I Can't Dance

Dance With Me

fancy-horz.jpg

Min's POV

"Jongin, what is this?" I asked in disbelief seeing his hand stretching out towards me.

"Just consider this...as a dancing lesson," he smirked.

My head was just spinning in confusion because never in my entire life did a guy ask me to dance with me, and surely I didn't expect it to be Kai.

"Ummm, I can't dance," I muttered keeping my head down embarrassed about this whole situation. This was a first telling something this, since I never really denied the fact that yes, I can dance, but I'm not into dancing with a partner, well, I never danced with a partner. It was just me, myself, and I.

"What do you mean you can't dance? Well, I wonder how you got into SM then," he scoffed rolling his eyes.

"I didn't mean like that....it's just I don't really dance like that," I mumbled trying to figure out how to explain to him.

"It’s fine, I'll lead," he reassured. I hesitantly took his hand then he quickly pulled me closer to me with his hand carefully placed on my shoulder and the other firmly around my waist.

"Jongin," I whined nervously. Mentally I was thinking was should I do, sway back and forth awkwardly, because I was more afraid of getting Kai mad again by doing something stupid like stepping on his shoes, or trip and push him over, either way, this wasn't going to end pleasantly.

"Don't sweat it," he chuckled then started to glide my in circles with the beat. I couldn't fixate on my surroundings and my coordination, and I barely kept eye contact with Kai and mostly had my eyes staring at a tree or something, but whenever I glanced back at him he would just have this weird seductive smile making me blush uncontrollably, then I would have to go back staring at another tree. Yet, with Kai, I felt like I was floating, guiding me across the dance floor and the music was a good addition chiming my ears.

"Do you know this song?" he asked.

"Yea, I've heard of it," I answered.

"Somehow, I can relate to this song, I'm really glad the man coincidently knew the song," he smiled.

"How? Aren't you too young for love?" I argued.

"Am I?"

"Well...um...”

"It’s fine, you don't have to understand," he sighed. Finally, the song ended, but I was still oblivious still holding on to Kai tightly.

"The song's done," he hinted.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that," I apologized while letting go of him.

"Thanks," he bowed to the old man.

"No thank you," he smiled back while stuffing the money he gave into his pocket.

"Thank you for the wonderful music," I thanked.

"No problem, and good luck Jongin," he reminded, but I wasn't sure by what he meant good luck?

"With what?" I asked.

"Nothing Min, let's just go," he grumbled as we left the park, and then arrived back to the SM building.

"Well good night," he waved going back to his dorm.

Kai's POV

Phew! Well, that went better than I thought. It was a sudden idea to dance with her, but I was bold enough to pull it off, and I didn't even make a sweat. Just glad she didn't notice how nervous I was, because my stupid idea could have ended up a lot worse. The memory of us was as vivid as I replayed it over and over again with the song, and it really got me thinking about the lyrics because I definitely lost my mind. 

A/N Okay now that I'm done I'm going to stare at that gif for a really long time..