy. His face started to turn red. All of them laughed because of his red face.

“I’m very sure, Kris. One day you will fall for your wife.”

“Oh stop it. I’ll not gonna fall for her.” He glared at Suho who grinned at him. Suho raised his brows.

“Really? Just wait and see then…..”

 


 

“Oppa!” You ran to your brother and back hug him tightly. Your brother who was cooking, jumped a little in shock. Lay just chuckled, watching you and your brother. He loved to watch how close your relationship with your brother.

“Oppa, I miss you…” You muttered on his back. He chuckled a little.

“Mrs. Wu, I thought we just met yesterday at your wedding?” He then served the food on a plate. You pouted slightly. He turned around and hugged you back gently.

“Hmm?” He raised his brows at you.

“But we didn’t talk that much like before.” He shook his head then patted your head slightly.

“Wu Eunkyung! You’re already for married, okay? You’re not my little girl anymore. We can meet every day but remember, don’t let Kris know that I’m your brother. Understand?” You sighed a little then nodded before you hugged him tightly. Lay hummed softly.

“Hmm…Eunkyung. What if suddenly Kris got here and see you hug---”

“Do Kyungsoo, why are you hugging my wife?” Kris suddenly popped in and cut off Lay’s word.

“God bless him.” Lay muttered softly then walked away with 2 plates in his hands. D.O slowly released you and raised his brows at Kris.

“Why can’t I?”

“Because she’s my wife and that make she’s only mine.”

“Since when you care about she’s being yours?” He stepped forward and hid you behind his small body. Kris raised his brows.

“Why do you so protective over her?”

“Why do you care about it?”

They both keep fighting and fighting with their words. You sighed softly as you start to feel dizzy. You glanced at the doorway and saw Suho with his worried face. You quietly walked away from them and got into Suho’s embrace. He caressed your hair softly.

“Are you okay?” He asked and you just nodded softly. You glanced at Kris and met his eyes. He squinted his eyes a little before cold said, “Fine! Just hug her as much as you guys want! I don’t even care! Not at all!” He then walked pass you and slightly glared at you before he makes his way to the dining room. His ‘I don’t even care’ words kept lingering in your mind and make your head felt more hurt. You sighed softly before excused yourself.

“I’m sorry, Kyungsoo Oppa. Suho Oppa. I lost my appetite already. I want to take a rest for awhile.” You quickly walked away faster, leaving Suho and D.O dumbfounded. You got into your room and slammed the door, making the others who in the dining room jumped a little. You sat on your bed and sighed heavily.

Truthfully, you didn’t even know why you felt hurt when he said he didn’t even care about you. It’s not like you love him or what but you can’t avoid from getting hurt. You hurt on his words. You hurt on the way he treated you. Everything he did will just hurting your heart. This is not what you want as a wife. You want some attentions. Since you’re a kid, you had been dreaming to get married with someone that you love. With someone that can give you his attention and love every day. Someone that will care about you forever. You still have those dreams till your parents broke it into pieces. Kris is not like what you want. He didn’t love or care about you. His attention never goes to you. You hate your parents for making you marry him. You lay down and cried softly on your pillow. Soon, you fell asleep with your tears.

 


 

You woke up due to a loud knock on your room’s door. You groaned and kicked your blanket.

“Just get in! I didn’t even lock the door!” You shouted as you thought it was your brother. The guy got in with a tray of some foods and a glass of juice in his hands. He walked to the bed and put the tray on the nightstand.

“Here. Eat something. You didn’t even take your breakfast earlier.” He said softly. You widened your eyes, thinking how soft his voice can be.

“I’m dreaming right?” Kris rolled his eyes and stretched his hand to pinch your cheek.

“You’re not. Just be grateful that I’m care about you right now. Now eat. I’m going to take you out.” You blinked your eyes and froze at your spot. You head his footsteps slowly fade away and the sound of the door closing. You turned around and saw the tray. You sighed as you felt confuse with him. Your eyes traveled to a letter on the tray. You raised your brows and took the letter. You read it slowly.

‘Well, I’m sorry if my words hurt you. The others left earlier and I’m thinking to take you out. Just eat fast and get ready. I’m waiting you at the living room.’

His letter makes you smiled softly. You quickly eat the foods that Kris gave you just now. After you done, you walked to your bathroom and took a short bath. You chose a small jean shorts and a t-shirt. You wore a simple and soft make-up which suit with your fair skin. You tied your hair up into a small, simple bun. You then fixed your bang a little before you looked at yourself in the mirror.

