6: Yesterdays Enemy Is Todays Friend

I Won't Love Again

You make JongHyun wait outside as you get your shower, brush your teeth, and change into your school uniform. You check yourself in your mirror and are pleased with how you look for the day.

You walk outside and lightly accept JongHyun’s hands which he stretched out to you. He smiled his goofy smile and you just looked away to hide your blush.

‘He is just too cute’ you think to yourself.

You both arrive at school but have to separate to go to your lockers. Which happen to be located on the opposite sides of the locker halls. Boys and girls were not allowed to have lockers by each. The school didn’t take to well to all the love letters. In fact, the school wouldn’t even let girls give chocolates on valentines during school and wouldn’t let boys give their chocolates on white day.

You wait patiently by the edge of the lockers for JongHyun, who was taking longer than normal. You sigh and just stare up at the ceiling.

As you wait you hear whispers behind you and turn to find the girls who had tried to keep you away from JongHyun a few weeks ago.

“Oh my god….Nana’s back…” you hear girls whisper.

“Yeah…didn’t she get suspended for almost killing that MinHyun girl or something? All over some boy?” the other responded.

You actually felt kind of bad for Nana ‘…that was her name right?’ you thought to yourself.

Nana slowly walked to her locker keeping her head down to the ground. She looked like she might burst into tears any second. You wanted to just reach out and hug her but not after what she did to you.

‘She deserves to be outcast…let her see how I felt al-’ you stop your thoughts mid-way.

‘No…bad MinHyun!! If you act like this your no better than she is’ you say as you lightly pinch your arm.

You stop leaning on the lockers and walk over to Nana. “….Don’t listen to them…they just want something to talk about” you said lightly. Nana jumped lightly not expecting someone to talk to her.

She looked up with a glow in her eyes then it was gone when she saw you. “Oh….it’s just you” she said as she went back to rummaging through her locker trying to find her shoes.

You sigh lightly, “…look…I know what it’s like to be out casted…very well…I’m just trying to make sure you don’t go through what I did…you’ll be the next one getting hit and put in the hospital” you said and then heard JongHyun call your name. You leave the pouting girl alone and go to JongHyun’s side.

As your walking away you look back at her and notice people still whispering while staring at Nana. You frown lightly and wish you could help more. But you can’t give help that isn’t accepted.

“Wasn’t that the girl who hurt you?” JongHyun suddenly asked with a serious face.

You nod lightly, “Yeah…that’s Nana” you replied.

He stopped and looked at you, “Why was she talking to you? Did she threaten you again?” he asked as he placed one fist in his other hand.

You pull his fists apart, shaking your head. “No…I was just trying to tell her that she isn’t alone…but…she didn’t really want to listen or talk to me…so…I just left when you called me” you say honestly.

“Oh…if only everyone could see how nice you really are” he mumbled lightly.

“What did you say?” you asked not being able to hear him.

He shook his head and just smiled, “nothing~ just saying how you’re the perfect girl for me” he said adding a cheesy wink towards you.

You rolled your eyes lightly and pretended to punch his arm.

“Ahhh~ Ow~” he joked and then smiled. “Come on. Let’s go to class” he said as he took your hand in his again and entwined your fingers.

You got to your classroom and you each sat at your desks. First period today was composition. You always got an A+ on all your assignments in this class. A lot of people envied you but never said it to your face.

This and your acting class are the only classes that you don’t have a seat by JongHyun. You look out the window and watch more leaves fall from the trees. It was almost time for winter. Fall had passed so quickly since JongHyun had gotten here. You couldn’t believe it had already been more than a month since he arrived. He had made your life start moving at normal speed. Before your life was all in slow-motion, the same things happening every day, now he added variety to your life. And you really liked it.

The teacher announced that in 3 days you would be having a composition test. You had to write up 3 songs compositions and 1 set of lyrics with 1 of the compositions. All had to be on piano. You sighed at the easiness of the assignment. The class ended after his announcement.

You and JongHyun walked to your gym class. It had been moved to second for that day because the teacher was late. ‘What a great example he’s setting’ you think to yourself.

JongHyun and you were put on separate courts. Today the boys were doing basketball and the girls would be playing volleyball.

You all went into the changing rooms to change into your gym outfits. You just finished changing when you hear someone slam their fist into a locker. You look over and a group of girls have surrounded Nana and pinned her against her locker still half .

“Hey…I heard you almost killed someone over a boy…now that’s a real ’s move” the lead girl smirked to her.

Nana shook her head, “ off. You don’t even know what happened ” she said and crossed her arms over her bare chest.

The lead girl snarls in anger and smacks Nana on the face, knocking her over. Some of the other girls start to kick the topless Nana. You walk over and tap the lead girl on the shoulder.

“What do you want you ?!” she yelled before she turned to see you glaring at her. She suddenly froze, “Stop girls” she said and then walked away with her gang.

Nana coughs and holds her hand against her bare ribs, “I didn’t need your help” she said weakly.

“Uh-huh…you were totally winning” you said sarcastically.

Nana just pouts and looks at the ground as you help her up.

“…why are you helping me? I mean seriously…I you just that hard-headed sawako?!” she said.

You shrugged, “I guess I just don’t want to end up like ring-leader….and I’m pretty sure sawako doesn’t talk” you respond as you hand Nana an extra gym shirt of yours. Hers had been cut to pieces by those girls.

Nana reluctantly takes you shirt then bows in appreciation as she puts it on, “um…yeah…your right…when did you start talking so much anyways? You used to just glare and, like, ignore everyone…” she said as she looks at you after putting her arms through the shirt.

You shrug, “…I guess since I found someone who can actually want to talk to me…I became a chatterbox" you say honestly.

Nana laughed lightly, “…you’re not as bad as I thought” she smiled.

“Can’t judge books by their covers…in this case judging me by my face” you said and then lightly took Nana out of the locker room and into the gym. JongHyun waved to you and you just lazily waved back. You had wanted to sleep in more but, thanks to someone, you had been woken up to early.

You and Nana had found similar things you liked, like music and lyrics, and you started to feel like you might make a ‘friend’ out of an enemy.

‘They do always say ones friend is also ones enemy…or something like that.’ You think to yourself.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I decided to add one more update for today~ *^^*

 

MinHyun out!!