1: The New Boy

I Won't Love Again

You are both walking hand in hand when he suddenly turns to you and says, “...let’s end this now” he leaves you there standing on your own with tears running down your face. That’s how your first love ended. You had never gone out with anyone since then. You didn’t trust people and your heart was damaged beyond repair. You had been in that relationship for 3 years. You thought he was the one but life had other plans than you had.

You were sitting in your class staring out the window as you sighed lightly and stared at the birds as they flapped by. You didn’t understand how everything could look so ugly to you. Even something you used to love so much…music. Everything has left you with no interest. You used to be the girl everyone called smiles. You hadn’t smiled in 5 years since that event. You were now a student at a Performing Arts school and you were now called ‘Sawako’. People were scared of you since you never smiled. You didn’t have any friends here since you began, which was a year ago. People avoided you and nobody bugged you. Not that any of it mattered to you. You just let them think what they wanted and went on with your life.

You had no interest in anything but you were constantly complimented by the teachers about your lyrics and compositions. You would just bow and walk back to your seat. Many people liked your voice when you sang but you never sang in front of people on purpose. If they heard you it was a mere accident. Some people even spread rumors that you used a recorded voice when you sang on the rooftop because they just never saw you as the type of girl who would have such a beautiful voice with such a depressing style and face.

It was the beginning of 3rd period when your teacher walked in with a boy a few years older than you. He then used his hand to show the boy beside him. “Everyone this is Kim JongHyun. He will be your classmate from now on” the teacher smiled.

You heard all the girls freaking out at how handsome he was and already trying to get dibs on him being their boyfriend. You just huffed in annoyance and kept looking out the window trying to ignore them.

“Hello everyone. My name is Kim JongHyun. Please treat me well” you felt a chill run through your body when you heard that voice. It causes you to look away from outside and look at the new boy JongHyun, as he had introduced himself. You saw his handsome features and for once since that incident you saw something that was the most beautiful thing in the world. ‘Who exactly is this Kim JongHyun?’ you wondered to yourself.

‘No…Kim MinHyun-ah!! You cannot like someone ever again…you’ll just get hurt all over again’ you then added in to your thoughts. You looked away quickly and stared back out into the distance. You watched the clouds, the birds; the leaves gently fall to the ground showing the beginning of fall. You sigh again and just zone out from the class like usual.

“JongHyun your seat is over there by MinHyun” the teacher led JongHyun to his seat. You didn’t notice when he sat beside you and just kept looking outside.

You didn’t notice that JongHyun was looking at you for a while before he decided to turn to the boy on the other side of him to say his greetings and to try to make friends.

The class had finally finished after the torturous hour and a half and you stood from your chair, lightly taking your bag, and turning to leave. You were stopped by JongHyun who was standing in front of you with his bag held over his left shoulder. He smiled to you lightly and held his hand out, “Hi there MinHyun-ah, I’m JongHyun” he smiled. You looked at his hand emotionlessly and then stepped to the side and just walked away.

“Just ignore her…she doesn’t talk to anyone…the only thing she is good at is lyrics and composing…besides those she is totally worthless” a girl said loudly as you were about to hear. She had enhanced her voice so you could hear her. You turn to look at her with a glare set on your face when you suddenly hear JongHyun speak up.

“No one is worthless…the only worthless one here is you for trying to bad talk her when you probably don’t even TRY to talk to her” he said as he walked towards you. “Come on MinHyun-ah…let’s leave” he said as he lightly took your hand and led you out of the room and to an empty corridor in the school.

You stared at the corridor wall and then JongHyun turned around to face you, “…uhhh…sorry…I made a wrong turn…I still don’t know my way around the school” he said as he lightly rubbed the back of his head.

You sigh and shrug your shoulders then lightly take the empty strap to his bag in your hand and lead him the right way to your next classes.

“Ah. Thanks” he smiled when you got to his classroom. “See you later MinHyun-ah~” he smiled and waved as he walked into his next class. Which happened to be the same as yours…again, you didn’t see why he said a goodbye but you walk into the class and take your seat by the window in the back of the classroom. You feel someone sit beside you suddenly. You feel a hand land on your shoulder. You look around ready to glare at some girl again but you see its JongHyun so you let your glare dissolve.

“Ah. I feel dumb yet again. Looks like we have the same class huh~?” he smiled to you lightly.

You just shrug and look back out the window. You hear JongHyun rustling through his bags looking for something.
“Hey…MinHyun-ah…I forgot my book at home” he said with a slight pout on his face.

You pull your book out from your bag and hand it to him.

“Ah…Thanks” he smiled and scooted his desk beside you then placed the book in the middle of them. You stare at him like he is strange and then you try to push the book over to him. He pushes it back to the middle stubbornly with a smile on his face. You just sigh and sit back in your chair with your arms crossed over your chest, ‘what’s with this guy? Why does he insist on being nice to me? He’s just gonna hurt me in the end like everyone else has’ you think to yourself. You give up and just look out the window, your arms still crossed.

You place your arms crossed on the desk and lay your head on top of your arms. You close your eyes lightly feeling a bit tired. Before you know it you fall asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you guys like this chapter. Let me know if its any good so far. *^^*

 

MinHyun out~!!