Not the Same Letter

The Song Jieun Murder Case

[A/N] I don't know if this chapter is gonna help you with anything. I just wanted to update since I've been very busy and I suddenly had a writer's block XD ENJOY~

 

~*~

 

Junhong takes out his phone from his jacket.

He stares at it for a while and sighs. A frown forms on his lips as he sees no calls or even messages from his father. He dials his father’s number but ended up leaving a voicemail.

“Hey Dad. What’s up? You haven’t called for like a week now. Oh well. I guess you’re just busy. I’m on my way to Daehyun hyung’s. I left my book there…”

He paused but didn’t turn it off. Instead, a smile crept up his face.

“And Dad… good luck! We have dinner afterwards remember?” he chuckles and puts down the phone.

Right as he turns it off, something in him kicked in.

A feeling of uneasiness came to him. ‘Something doesn’t seem right…’

Still, he shrugs it off.

 

Daehyun patiently waits for Junhong in his room. His eyes still focused on the letter he found inside Junhong’s book.

He takes it in his hands, eyeing it for the nth time. ‘It’s already been opened…’

He bites his lip, hesitating on the next thing he’s going to do.

 

A few more moments, Daehyun’s reading the letter.

As he does, his eyebrows were knitted together but as he finishes, he breathes out a deep sigh.

‘It’s not the same letter that I received…’

He folds the letter back to its original form and places it back in between the pages of the book. He sighs, ‘But what is this? A hate mail?’

 

 

 

 

“Is Hana on her way?” detective Choi asked as he keeps his eyes on the road.

“Yes sir. She should be there before we can. But sir… how can you be so sure that Ms. Han Sunhwa is really in danger?” Sungjong asked curiously. He’s been watching his sunbae the whole time and he couldn’t help but notice the elder’s strong belief over what seems to be just a guess. I mean, what Sunhwa received was just a mere threat right? It’s just meant to scare her, not really kill her, he thought.

The detective smirked. “When you get used to this kind of situations, you’ll get a gut feeling that something’s gonna happen. And you can’t just ignore it…”

The younger nodded. In just a second, the detective’s phone rang.

Zelo calling…

“Sir…” Sungjong pointed to his phone but the detective just glimpse at it.

“Leave it…” he said, his eyes not leaving the road.

“But it’s your son. You haven’t gone home for awhile sir—“

“At this situations, leave every emotion behind.” He stated coldly. The younger stared at him both in disbelief and agreement.

Instead of arguing back, the younger just pressed loudspeaker.

“Hey Dad. What’s up? You haven’t called for like a week now. Oh well. I guess you’re just busy. I’m on my way to Daehyun hyung’s. I left my book there…And Dad… good luck! We have dinner afterwards remember?”

For a second, Sungjong saw the detective’s expression soften. He grinned at this while the detective tightened his grip on the wheel.

‘Yes I promise…’ the detective closed his eyes for just a second and carried on.

 

 

 

Junhong made his way through the street while fixing his jacket. The sun was setting, making some parts of the street go dark. The road wasn’t busy as just a one or two cars pass by. Focusing his thoughts on his phone, he carelessly crosses the road.

‘Still no reply…’ he thought as he sees his phone. ‘It’s not like Dad to not call even for just a minute or two…’

He sighs. ‘I can’t believe I’m missing my Dad all of a sudden. It’s not like it’s his first time not being home for a long period of time…’

Just then, a flash of light comes on his view.

He stops on his tracks, looking as to what made the light.

And as fast as he could, he dodged the car approaching. He ends up rolling over the road, his eyes shut and heart beat as fast as the car that almost hit him. The car stopped on its tracks, the driver shaking in fear as the thought of her almost killing someone.

“…” Junhong clenched his chest and breathes in. His knees were shaking as he stood up slowly, his eyes not leaving the familiar car that almost crashed him to death.

‘A police car? Dad…?’ he straightened up as the thought of his father came into him. He approached the car that was a few meters away.

But disappointment came over him when he saw a figure got off the driver’s seat.

“Oh my gosh! Are you alright!? I’m so sorry—Junhong!?”

“Hana noona…”