On My Mind

Dance With Me

fancy-horz.jpg

Min's POV

 

Oh boy, being stuck in Mr. Lee's class for an hour already seems like torture. Even if the room started going on fire, it would take me forever to notice, but maybe that's not a great thing to be that spaced out in his class, but my mind is already filled with thoughts, and weird emotions, and I just can't get Kai on my mind. This morning already felt like a blur, but his face and last night were crystal clear, and the moment kept replaying over and over in my head.

 

"Min?" Mr. Lee asked snapping me out of la-la land, while he was pointing his finger at the problem shown on the board.

 

Yes?" I bluntly responded but it irked me how out of all the students in the class, he had to ask me, we both know that I wasn't paying attention, neither do I know the answer to the complex problem.

 

"Would you mind telling us the answer to the problem using the formula that I showed you?" he asked. I looked around to see if anybody would give me a hint but all I got back her stern glares looking down upon me.

 

"Ummm...uh....nine?" I guessed, but I could obviously tell I was wrong with the snickers and giggles of my other classmates like I didn't even belong in this class, and they were right, I don't. Not even the textbooks Hayi gave me were any help, and if I don't pass the first quarterly exam, I'll be heading straight right out the door to the regular classes, and then I have to deal with Mom.

 

"No Min, you’re incorrect," he sighed then continued on with his lesson. I bet Mr. Lee finally gave up on me, and I had no potential at all. When the bell rang Mr. Lee announced, "Don't forget the exam is tomorrow, study well!" but when he told us that, he was looking at with no expression, but slightly worried, but I felt relieved getting out of that classroom, and next period was lunch, so I'll be able to see Dara and Hayi.

 

***********

 

"Min, are you okay?" Dara asked looking at me concerned. It was also clear to Dara and Hayi that I had had a lot on my mind too.

 

"Yea, I'm fine, it's just I have an exam, and I honestly don't know what to do," I sighed. Dara nodded and continued eating, but Hayi was still glaring at me, not convinced fully. 

 

"Are you sure it's not a guy? Is he cute? Is he in your class?" she interrogated moving closer towards me.

 

"Hey! Why should I be thinking of any guy? I'm a trainee remember. I must be completely focused," I shouted.

 

"Alright, if you say so, but you never seem to be focused," she smiled playfully.

 

"I know," I agreed to sigh in defeat. Hayi did have a point. I seem to be out of sync with everything. I had a bad feeling about my next class with Kai, because I bet he's going to make me do even harder routines, and then I won't have time to study for my physics test. What to do!.