“Perfect.” You grabbed your handbag and got out from your room, heading to downstairs. You got into the living room and met Kris.

“I’m done.” Kris turned his head to you before he got up. You looked at him from head to toes. He was wearing a jean with a simple white shirt and a black jacket.

“Don’t look at me like that. I know I’m handsome.” He said, making you roll your eyes.

“So full of yourself.”

“Whatever. Let’s go.” He then grabbed his car key and walked out from the house, heading to his car. You followed him quickly.

“Yah! Wait for me! You’re too fast!” You cried. He raised his brows at you.

“I’m too fast or you who too slow?” He smirked while you just make a face at him.

“Whatever.” You muttered softly and locked the door. You ran to Kris’s car and got inside. Kris started the car engines and drove to the theme park. He was driving to fast till you felt you want to vomit. You held your seatbelt tightly as you feel like you guys will have an accident later. You sighed in relief when you guys safely arrived at the theme park. You quickly got out from the car and took a deep breath. Kris got out too and locked the door. He approached you with his evil grin. You turned to him and glared at him.

“Do you want to kill me?”

“If I want to kill you, I’m not going to use this way because I will kill myself too.”

“Then?”

“I’m used to it.” He shrugged and got into the theme park. You stomped your feet, annoying. You followed him quietly.

“Do you want to go to the Haunted House?” Kris turned to you and asked you. You widened your eyes and gulped hardly with the thought of you going inside the Haunted House.

“C-Can we go to somewhere else?”

“No, because I want to go there.” He said while staring at the Haunted house.

“Then go alone!”

“You must accompany me.” You squinted your eyes at him.

“Why?”

“You want to stay here alone and then the ghost man comes to kidnap you? You want?” He makes a scary face and leaned his face to you. You blinked for awhile.

“Okay, no. I will follow you.”

“Okay, good. Let’s go.” He pulled you and got inside the Haunted House. It was worst day ever for you. Along the way, you kept jumping and screaming while Kris just looked at you and laughed hardly. At the middle of the way, you stopped walking and held your chest. You cried softly. Kris stared at you and blinked.

“Why? What’s wrong?” You looked up at him with tears on your face. He froze.

“I can’t hold this anymore. I’m too scared! Don’t ever bring me to this place ever again. I want to go home.” You continued to cry. Kris scratched his head and sighed.

“Look….I’m sorry. Come on. Let’s go out.” He grabbed your arm to make you stand up and pulled you to his embrace. You froze and your heart skipped a beat when he hugged you tightly and protectively. He walked with you in his arms and got out from there. He brought you to a bench and makes you to sit down.

“Wait here. I will buy some ice-creams for us.” You nodded and watched he walk away. You sighed and held your chest again

“I’m not in love, right? Please, Eunkyung. You can’t fall for him.” You sighed again and wiped your tears. You watched him from far and saw he was smiling at a little kid. You smiled softly.

“Why can’t you smile like that for me?” you quickly looked away when you saw Kris walking back at you. He handed you an ice-cream and you gladly took it. He then sat beside. You guys ate the ice-cream silently. Suddenly, you saw a guy looking at your exposed legs from far. He had a naughty grin on his face. You shifted uncomfortably and Kris realized it. He looked around and spotted that guy. He cleared his throat and took of his jacket, putting it on your legs. He glanced at the guy and saw that guy make a face, annoying. He smirked, leaning closer to you and put his left arm on your legs while eating his ice-cream innocently. You can’t help yourself from smiling widely there.

 


 

That night, you were lays down in your bed while thinking about what happened that afternoon. You kept smiling and sometimes you felt annoying with yourself.

“You fall in love, Eunkyung. You already fell for him. I’m in love. Aish!” You pulled your blanket and tried to sleep even it just 8:30 in the night. Suddenly your phone vibrates. You looked at your phone and read the massage.

[8:32 pm] Sleep early tonight. My mom said she’s going to have a banquet tomorrow. We must go early tomorrow to help her.

You scrunched your nose and replied.

[8:34 pm] Alright. I’m going to sleep now.

You threw your phone away and sleep.

 


 

I'm finally back!! xD I missed you guys, subbies. Oh yeah, tonight, my brothers will going to my home. They will stay over here with their wives so I'm not gonna update my fanfics for 3-4 days. I will update chapter 9 and 10 on Oct 17. :3 

And don't forget to comment later! ^^

p/s ignore my grammar mistakes ^^;;