Night Walk

Dance With Me

fancy-horz.jpg

Min's POV

"Okay, Jongin, where exactly are we going?" I asked walking aside with Jongin. It still felt odd that all of sudden being flexible with me, especially because he was just pissed at me for being at his mother's house just today. Maybe he's just a moody person.

"I think we're here," he said as we arrived at a big park filled with flowers, and the lamp posts everywhere lighting them while the fireflies flew around the park blinking harmoniously. It was hard to tell whether it was nighttime or not. It made me feel like I was in a fairytale.

"Wow...this is...." I smiled circling myself around the park trying to absorb all the images.

"I know, I used to dance in this park during my trainee days. It's really beautiful," he agreed smiling back at me awkwardly.

"So what exactly are we doing here, are there any benches around here?" I asked.

"Gosh, do you get tired all the time?" Kai asked in disbelief.

"Whatever, I was just asking for a bench," I defended pathetically sighing. I guess Kai's plan was to just walk around, but I should be thankful for that because we should have been rehearsing back at the studio. This was way more relaxing.

"I'm not sure why I wanted to come here, but I figured you'd like it," he shrugged like it was nothing. That threw me off again. Why would he care on what I liked?

"Well it's not bad," I admitted.

"Yea, I guess we could just walk around the park to see what lurks around here," he chuckled. Before I could start moving he grabbed my arm pulling me.

"Get your hands off of me," I yelled struggling to let go of him.

"Fine, but your just so slow so it's just easier to grab," he snickered, then we continued to walk, but it was still difficult to keep up with his fast pace. I've never seen a park where you could find an abundant amount of flowers, and I could barely recognize any of them. He showed me lilies, roses, and even showed me some species that I didn't know. Kai seemed to have been pleased seeing myself oohing and ahhing. Suddenly Kai cupped his hands in the air grasping something then opened his hands revealing a small firefly blinking a bright yellow/green light, but before I got a closer look, it sprinted off from Kai's hand.A/N Idk if fireflies are still there in late Summer...but let's just say for the plot.

"Awww, it got away," I sighed disappointedly.

"It's okay, there are a lot of them around here," he said. We finally arrived to back where we first started earlier, and it didn't feel like a long time for me but we probably spent more time at the park than I expected.

"Well, I guess that's the whole park," he concluded. 

"Ooh, who's that?" I asked pointing at the whole man with a violin playing a beautiful melody that filled the eerie night. It was weird that we went around the whole park, yet I have never seen this man before, and he looks awfully talented. It's such a shame to see people like him in the streets trying to earn a living like this, instead of performing onstage with standing ovations. I walked toward the man, and Kai soon followed me after not saying anything, and I dropped 20,000 won on his violin case. Kai was quite surprised that I put that much money for the man.

"Thank you so much," he said while standing up to bow at me.

"Wow, that's a lot," Kai mumbled, staring at the man awkwardly.

"Well your girlfriend is quite generous," he chuckled gruffly.

"Well.....um...I.," Kai mumbled blushing bright pink.

"We're just friends," I explained bluntly.

"What kind of music do you play?" Kai asked.

"You name it, I play it," he said laughing lightly. Kai then leaned over to the man's ear and whispered something to him, and I couldn't quite catch it, then dropped 40,000 won to the man thanking the man again.

"Hit it!" he encouraged him giving him a thumbs up, while the man started to play this vaguely familiar tune and then it hit me. This was the same song that I remembered practicing with Dara when we first started training together. It was What is Love. Kai gestured his hand patiently waiting for me, with earnest eyes. I wasn't sure what to say, or what to do. In all of my years of dancing, I never danced with another man, especially people I have recently met

"Jongin, what is this?" I asked.

"Just consider this...as a dancing lesson," he smirked.

A/N EEEEEK Omg Kai I wish I could dance with you...but will Jung-ah take the offer? Don't ask me because idk either xD