Typical Choi Junhong

The Song Jieun Murder Case

 

“But Ms. Han— hello?” Detective Choi stared at his phone.

“I’m home,” Junhong came in casually.

“Oh, what took you so long?” he asked from the kitchen.

“Nothing just—“

“What happened to your lips?” Mr. Choi immediately came beside his son. Zelo tried to hide it but his father grabbed his hand away from it.

Mr. Choi scanned the bruise lips and reddened chin of Junhong. He didn’t have to think twice. He’s son has been in a fight. Again.

 

 

“Mind telling me how you get that bruise?” Mr. Choi started while in the dining table.

Zelo sighed. “I was just trying—“

“Trying to help? Who? Jongup? Your so-called Starcraft buddies? Choi Junhong! How many times—“

“I was trying to help that Ajumma! Geez, dad! You want me to explain but then you cut me off all the time. How can you possibly understand me!?” Junhong suddenly snap.

His father was quiet for a moment.

“Fine. Tell me in full detail. I won’t interrupt you,” his father sighed.

“She was getting harassed. I couldn’t take seeing someone getting hurt, dad. You know that. I don’t wanna see anyone hurting right in front of me,” Zelo looked at his father. Zelo’s words made his father soften. He knew exactly what his son meant.

“Of course I know son. It’s just that you should be careful,” his father tried to calm him down. Junhong’s face was reddening from anger in remembering what happened to that poor old lady.

“We should be careful now Junhong-ah,” his father said solemnly.

Zelo tore his gaze from the table to his father.

“What do you mean?”

His father was quiet for awhile. He couldn’t look at Junhong in the eye. The thought of his son remembering the incident was just too much for a father like him to handle.

“I have a new case to handle,” he said without looking at Zelo.

“That’s good news,” Zelo said bitterly. ‘Then I can do whatever I want for a week or two,’

“Stay out of trouble, Zelo.” his father said seriously.

Junhong looked at him. It’s not often for his dad to call him that. It was a name his mother gave him to show affection. But when his father says it, it seemed a bit off. But nonetheless, it was nice to hear every once in a while.

 

 

Woosik slowly opened the door to his son’s room. Junhong had his eyes closed, his breathing was calm and his face was peaceful. He carefully sat on the edge of the bed, looking as his son drifts off to dreamland.

“This case might take a while. It’s too unpredictable, Junhong-ah. But it has to end before we get involved,” he sighed and brushed off the hair off Junhong’s closed eyes.

“If only we weren’t involved in the first place, this would be a lot easier,” he stood up and pulled the covers up to Junhong’s shoulder.

 

As the door closes, Junhong opens his eyes slowly.

“Involved in what?” he whispered.

 

~*~

 

“Hey, where’s Zelo?” Youngjae opened the door for the two.

“He’s having dinner with his dad,” Jongup smiled at his hyung then headed for the sofa.

“Really? That’s new,” Youngjae chuckled.

“Put this on your hand, Jongup,” Daehyun suddenly appeared from the kitchen with a pack of ice.

“What’s that for?” Youngjae pointed to the ice pack.

“For this,” Jongup raised his right knuckle at Youngjae.

“Whoa. Did the both of you go for a brawl before going here? How about you Daehyun? Are you hurt too?” Youngjae had his eyes wide in shock and worry.

Daehyun just shook his head, “The two of them just had the guts to fight for somebody,”

“Mostly that was just Junhong,” Jongup reminded.

Youngjae smirked. “Let me guess. He was just trying to help again?”

The two nodded.

Youngjae smirked. “The typical protective Choi Junhong.”

 

~*~

 

Hyosung rings the doorbell at her doorstep.

“Unnie I’m hungry!” Hyomin opened the door for Hyosung with a pout on her lips.

“Haha. I know. C’mon, I brought your favourite McDonald’s!” the two headed for the kitchen and settled for dinner.

 

“Unnie, can I ask you something?” Hyomin said while continuously blinking her eyes.

“Sure,”

“Mail comes in on weekends right?” Hyomin asked. Her curious expression made Hyosung smile.

“Yup. Mostly during Sundays,” she answered.

Hyomin’s expression suddenly turned in to confusion.

“What’s wrong?” Hyosung asked.

“A mail came in a while ago,” hyomin stood up and went to the table counter. “The mailman said to give this to you,”

She handed Hyosung a black envelop.

 

Hyosung stared at it. Something about it made her nervous in a weird way. ‘Probably because of its color.’ She thought. There was nothing written on the envelop. Making it more intriguing and scary.

“I got confused when that came because I remember receiving letters from dad on weekends,” Hyomin started, “But the man said it’s something special,”

Hyosung raised her eyebrow. ‘Special?’

“Who is it from unnie?” hyomin tilted her head but Hyosung just smiled at her.

“Doesn’t say. I’ll know when I open it,” Hyosung assured the younger. She hid the letter back on her jacket.

 

 

After dinner, Hyosung tucked Hyomin to bed.

“Unnie, are you leaving again tomorrow?” hyomin asked half asleep.

“Yeah. I have to go meet up with my friend Sunhwa,” Hyosung emphasized the word ‘friend’ sarcastically.

“Unnie…” hyomin called. “What?”

“You told me to be friends with nice kids,” Hyomin looked at her sister who looked tired.

Hyosung nodded.

“But how come you’re friends with someone who’s not nice?” hyomin asked innocently.

Hyosung sighed. “There are a lot of things 10-year-olds don’t know and shouldn’t know based on their age,”

 

Hyosung closed the door behind her. She took off her jacket and placed it by the hanger then lay on the bed.

‘Another tiring day tomorrow,’ she noted then drifted to sleep.

 

------

[A/N] There's alot more coming.. Sorry if it's late and kinda boring :))