Tough Practice

Dance With Me

fancy-horz.jpg

For the last week, Min has been working her off, with the new dance routine she had to work on to present it to her new dance teacher tomorrow morning. Usually, dancing was as easy as breathing, but somehow SM's tough schedules and high expectation of perfection, especially with the new trainees was throwing her off. Jun-ah was working day and night, going to high school during the morning, then taking singing and dancing class during the afternoon, later showing up at night to practice her routines. Yet, this is all worth is for her because dancing has been her lifetime passion and dancing is the way to go. Whenever she's on the dance floor she feels like a whole new person who's confident, cool, and sure of herself, instead of her usual awkward self.

Over and over she continued practicing the routine. Right, left, turn. 1, 2, 3, 4. When she finished the routine for the millionth time she took a quick glance at the studio mirror still seeing a young girl with a pouty irritable face, with sweat all over her.

"Why didn't my new teacher give a routine that is possible to do," she complained kicking the air in frustration then tripping herself on the floor first.

"She mumbled getting herself up from the floor to continue practicing. Thankfully, there was no else in the room to laugh at her because she wouldn't want anybody to know she's stupid enough to trip over flat surfaces. Jung-ah decided to take a break grabbing her bottle desperately chugging down the rest of the water she had left. She took a quick glance at the clock shocked that it was 11:18 and she were supposed to be at her dorm by 11:30 pm.

Min quickly grabbed her stereo and duffle bag and ran to the door pushing it wide open, but it was too late for her to realize that there were people already waiting to use the studio and accidently hit one of the guys standing outside with the door making him stumble to the ground

"Dammit why did you have to push the door open you imbecile!" he barked.

"I'm so sorry I didn't mean to!" she apologized and tried to help the guy up but he was waving both of his shaking his head furiously, “Don’t even bother; you'll probably get yourself hurt, just go," he suggested. She scurried off running as fast as you can look for your dorm number and when she arrived she banged on the door hoping that her roommate, Dara opened the door quickly sensing the urgency that Min had.

"Well I'm glad you came on time," Dara greeted opening the door. Lucky for Min, Dara was the most laid-back, and the friendliest roommate she could ever have, and both of them got really after the few months they've spent together being trainees and going to the same school.

"Hey Dara, hold on a second, I need to catch a breath," she gasped and threw herself on the couch whining and making weird noises.

"I guess you had a rough day," Dara comforted Min leaning

"Tell me about it! 5 hours practicing this 3-minute stupid routine, just because my new dance teacher wants to see potential, and I haven't even met him yet!" Min complained throwing one of the pillows from the couch, landing at the corner of the bed.

"Hey! Stop throwing pillows you're going to make a mess," Dara protested.

"Sorry about that, but throwing pillows aren't as bad as knocking out a guy on my way out of the studio," Jung-ah muttered.

"Was he an idol, or a trainee?" 

"Don’t know, don't care, he had a terrible attitude anyways. I just need tons of sleep for tomorrow morning," Jung-ah sighed. She slumped up from the couch and dragged herself to their small full-sized bed.

"Don't worry, get some rest, that's all you need," Dara reminded and gently put some blankets on Jung-ah.

"Thanks, well goodnight," Min mumbled drifting off to sleep. Yet her unconscious mind was still wondering who will be her new dance teacher.