Surprised

Dance With Me

fancy-horz.jpg

Min arrived just in time to the studio with two minutes left to spare so she took her time setting up her stereo and warming up before the teacher would come.

"Well at least I won't get scolded for being late, but why is the teacher taking too long?" she thought. Before she became too pensive on the time someone opened the studio door.

"Hello Sir," Min bowed to the young man. It surprised her that the teacher was younger than expected, maybe as young as 18! 

"Sorry I was late I was-" he said but the minute he turned around facing Min, he staggered back shocked instantly recognizing her as the girl who almost broke his nose. Luckily, when he went to get checked up by it, there were only minor bruises.

“Oh you,” he scoffed but Min was still confused why the teacher was so snobby coming in the first 5 seconds of their meeting.

"What about me?" Jung-ah asked crossing her arms getting offended.

"You're the clumsy girl who gave me a bruised nose yesterday!" he yelled pointing back at his nose which was covered with a gigantic bandage.

“Oh really, you look so different with a bandage," Min laughed making the teacher turn red either blushing or with anger, Min finally realized what his bad attitude was all about. He huffed and took a chair and sat down taking out a notepad.

"Um, excuse me, Sir-"

"Call me Kai or Jongin, Sir makes me sound like an old person," he suggested, leaning back in his chair with a cocky stance.

"Well, do you at least want to know my name?"

"Min, I already obviously know your name, now are you ready to show me the routine I assigned?" he asked. Min already knew this was evidently disastrous and she can only hope for the worst. She was pestered by how little information he was telling her like, why out of all people was he assigned to her. She didn’t seem to be impressed.

"But aren't you too young to be a teacher?" she questioned again. Kai signed heavily and now she could tell that Kai wasn't the type of guy who liked to be asked questions.

"Just do the dance routine, and I'll answer your million questions when you do a good job,' he snickered. Before you could say anything else he interrupted, 
 

 "Oh and make sure not to trip on any flat surfaces," he chuckled making Min burn red with fury but soon got herself together because she knew exactly what to do to make him take back on what he just said. She slowly prepared herself then slightly kicked the stereo pressing the play button.

fancy-horz.jpg

POV: Kai

The song I selected for her to practice was two moons which were Lay and I did for the teaser and out performance before our official debut. I also noted that if Jung-ah had any questions she was free to ask me or her manager but I never got a response from her which implied that she either thought she was doing great but will fail terribly and I'd have to scold her for being a clumsy imbecile and show her the whole thing myself. It was hard mentally preparing myself for that because I personally didn't like it when my manager was highly critical of me at the time I was a trainee, and he almost tore all of my confidence, but somehow I made it through all those hard years and had the opportunity to debut for Exo. So, I wasn't sure how I was going to approach with this girl, whether critical or not, my manager told me not to be too encouraging with her because she might overestimate herself and all sorts of bull.

 

I'm already pissed that SM made me sign up for this kind of stuff because it wasn’t in my contract to teach a trainee while I was yet in a rookie group and have my own schedule to follow. Maybe I shouldn't take it too harshly because it would be quite flattering that out of all the SM dancers they chose me somehow, so it should please me that they recognize my potential of doing this job. The problem is, I still don't want to do this job in the first place, but my manager promised that this is only temporary so I finally gave in. I convinced myself that the only job I had to do is write notes and scold her to get better,

But I was wrong again.

The minute the stereo was playing suddenly developed this layer of confidence that I've never seen in any of the trainees I've observed over the last years being in SM. She threw me off again (at least not literally) and surprised me again. 

I continued staring at her on her smooth transitions and followed exactly what I asked her to do according to the video I sent her on how to do the dance. If it weren't for the stupid rules my manager assigned with this job I would have had this dumbfounded look on my face and clapping with a standing ovation. She was amazing. Yet, one of the stupid rules my manager told me is that during her routines I had to try to stay emotionless especially this particular routine because he thought that it would make her nervous or something. 

She ended well in a solid finish and stood there awkwardly asking, "So.....how did I do?"