Plans

Dance With Me

fancy-horz.jpg

Min's patience has been running dry throughout the past couple of days. First, she knows she's been falling behind school work even though it's only the beginning of the year. Second, she has to deal with a crabby dance teacher who's been pissing her off ever since she first met him. Although it may be Friday, it certainly didn't feel like one, because her next dance practice with Kai is tonight, and while Min has to deal with him, Dara on the other hand, is the lucky one that doesn't have any sort of practice on Friday.

The morning classes were fine and were as usual, uninteresting for her, but when Min entered her final morning class her Physics teacher stopped her from going inside and asked her to stay outside for a moment to speak to her personally.

"Is there a problem Mr. Lee?" she asked.

"I'm sorry to say Min, but you are failing this semester, you've been doing terrible on your exams, no kind of participation, I'm still not sure why you got a recommendation letter from SM to put you in this class," he explained scratching his head disappointed. Min could definitely agree on that and would gladly quit this class, but taking as many honor classes as she can be part of the deal with her mom, in order to sign the contract. If her mom were to find out she was already failing one of her classes, it would definitely make her change her mind about letting Jung-ah being an idol.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Lee, I'll start doing better for next semester," she promised shyly bowing. She hoped that Mr. Kim wouldn't demote her to the regular classes, and then he would have to advise her mom that she's been put into a regular class.

"Since it is the first semester, I'll give you another chance, but I suggest you find a tutor or come to me after school to catch up with the work if you don't want to be kicked out of this class," he warned sternly. Min wasn't quite sure how she was going to catch up and study because she didn't even write notes, and the textbooks she bought were no help at all, but for now, she was relieved that she had another chance

"Thank you so much Mr. Lee!" she thanked quickly bowing 90 degrees and shuffled back inside the classroom to take her seat.


"You're what!" Dara and Hayi exclaimed then Min quickly covered both of their mouths.

"Shh you too! Can't you just keep it down, this doesn't need to be a scandal or anything," Min whispered, then stopped covering their mouths.

"Mianhae, it was just something so unexpected, I thought you'd be very organized with school because you always came prepared when we were doing singing classes together a couple months ago," Dara apologized. She gestured to Min and Hayi that she was going to buy lunch and exited the table. Min and Hayi already had homemade lunches so they stayed.

"So, how do you think you're going to catch up?" Hayi asked. Min was still unsure on exactly the plan on trying not to get kicked out of her Physics class, and she just recently told her friends the whole scary discussion she just recently had with her teacher.

"Um, I don't know," Min shrugged then silently continued to eat,

"If you want, I can help you," Hayi offered.

"No offense, but how the hell are you going me how to do Physics when we aren't even in the same grade," I asked in disbelief

"Aniyo, I meant that I have some extra workbooks and textbooks at my father's personal library that might be beneficial. and I don't think he would mind to lend them to you," she said. She continued on explaining her point, "If you want to come over to check them out, you can come anytime."

"Wow, umm...thanks,"

"If you also need notes, I could probably snatch one of Kai's old notebooks and let you copy them," she giggled.

"Fine," Min agreed.  Using Kai's notes wasn't exactly the fun part of the amazing plan Hayi had to try to help her, but it was better than nothing. She wondered if Kai was actually good with his studies, along with his dancing skills, but she wasn't planning on asking him personally.

Dara finally came back bring along a big bowl of rice, a side of dry seaweed and udon noodle soup.

"Gosh, Dara don't you think that's too much? We have plenty of food back in our dorm?" she asked still staring at the pile of food Dara bought.

"Well, I'm really hungry...so..," she mumbled.

"Don't worry about it Dara, at least you don't have to share," Hayi teased patting her back. Dara definitely was pleased with that and didn't hesitate to start shoving fresh rice right into .

"So what were you guys talking about?" Dara asked.

"Hayi is going to help me by giving me extra textbooks from her father's library," Min explained, as Hayi nodded in agreement.

"Oh, can I come? It could be kind of a girl's night, today seems like the perfect time,"  Dara suggested.

"But Dara, you know tonight I have dance practice with Kai,"

"Don't worry about it Min, I live like 5 minutes away from SM headquarters, and I could always take you by car after we find something for you," Hayi reassured. Jung-ah tried to think of other excuses not to go today, but she felt stumped because she didn't want to be mean to Hayi like she didn't want to go. Instead, she wanted to arrive early at the studio to practice alone, so she could show Kai that she at least improved and worked on Kai's criticism.

"Alright," Min firmly stated, then Dara grabbed both of Hayi's and Min's hand.

"I haven't had a hangout in so long, this is going to be so much fun!" she squealed again. 

"Of course it's going to be fun, but we should still be concerned about looking for  notes," Hayi reminded again to Dara.

"Right, right," Dara chided.