New Student

Dance With Me

fancy-horz.jpg

POV: Min

Yesterday's practice was tiresome and Kai and I already gotten to a bad start, I wasn't quite sure how to deal with it. My morning classes went flashing by like a blur and I barely pay attention but I guess I'm doing fine with a solid 85. Although back then, my mom would have slapped the out of me for being a dumb child, but she mellowed over time ever since I got news that I was going to be a trainee under SM entertainment she let those 85's slide. She wasn't entirely supportive of me on this decision to pursue a more artistic career. Still, she told me that she would let me train only if I completed high school but I had to accept it because that was the only way I was going to be trained. When my morning classes were done I went to the cafeteria to meet up with Dara and I found her sitting at our usual table except there was someone unfamiliar sitting with her.

"Hello Min how was school today?" Dara asked.

"Same old same old, boring school," I muttered sitting down at the table.

"Oh, I almost forgot to introduce to a new student here her name is Lee Hayi," Dara introduced gesturing to the young cute girl next to her. 

"Hello, it's really nice to meet you. Dara told me a lot of things about you. Is it true that you're working as a trainee too?" Hayi asked leaning in closer to Min waiting for an answer.

"Yea, it's true, but Dara and I only started our first year, and we have a lot of years to come," I answered. 

"Wow, you guys are so lucky! I've always wanted to be a singer but my brother never wanted to recommend me because he's too busy and what not," she sighed pouting.

"Aw, don't worry Hayi, you'll get your time to shine," Dara patted encouraging her. 

"Wait what's your brother name?" I asked wondering what her brother does. 

"Jongin, but all his fans call his name Kai.  Everyone knows him," Hayi stated rolling her eyes.

"WHAT!" Dara and I yelled at the same time. This certainly was one coincidence that I was sitting right next to Kai's sister.

"Ugh, you too? He's not that perfect you know," Lee Hi grumbled.

"No it's not that, it's just that....he's my dance teacher," I stuttered. Hayi surprisingly laughed so loud even a few of the students at the cafeteria started turning around to see what was so funny.

"Well good luck because he's one pain in the ," she laughed.

"I know," I mumbled slouching down to my seat again.

"Well, I'm totally surprised, because you're nothing like Kai at all, at least from what Min told me," Dara acknowledged. 

"Good!," she smiled continuing to eat while Dara and I were still trying to process that she was related to an idol, and she didn't even care. Well, I wished Kai wasn't her sister because even though Lee Hayi seemed like a nice person to hang out with, but if I do hang out with Hayi often that means that I'll have to deal with Kai outside of school. We were still silent from our previous conversation but I decided to break the ice by asking, "Why don't you try signing up for other entertainment companies, like SM, or YG," I suggested to Lee Hi.

"I did, but I haven't received word from them yet, but I'm still hoping I'll get some kind of response," she cheered. After lunch, I said goodbye to Dara and Hayi but before I left Hayi stopped me and said, "Wait, I forgot to tell you something,"

"What is it?" I asked. She sighed heavily and asked, "Don't fall for Kai, he's no good at all and I don't want your feelings to get hurt, will you promise me that?"

"I'm not interested in Kai so of course, I won't fall for him," I responded.

"But you didn't promise me," she claimed. I felt a little uneasy that she was right that I still didn't promise her. I didn't like doing promises because I always find a way to get them broken, and I'm not planning on falling in love.

"Ok, promise," I said.