Chapter 10

A Curse Brought Us Together (On-Hold)

 

Sorry if I make any mistakes. I'm in hurry. D;

 


 

“Maybe when I saw her painting?”

“Her painting?” Suho frowned slightly whil Kris just nodded softly.

“Yeah. She painted me.”

“Wow. That’s cool. She can catch your heart just by a painting.”

“But it’s not a simple painting. It’s a special. It’s not being create because she wants to attract me but it’s being create because she’s sincere with it. I feel like---”

“You’re her inspiration. And it was a honor for you.” Suho smiled widely when Kris nodded a little to his responds.

“I told you. You will fall for her.”

“Don’t tell anyone.”

“Including those 10 wolves?” Suho pointed to their members. Kris turned to them and his face completely changes. It was priceless and he was speechless. Suho raised his brows and turned to them.

“Oh my god. Wait a minute, I will handle them!” Kris watched Suho walked to them and handle all his dongsaengs from messing up the banquet.

“Well that’s normal.” He muttered and laughed alone.

“Kris, can you come here for awhile?” Suddenly, his mother called for him. He walked to his mother and stood beside you.

“Yes, mom?”

“My friend, Mrs. Cha wants to sponsor you for a honeymoon.” His mom said happily.

“……What? Honeymoon?” You blinked.

“Honeymoon? That’s a good idea!” Kris said and smiled at his mother. You widened your eyes and turned to him. He turned to you and sticks out his tongue.

“Right, honey?” You rolled your eyes and quickly smile at your mother-in-law and Mrs. Cha.

“Yes, mom. Mrs. Cha.”

“Good then! I will settle everything! Ticket for plane, hotel, food and everything. Don’t worry. You must prepare before this Friday, okay.” You and Kris blinked and looked at each other for awhile before nodding softly.

“O-Okay.”

 


 

That night after the banquet was already over, your mother-in-law asked you and Kris to stay over for a night. After you guys done taking a bath, you guys awkwardly sitting on the bed.

“Let’s go out for awhile.” Kris finally spoke to break the ice.

“What? Are you crazy? It’s 9:30 in the night!” You slightly glared at him.

“Just for awhile, please. Accompany me. What if someone kidnap and kill m---”

“Okay, fine! Let’s go!” You groaned and got up from your bed. You fixed your hair and grabbed your handbag. Kris grinned and got up. He really felt boring to stay at home. You guys walked out quietly without your parents-in-law know it. Kris quickly started the engines and drove faster. Once again, you felt like you’re going to die soon. When you guys arrived, you quickly got out and looked around. It was a park.

“What are we doing here, actually?”

“When I’m bored, I always take a walk here.”

“Oh….I see. Let’s go?” You turned to look at him and he nodded. He approached you and held your hand. He then pulled you to walk with him. You guys were walking hand in hand when suddenly you saw a fortune teller.

“Kris. Can we go there?” He looked at the fortune teller and shook his head.

“No! Don’t believe anything like that.” You pouted a little and continued to walk. Suddenly, the fortune teller stopped you guys.

“Young guy. You have a curse in you, aren’t you?” Kris turned to her and squinted his eyes.

“No. You’re talking nonsense.” He quickly walk away, leaving you alone. You stood in front of the fortune teller.

“A curse? What do you mean?”

“Who are you for him, young lady?”

“I’m his wife.” She looked at your face for awhile like she was reading her face.

“Your name?”

“Do Eunkyung.” Once again, she kept silent for awhile.

“Does your husband surname is Wu?” You widened your eyes before nodding a little. The fortune teller smiled softly.

“Take care of him and he will be fine.”

“……Madam. Can you tell me about his curse?”

“Sure.”

 


 

Kris looked around and searched for you.

“Aish! Where is she?” He then gave up and sat on a bench. He sighed heavily.

‘You have a curse in you, aren’t you?’ That fortune teller’s words kept replaying in his mind. He shook his head hardly.

“How she know about it?”

“She’s a fortune teller, isn’t it?” You spoke from behind him, making he jumped a little.

“Isn’t a fortune teller supposed to talk about our luck or our future?”

“Isn’t a curse is a part of a luck too? And if the curse still with you, isn’t it involve your future too?” You sat beside him and stared at the skies. Kris stayed quiet for awhile.

“…..You make a sense.”

“I know right?” You nodded and grinned. You yawned softly.

“Are you sleepy? Let’s go home then.” Kris got up and turned to you. You nodded softly.

“Yeah, let’s go.” He offered his hand and you gladly took it and held it. You got up and walked with him to his car.

 


 

That night, you were too sleepy so you got in the bed first. When you were sleeping, suddenly you heard Kris groaning. You got up and saw he sleeping on the sofa. He groaned and frowned like he was having a nightmare. You sighed a little as you suddenly remembered about what the fortune teller said.

 

 

“He had a curse that make he can’t sleep at all.

“How can that be? Can you tell me completely?” You frowned. She nodded softly.

“A long time ago, there was a couple who loves each other very much. But, people don’t like their relationships and the people want to separate them. There’s a boy who also love that girl. Because of jealousy, he decided to kill her boyfriend. He thought he can get that girl if he kills that guy but no, he was wrong. That girl killed herself in front of all people. Before she dies, she once said, ‘I swear for my 7th generation, a guy from my family and a girl from my boyfriend’s family will get together and love each other! And nobody can separate them! I swear, if they’re not together, my 7th generation will never have a good and proper life till his meet his true one. The girl from my boyfriend’s family!’. You get it now, young lady?” You widened your eyes and gasped.

“T-that’s mean…..I’m from that guy’s family?” The fortune teller nodded.

“Yes…Are you good in painting?” You blinked and nodded.

“How did you know?”

“Because that guy loves to paint too. Your very great grandfather.” You sighed and clenched your fists.

“Improper life? He got an improper sleep though.”

“Yes. His sleep will give his life an effect. Right?”

“Yeah you’re right.”

“Then stay with him. Comfort him and I’m sure, soon, his nightmare will gone.” You nodded and kept her words.

 

 

You got up from your bed and approached Kris. You sat on the floor beside the sofa. You then stretched your hands to caress his face. You slightly wiped his sweats.

“Hey, don’t worry. I’m here for you. Calm down. It’s okay.” You kept caressing his hair and face and soon, he stopped groaning. You smiled softly.

“Looks like I’m your true one. Sleep well.” You muttered softly. You held his hand and tried to sleep while you sat on the floor.

 


 

The sun ray passed through the window, making Kris groaned softly. He blocked the ray with his hand.

“What a good sleep. I’m never feel fresh like this.” He yawned a little and sat up. He looked around, searching for you but you’re not there. He got up from the sofa and stretched his body. Suddenly, the door was opened, making he jumped a little.

“Oh. It’s just you.” He sighed a little, looking at you.

“Yep. Just me. Here, I bring you some breakfast. Mom and Dad need to go for their business.” You said, walking in the room and put the tray on a small table near the balcony. Kris approached you and sat on a chair. He looked up at you.

“Did I…..disturb your sleep yesterday?” You turned to him and smiled softly.

“Nope. Not at all. Can I request you something?”

“What is it?”

“Next time, can you please sleep with me?” You asked him and he frowned.

“Why?”

“Nothing. Just sleep with me. Please?” Kris thought for awhile and nodded.

“Okay, then.” He then ate his breakfast.

“We’re going to EXO’s mansion later. Make sure you’re not too close with Kyungsoo or Suho or Lay or whoever.” you looked at him and raised your brows.

“Why? Are you jealous?”

“I don’t have any time to be jealous at you.” He said without looking at you.

“Then?”

“Nothing. Just don’t be too close to them. You’re my wife, not them. Understand?”

“Yes, I understand.” You nodded softly and walked away to your mirror table to apply your make-up. Kris wiped his mouth ang ogt up.

“I will take my bath first.”

“Hmkay.” He grabbed his towel and got into the bathroom. You got up and walked to the table to take the tray. You glanced at the bathroom. You felt weird with Kris. He was change. He’s different from before. He’s more calms and his words didn’t hurt you anymore. You shrugged then brought the tray to the kitchen.

 

 

At EXO’s mansion, it was so messed up till Suho can’t do anything to handle them.

“Sehun! Kai! Stop running around the house, please! You guys’ not a little kid anymore! Xiumin, I will buy more buns later so don’t fight with Chen! BaekYeol, please! Not here. Get into your room now.” Suho cried loudly but nobody care with it. Suho turned to Luhan.

“I’m trying, Suho. Lay, please help us too. Do something!” Luhan who was trying to calm down his Sehun, cried at Lay. Lay just looked at him with blanked face.

“…….but…..What should I do?”

“Just do anything!” Luhan cried again.

“Suho hyung! I want Gucci! Hyung!” Tao came out from his room and searched for Suho. Suho sighed heavily.

“What with this mess?” Suddenly, a strong voice boomed in their house. All of them turned to the owner of the voice.

“Kris hyung! Help me!” Suho said to him while holding Xiumin from chasing Chen. Kris shook his head.

“Sehun, Kai. Get into your room now. You guys too, BaekYeol. Xiumin, you’re the eldest right? Then act like you’re the eldest one. Tao, I will buy you that Gucci, but this is the last time. I have my own wife. I need to buy things for her too. Understand?!”

“Yes!” They said in unison and got into their own room. He then sighed heavily. Suho approached him while Lay pulled you to the kitchen to meet D.O.

“Thanks, Kris.”

“You’re welcome.”

“It’s hard without you now, Kris.” Luhan sighed and walked away to his room.

“Let him rest. He always helps me. He must be really tired now.” Suho said, glancing at Luhan’s room. Kris nodded. Sometime, he felt worried with his group. Without him, he didn’t know what will happen. He felt worried for Suho who have to take care of them without him.

“Oh. How’s your condition now?”

“About what?” He looked at Suho innocently. Suho rolled his eyes.

“Your sleep.”

“Oh…I don’t know. You know what, I have a good sleep yesterday.” Suho blinked at him and smiled.

“Seriously?! That’s good! You know how it can be?”

“Hurm….no.”

 


 

You slowly walked to D.O and back-hug him. D.O jumped a little and glanced at you.

“Yah. This is the second time you back-hug me when I’m cooking.” He served his dish and gave it to Lay.

“Please put this at the dining room.”

“Okay.” D.O then turned to you and smiled a little.

“How are you today?”

“I’m fine. How about you?”

“I’m good. Just a little worried.” You leaned to the kitchen counter and raised your brows.

“What’s wrong?”

“Listen carefully, okay?”

“Okay.”

“Mom told me something this morning. She said, someone had blackmail our father. That people said, they will kidnap you or me if father don’t want to approve their project with our company.” You gasped at his story. You started to feel worried with it.

“How can that be? What should we do now?”

“I don’t know. Just take care of yourself now, okay? Tell Kris about this.” He pulled you and hugged you tightly. He really felt worried. He really hopes that he’s the one who will get kidnap.